• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Sucks

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you got it all twisted... Please show me where I gave colt a pass for 7-15?

I'm still waiting for the reply to my above quote. Stop dodging it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She must be a Cowboys fan.. All she did was mention RG3's terrible play and barely mentioned the inept defense... :rollseyes:

there are some fair criticisms here . some arent

what bridgewater did isnt even remotely the point the defense is at fault there

improving on the things she mentioned is fair even the mental aspects

but what she is saying is hugely different then what you peddle day in and day out

and again if Rg3 fails then we need to look elsewhere

hence your elusive plan to fix it has gone awry

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do we fix this ?

here is what i feel will need to happen for this team to be a perennial contender

1) stability , we cant fire Gms and HC's every 5 minutes . shanahan had 4 years , gibbs 3 zorn 2 spurreir 2 shottenhiemer 1 . thats 5 coaches in 12 years . cant win like that shanny had control of football operations for 4 years gruden 4 games year allen starting his 1st year

2) patience by the fan base . this team wont go anywhere if the fan base is so much flavor of the day . now some some the fand have nothing to do with it . i say BS they buy the tickets , they buy the merchandise , and snyder listens to them and his bottom line . a coach needs 3 years to get his program rolling . i dont care how much you want to piss and moan about that but its a fact . and to those who disagree about that then my question is what is the alternative ? change out the FO every year ? change the HC every year ? i dont give a damn about 30 years . that shit is gone and you have to start somewhere and moaning like a whore wont change it

3) value our draft picks . no more stupid trades for washed up vets or alleged franchise qbs . you cant gut 2 drafts for one guy because if he fails. anyone advocating that philosophy is foolish because i have yet to see that work out at all

4) target needs in the draft , draft them at a spot that has value . if there isnt value at that spot then simply draft the BPA. build through the draft and develop our picks .

5) Top Priority should be given to the LOS on both sides of the ball . i dont care who is at qb without a good o/line it doesnt mean squat . how many rushed throws do you need to see from KC? how many times does Rg3 have to dodge someone before his foot hits on a 3 step drop. the o/line stinks

its crap , you know its crap , i know its crap , its Craaaaaaap

now the chorus will say all i ever want is the Los to be fixed . but we have never done it

on defense we have age there hatcher , cofield bowen and golston . all are over 30 and all are hurt we need a few good young guys to add to a rotation . that doesnt mean we cant use a hatcher and/or a cofield but we need good starting youth at Nt and de . i think baker is good and jenkins is a rotation guy

6) we need help at safety . guys clark and BM are over 30 . Bm is a suspension waiting to happen and clark is maybe a year away from being put out to pasture . we have no real promise except nacho who is ridng the IR . thomas cant stay healthy either . at CB we need 1 more Cb . i think we have a good pair in breeland and amerson but another tall rangy physical cb is what i am looking for . i think you can stop gap with hall and biggers and even chase

7) we need an aggressive top 10 defense to be competitive . we need pressure on the qb and decent coverage on the back end . we need to generate turnovers . This bend but dont break defense stinks i am tired of losing passively let lose going for it not sit back there waiting to lose

8) special teams need to be fixed , big returns penalties botched blocking assignments rule the day . we have an accurate Fg kicker and a thunderous punter . we lack discipline in this area

9) as i see it now we have a good wr corp a good rb corp 2 young qbs one great LT 3 good tes on offense . we have one good young d/lineman and i good rotation d/lineman and some quality over 30 guys on the d/line , we have 2 young starting cbs with potential we have a great lb corp , and an old safety position

10) the priority of needs are at least 2 o/lineman . center is weak and one guard is weak . i think long and moses can solve Rt and Og on one side but i wouldnt pass on a difference maker at OT or OG if he is there

next i look at d/line either at NT or de . we need someone who can push the pocket and force double teams

then comes safety . in all honesty we need 4 guys but i will settle for 2 young tall rangy starters i want my dbs tall and rangy and i dont mind tall cbs back there who arent fast enough to play cb

then comes CB we need another tall physical rangy cb to jar wrs off their routes

i would look at TE as well i like reed and paul however paulson could be upgraded and reed is shaky when it comes to health

then a burner at RB i like AM and helu but we need a field position changer at rb who can also return kicks

11) no signings of free agents over the age of 28 . certainly no big money on aging vets . i know sometimes a clark or hatcher signing is needed as a stop gap but we need to keep younger guys going into their prime

12) develop and keep our guys . i am tired of watching good kickers walk . i am tired of other team reaping the rewards of our guys we develop and draft

so that is what we need to do to correct the course . i dont see how we can win and not be patient . what other choice do we have ? i am all ears for any logical cases you can make for changing front offices and coaching staff every other year . i am all ears for gutting drafts on one guy . i am all ears if you can make the case for bad LOS play year in and year out . i am all ears if you want the "over the hill gang " out there and paying big money for has beens . i am all ears for drafting for needs only

all you have to do is look at seatle and what they do . they do the things i mentioned above

here is my plan i posted as a new tread weeks ago it has my plan to fix the defense

i put mine out there , people commented on it , most didnt have a plan of their own yet gripe , much like you m4comp

so put up or shut up :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do we fix this ?

here is what i feel will need to happen for this team to be a perennial contender

1) stability , we cant fire Gms and HC's every 5 minutes . shanahan had 4 years , gibbs 3 zorn 2 spurreir 2 shottenhiemer 1 . thats 5 coaches in 12 years . cant win like that shanny had control of football operations for 4 years gruden 4 games year allen starting his 1st year

2) patience by the fan base . this team wont go anywhere if the fan base is so much flavor of the day . now some some the fand have nothing to do with it . i say BS they buy the tickets , they buy the merchandise , and snyder listens to them and his bottom line . a coach needs 3 years to get his program rolling . i dont care how much you want to piss and moan about that but its a fact . and to those who disagree about that then my question is what is the alternative ? change out the FO every year ? change the HC every year ? i dont give a damn about 30 years . that shit is gone and you have to start somewhere and moaning like a whore wont change it

3) value our draft picks . no more stupid trades for washed up vets or alleged franchise qbs . you cant gut 2 drafts for one guy because if he fails. anyone advocating that philosophy is foolish because i have yet to see that work out at all

4) target needs in the draft , draft them at a spot that has value . if there isnt value at that spot then simply draft the BPA. build through the draft and develop our picks .

5) Top Priority should be given to the LOS on both sides of the ball . i dont care who is at qb without a good o/line it doesnt mean squat . how many rushed throws do you need to see from KC? how many times does Rg3 have to dodge someone before his foot hits on a 3 step drop. the o/line stinks

its crap , you know its crap , i know its crap , its Craaaaaaap

now the chorus will say all i ever want is the Los to be fixed . but we have never done it

on defense we have age there hatcher , cofield bowen and golston . all are over 30 and all are hurt we need a few good young guys to add to a rotation . that doesnt mean we cant use a hatcher and/or a cofield but we need good starting youth at Nt and de . i think baker is good and jenkins is a rotation guy

6) we need help at safety . guys clark and BM are over 30 . Bm is a suspension waiting to happen and clark is maybe a year away from being put out to pasture . we have no real promise except nacho who is ridng the IR . thomas cant stay healthy either . at CB we need 1 more Cb . i think we have a good pair in breeland and amerson but another tall rangy physical cb is what i am looking for . i think you can stop gap with hall and biggers and even chase

7) we need an aggressive top 10 defense to be competitive . we need pressure on the qb and decent coverage on the back end . we need to generate turnovers . This bend but dont break defense stinks i am tired of losing passively let lose going for it not sit back there waiting to lose

8) special teams need to be fixed , big returns penalties botched blocking assignments rule the day . we have an accurate Fg kicker and a thunderous punter . we lack discipline in this area

9) as i see it now we have a good wr corp a good rb corp 2 young qbs one great LT 3 good tes on offense . we have one good young d/lineman and i good rotation d/lineman and some quality over 30 guys on the d/line , we have 2 young starting cbs with potential we have a great lb corp , and an old safety position

10) the priority of needs are at least 2 o/lineman . center is weak and one guard is weak . i think long and moses can solve Rt and Og on one side but i wouldnt pass on a difference maker at OT or OG if he is there

next i look at d/line either at NT or de . we need someone who can push the pocket and force double teams

then comes safety . in all honesty we need 4 guys but i will settle for 2 young tall rangy starters i want my dbs tall and rangy and i dont mind tall cbs back there who arent fast enough to play cb

then comes CB we need another tall physical rangy cb to jar wrs off their routes

i would look at TE as well i like reed and paul however paulson could be upgraded and reed is shaky when it comes to health

then a burner at RB i like AM and helu but we need a field position changer at rb who can also return kicks

11) no signings of free agents over the age of 28 . certainly no big money on aging vets . i know sometimes a clark or hatcher signing is needed as a stop gap but we need to keep younger guys going into their prime

12) develop and keep our guys . i am tired of watching good kickers walk . i am tired of other team reaping the rewards of our guys we develop and draft

so that is what we need to do to correct the course . i dont see how we can win and not be patient . what other choice do we have ? i am all ears for any logical cases you can make for changing front offices and coaching staff every other year . i am all ears for gutting drafts on one guy . i am all ears if you can make the case for bad LOS play year in and year out . i am all ears if you want the "over the hill gang " out there and paying big money for has beens . i am all ears for drafting for needs only

all you have to do is look at seatle and what they do . they do the things i mentioned above

here is my plan i posted as a new tread weeks ago it has my plan to fix the defense

i put mine out there , people commented on it , most didnt have a plan of their own yet gripe , much like you m4comp

so put up or shut up :suds:

It is a good plan dad, you have posted something similar. Just know that all the things you want will take three or four years to get. Of course that is team building.

JMO but the first thing they need is a new DC. I think they can do some things on D with a better coach.

We need safety help. They decided to go all in on Orakpo last year which hurt the chances at a top safety.

They probably need a RT and one guard.

They need a healthy Griffin too. Not sure if he is the long term answer but he is probably the best answer right now.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colt,s career hasnt been stellar . i am not going to bash him because i like the guy but i think we have seen what colt is

yeah, winningest QB in CFB history when he graduated behind some of the worst OLines in CFB [2007-2009].

And just won you a game coming off the bench in the 2nd half with NO reps with the 1st stringers, and then won you another game ON THE ROAD against the then best team in the NFL on Monday night.

yeah, you have seen what Colt is... and then you benched him. Good luck to your witless organization.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy hasn't been a starter for games in the last 3 years. He's played in games in the last 3yrs, though is wasn't major gametime. So there's a reason he hasn't been a starter in the past 3yrs.

Dumbest. Logic. Ever.

The only possible "logic" to the above is an "Appeal To Authority" argument which is a logical fallacy.
And specifically, in a league that starts Tebow, Tarvaris Jackson, Troy Smith, Terrell Pryor, and the rest of the cavalcade of moron QBs we have seen in the last 5 years... that appeal to that particular authority [NFL Coaches and GMs] is quite laughable. They are morons.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's supposed to come in after not playing for 6 weeks and takes us down the field for a game winning drive? How about our damn defense making a stop against there awful offense in the 2nd half when it matters?

Colt did it two games in a row after three years off.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know anything about McCoy dude? I do because a good friend of mine is a Sooner fan and laughed when he heard we have McCoy, dude has a weak arm, yes he can run a little and can read progressions pretty well but he's also been known to be a crybaby and disruption in the locker room. He knows this is his last chance so he's not saying nothing which is smart, if he would of started today I would of backed the decision to rest Griffin one more game and who knows? I think we would of still lost if the defense played the same way but I'm sure you'll say he would of saved the day. The Vikings are ranked 4th in pass defense so I doubt McCoy would of fared much better but as for the defense against the 29th ranked offense they SUCKED

Where do you sickos get this stuff??? lmao. this is LITERALLY the worst thing I've ever read on any sports forums ever.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line:
RG3 hurt and recovering.
You're playing a very beatable Vikings team.
Then you have a BYE week.
Colt just won you two games... and not in a 'Defense did all the work and Colt 2 for 8 and just handed it off."
1st win [2nd half]: 11/12, 128yards, TD, 5/5 on game winning drive.
2nd win [full game]: 25/30, 299yards, INT, Rushing TD, 5/5 on go ahead final drive.

Why not rest RG3, have Colt [who is WINNING] play against the Vikings, then RG3 will have two full weeks to fully recover and get all the reps he needs with the first string to shake off the rust?

It is an OBVIOUS protocol, is it not?

So, as others have pointed out, the decision not to do that OBVIOUS plan had nothing to do with Ws and Ls and gameplay... it was somehow political... and that I leave to you all to discover/duscuss...

But to the rest of humanity and sports fans, it was obvious Colt should have played and then RG3 would have two full weeks to practice up

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ur plan skinsdad but can we develop players? I know thats what we need to do but we aren't exactly that great at it. Also, I know ur not into changing coaches and I'm not either, I think this team needs stability but haz needs to go. And I've stated in the past that the o line coach needs to go to but thats just my opinion

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for the reply to my above quote. Stop dodging it.

You should also understand that Colt/Kirk give us a whole lot more in terms of QB play than RG3.

I think McCoy deserved a shot yesterday and not Griffin?

That took about 20 seconds. I'm sure I could find more where you are pimping a guy with a 7-15 career record over a guy who ripped up the league playing the very offense we saw on Sunday

Where is your answer for a plan to find a better QB?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a pick. And the last offensive play we had is called a turn over on downs. Thus we turned the ball over twice technically.

You are literally the only person on Earth who considers turned over on downs to be a turnover. "Technically?" LMAO. Then why is it not listed as a turnover in the official stats?

Because it's not a turnover.

Man you will argue anything in your attempt to discredit our QB. Even when you are as wrong as wrong can be you throw this shit up there and hope to get away with it and it really hurts your credibility.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally the only person on Earth who considers turned over on downs to be a turnover. "Technically?" LMAO. Then why is it not listed as a turnover in the official stats?

Because it's not a turnover.

Man you will argue anything in your attempt to discredit our QB. Even when you are as wrong as wrong can be you throw this shit up there and hope to get away with it and it really hurts your credibility.

And you will defend him until you are blue in the face and feel that any one not willing to accept his greatness or potential greatness is some how not a Redskins fan or not worthy of considering themselves a Redskins fan. News flash, though the number is small, some of us did contend that he would be a mistake of epic proportions. And despite 2012, that perception has not changed.You keep sticking with MV2, I'll stick with the likelihood that this will go down as another failed attempt by the Redskins because as usual they bet on the wrong horse.

Enjoy the buy week, and I'll call it now, the Bucs win in two weeks. We lose by three and once again it wont be that Bob lost the game, simply that he didnt do enough to win it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining about the QB when the Defense is giving up 30+ points a game.....

:tsk:

Look at the game @ Dallas and tell me that the Defense performing isn't what finally won one for Washington.

Skins have plenty of Offense to have a winning record right now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could throw Andrew Luck out there under center and it wouldn't matter.

Not until that Defense starts playing Football.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you will defend him until you are blue in the face and feel that any one not willing to accept his greatness or potential greatness is some how not a Redskins fan or not worthy of considering themselves a Redskins fan. News flash, though the number is small, some of us did contend that he would be a mistake of epic proportions. And despite 2012, that perception has not changed.You keep sticking with MV2, I'll stick with the likelihood that this will go down as another failed attempt by the Redskins because as usual they bet on the wrong horse.

Enjoy the buy week, and I'll call it now, the Bucs win in two weeks. We lose by three and once again it wont be that Bob lost the game, simply that he didnt do enough to win it.

Here is the huge difference between the haters and the defenders. The haters start thread saying he sucks, make up shit like over on downs is now considered a turnover and claim that our QB played badly on Sunday. Now the other extreme would be for us to say Griffin was great (the opposite of sucks)

Did you hear that from any of us? No you did not. You heard me call his game "OK'. You heard Dad and every other defenders of Griffin call out his bad plays.

So clearly one side is being more objective than the other side. One side agrees that he has work to do, the other side says he makes the OL look terrible. This is only true for half the game, the pass protection. The running game with Griff, well the numbers don't lie. We acknowledge your criticism, you are incapable of admitting the other side of the coin,

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the huge difference between the haters and the defenders. The haters start thread saying he sucks, make up shit like over on downs is now considered a turnover and claim that our QB played badly on Sunday. Now the other extreme would be for us to say Griffin was great (the opposite of sucks)

Did you hear that from any of us? No you did not. You heard me call his game "OK'. You heard Dad and every other defenders of Griffin call out his bad plays.

So clearly one side is being more objective than the other side. One side agrees that he has work to do, the other side says he makes the OL look terrible. This is only true for half the game, the pass protection. The running game with Griff, well the numbers don't lie. We acknowledge your criticism, you are incapable of admitting the other side of the coin,

Show me ONCE where i said he played badly this past week?? I have said and I maintain that he has NOT lived up to expectations over the past year. And I have also maintained that the odds are he will NOT live up to the cost we paid to get him. And again I have always asked, when does he become the reason we won instead of simply NOT the reason we lost??

You call it hate if any one questions him for any reason or if any one even hints that they thought it was a bad idea. The difference between us is IM a fan of the team and I dont base my assessment of a player on what color uniform he is wearing. If Bob played for Philly, Dallas or NY you would likely agree with me. So who is actually looking at the player in an unbiased light here??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me ONCE where i said he played badly this past week?? I have said and I maintain that he has NOT lived up to expectations over the past year. And I have also maintained that the odds are he will NOT live up to the cost we paid to get him. And again I have always asked, when does he become the reason we won instead of simply NOT the reason we lost??

You call it hate if any one questions him for any reason or if any one even hints that they thought it was a bad idea. The difference between us is IM a fan of the team and I dont base my assessment of a player on what color uniform he is wearing. If Bob played for Philly, Dallas or NY you would likely agree with me. So who is actually looking at the player in an unbiased light here??

You have spent the last 2 days posting nothing but critical comments about Griff's play on Sunday where I have posted comments both defending Griffs play as well as criticizing it. You say stuff like "he didn't get it done at the end. Again" which of course means he has failed over and over again in cruch time which is simply not true. You have gone on and on about the pick, calling it a 2 turnover game when it was a 1 turnover game in everyone's mind but yours. Does this mean I get to make up shit about Cousins? Can I now claim that his 3 INT game is a 4 INT game?

While the "defenders" have acknowledged his short comings you have refused to do the same in the other direction. You constantly harp on the sacks (he makes the OL worse) but have never given him credit for what he does to the running game. You love to trot out numbers but have you ever dealt with the numbers Alfred puts up with and without Griff in the lineup? Of course you won't admit that, it doesn't fit your argument.

That is why it's pretty clear that one side is posting objectively and the other is not. We post both sides, we don't just post the stuff that fits our argument. You are incapable of doing this, even when the facts are right there such as the running game.