• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Era Over Colt McCoy to Start Sunday vs Colts

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fools are happy and we lost 49-27? God your desperate. .McCoy was sacked 6 times and those numbers were inflated due to us being so far behind the whole game....we had to pass.
Sorry but Griffin needs time if you want to make him a pocket passer...i would expect Colt to do better right now since he's a pocket passer but get rid of RGIII, I guarantee we'll regret it just like I guaranteed a blowout today.
This team is an embarrassment and will never learn, I've just about had it with this joke of an organization!

The difference is, griffin would have taken nine sacks, and maybe put up six points total. For as much as Colt McCoy did nothing until the game was basically out of reach, I seriously doubt griffin dies any better. IF griffin sets foot on the field as a Redskin again, it shouldnt be until next year. He should be made to EARN the starting spot. At this point no one should be defending Griffins honor but instead should be asking, just how fundamentally flawed is he that Colt McCoy or Kirk Cousins both actually give us a better chance to even produce points than Griffin did??

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the defense let us down

Totally agree the defense shit the bed and rolled around in it this afternoon. Haslett for all his moments of Brilliance is simply too inconsistent for me at this point. And I was one of his only supporters around here. He needs to go at the end of the season.

Maybe part of it is the talent level on the defense, but there are too many lapses that cost us games.

Its hard to suggest that the defense did anything other than shit the bed and roll around in it... but lets not forget, the defense gave the offense the ball on the Colts 15 and they got 3 points out of it. Then they gave them the ball at the Colts 45 and they went backwards 4 yards and punted. Later, after the offense scored to cut the lead to 21-10, the defense gave the offense the ball back at the Colts 48. The offense again went backwards 4 yards then punted.

So while the defense DID give up 40 plus, they gave the offense everything they could possibly do short of scoring the TDs them selves, and the offense shit the bed and rolled around in it first, showing the defense how to screw up a game right proper. The defense finally took the lesson and gave up trying.

Lots of blame to go around, but the offense scoring 27 should not absolve that miserable, pathetic, abysmal start that 100% completely squandered one of the best defensive starts of the whole season.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to suggest that the defense did anything other than shit the bed and roll around in it... but lets not forget, the defense gave the offense the ball on the Colts 15 and they got 3 points out of it. Then they gave them the ball at the Colts 45 and they went backwards 4 yards and punted. Later, after the offense scored to cut the lead to 21-10, the defense gave the offense the ball back at the Colts 48. The offense again went backwards 4 yards then punted.

So while the defense DID give up 40 plus, they gave the offense everything they could possibly do short of scoring the TDs them selves, and the offense shit the bed and rolled around in it first, showing the defense how to screw up a game right proper. The defense finally took the lesson and gave up trying.

Lots of blame to go around, but the offense scoring 27 should not absolve that miserable, pathetic, abysmal start that 100% completely squandered one of the best defensive starts of the whole season.

What he said. This loss was on the defense, they never had a chance of stopping the Colts yesterday. However the Redskins offense played a part too. They only produce after the game had been decided. When they had a chance early to make it a game they failed to get it done.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fools are happy and we lost 49-27? God your desperate. .McCoy was sacked 6 times and those numbers were inflated due to us being so far behind the whole game....we had to pass.
Sorry but Griffin needs time if you want to make him a pocket passer...i would expect Colt to do better right now since he's a pocket passer but get rid of RGIII, I guarantee we'll regret it just like I guaranteed a blowout today.
This team is an embarrassment and will never learn, I've just about had it with this joke of an organization!

Give it a rest. We as fans are not the issue. Also - nobody in the organization has made any statement about their long term plans at QB & that is all that matters at this pt - the sooner this season is over the better!

Regardless of the starting QB it was painfully obvious yesterday that this team has major issues on the O-line. Without a healthy Williams this O-line is horrible at best. As most of us have stated numerous times the focus needs to start in that area. That should be obvious which leads me to believe that perhaps it won't be addressed this offseason. I pretty much have no faith in this organization at this time. They will need to earn our support at this time - once they put together a decent team for a few seasons I will feel differently. At this pt I highly question this organization's desire to field a winning team.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like a Griffin apologist again, the pictures from Tampa reveal all, but Colt did a lot of the same things yesterday, He held it way too long on a number of those sacks, including the highlight TD to Paulson which was more a result of 3 missed tackles than anything else.

Again not trying to bash Colt, he had a pretty good game, just trying to be fair.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound like a Griffin apologist again, the pictures from Tampa reveal all, but Colt did a lot of the same things yesterday, He held it way too long on a number of those sacks, including the highlight TD to Paulson which was more a result of 3 missed tackles than anything else.

Again not trying to bash Colt, he had a pretty good game, just trying to be fair.

Well - that being the case I have to put some of the blame on Gruden. Jeez - this guy played QB & is supposed to be an offensive guru. If what you are stating is correct then the Redskins now have 3 QBs with significant issues. Didn't he see this coming?

People need to stop focusing so much on the QB issue & realize that there are much bigger issues at this time.
I hope I am wrong, but there are now clear signs that perhaps Gruden was not the correct choice for head coach. Please prove me wrong. However - not feeling good about that given this team's recent history.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - that being the case I have to put some of the blame on Gruden. Jeez - this guy played QB & is supposed to be an offensive guru. If what you are stating is correct then the Redskins now have 3 QBs with significant issues. Didn't he see this coming?

People need to stop focusing so much on the QB issue & realize that there are much bigger issues at this time.
I hope I am wrong, but there are now clear signs that perhaps Gruden was not the correct choice for head coach. Please prove me wrong. However - not feeling good about that given this team's recent history.

As I just said to Kick hard to judge a coach with this roster. They have a serious void at QB, the most important position in all of sports. They need 2 starting guards, a right tackle, at least 2 defensive lineman, 2 safeties, perhaps a corner as well. But hey, we've got that punter position nailed down.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I just said to Kick hard to judge a coach with this roster. They have a serious void at QB, the most important position in all of sports. They need 2 starting guards, a right tackle, at least 2 defensive lineman, 2 safeties, perhaps a corner as well. But hey, we've got that punter position nailed down.

I understand & agree from that perspective. However - as I mentioned - this guy is an ex-QB & has spent most of his life coaching that position. He should at least know how to put QBs in the best position & help correct their flaws. I see no evidence off that at the current time.

I also see signs of things that are indicative of bad coaching & not simply lack of talent - tons of penalties, turnovers, lost challenges, locker room in disarray & bad decisions on the field. The 4th and short call yesterday was one of the worst decisions I have seen in a long time. You only need a few inches & have a pretty decent running game - why in the world do you revert to a slow developing pass play? I have seen lots of other similar poor decisions this season.

Perhaps this is OJT & Gruden will get better especially with some more talent. However - he still needs to prove that he is worthy of this position.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - again a lot of the poor secondary play is the result of players being totally out of position. IMO - this is a result of mental mistakes more than talent. Especially with their older safeties this should not be happening. Certainly looks like poor coaching to me.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - again a lot of the poor secondary play is the result of players being totally out of position. IMO - this is a result of mental mistakes more than talent. Especially with their older safeties this should not be happening. Certainly looks like poor coaching to me.

100% this is coaching. We saw them display enough talent to stifle Tony Romo and run the ball well vs the 49ers. But they may way way too many mistakes, mostly mental. That's coaching, not talent level.

Is anyone still really going to suggest Haslett is held back by his talent, not the other way around?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% this is coaching. We saw them display enough talent to stifle Tony Romo and run the ball well vs the 49ers. But they may way way too many mistakes, mostly mental. That's coaching, not talent level.

Is anyone still really going to suggest Haslett is held back by his talent, not the other way around?

this past off season the mantra was haslett was handcuffed by shanny . well shanny is gone and the defense is making a multitude of mental errors you should see this late in the season

morris and haslett arent getting it done

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this past off season the mantra was haslett was handcuffed by shanny . well shanny is gone and the defense is making a multitude of mental errors you should see this late in the season

If they bring back Haslett next season then everyone will know that this organization is beyond clueless & has absolutely no desire to succeed.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they bring back Haslett next season then everyone will know that this organization is beyond clueless & has absolutely no desire to succeed.

Haslett literally duped Gruden and Allen/Snyder into believing his excuses that nothing was his fault. Well played, Hazmat, well played. You bought your self another year as an NFL coordinator.

Hopefully in 2015 its back to the UFL for you!:lame:

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. We as fans are not the issue. Also - nobody in the organization has made any statement about their long term plans at QB & that is all that matters at this pt - the sooner this season is over the better!

Regardless of the starting QB it was painfully obvious yesterday that this team has major issues on the O-line. Without a healthy Williams this O-line is horrible at best. As most of us have stated numerous times the focus needs to start in that area. That should be obvious which leads me to believe that perhaps it won't be addressed this offseason. I pretty much have no faith in this organization at this time. They will need to earn our support at this time - once they put together a decent team for a few seasons I will feel differently. At this pt I highly question this organization's desire to field a winning team.

OMG, are we just now realizing this? No, I'm not poking fun at you SoCal, but we have all been preaching this for years. I credit our OLINE for some if not most of Griffin's issues. We are not going to win anymore games this year and quite frankly, why should we? It is painfully obvious our scouting department has NO clue how to evaluate talent while other teams are filling in guys for injured players who can actually play. Decisions must be made to replace the decision makers at some point. If that is Allen, then so be it, he has to go and he can take the scouting department with him. The organization is so dysfunctional and we are all tired of talking about it quite frankly.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, are we just now realizing this? No, I'm not poking fun at you SoCal, but we have all been preaching this for years. I credit our OLINE for some if not most of Griffin's issues. We are not going to win anymore games this year and quite frankly, why should we? It is painfully obvious our scouting department has NO clue how to evaluate talent while other teams are filling in guys for injured players who can actually play. Decisions must be made to replace the decision makers at some point. If that is Allen, then so be it, he has to go and he can take the scouting department with him. The organization is so dysfunctional and we are all tired of talking about it quite frankly.

Skinz, I'm the last one to defend our putrid OL, but to blame them for most of Griffin's issues is crazy. All of Griffin's issues are his own. He made this bed. Now he has to lie in it. He is the one that demanded the offense be change to a pocket passing offense. He was arrogant in believing he was ready. he has regressed since his first year. He can't even execute a simple 3 or 5 step drop correctly at this point. We saw Colt do that 20 times correctly yesterday behind the same OL. He has turned out to be all in for RG3. How you can promote him at this point is quite puzzling.

I do agree about the scouting department. Our talent sucks. Of course this is the same group that rated RG3 a can't miss, so what does that tell you?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better question: who would take that defensive coordinator job?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinz, I'm the last one to defend our putrid OL, but to blame them for most of Griffin's issues is crazy. All of Griffin's issues are his own. He made this bed. Now he has to lie in it. He is the one that demanded the offense be change to a pocket passing offense. He was arrogant in believing he was ready. he has regressed since his first year. He can't even execute a simple 3 or 5 step drop correctly at this point. We saw Colt do that 20 times correctly yesterday behind the same OL. He has turned out to be all in for RG3. How you can promote him at this point is quite puzzling.

I do agree about the scouting department. Our talent sucks. Of course this is the same group that rated RG3 a can't miss, so what does that tell you?

While I agree with you the 2 go hand in hand. I still firmly believe that if Griffin was behind the Dallas OL he would regain his confidence, reduce the happy feet, and be a much more productive player. But now it's a chicken/egg type of self fulfilling prophecy. He has no confidence in the OL and that is showing in his play. But as you said a bad OL does not mean you turn a 5 step drop into a 3 step drop or fail to deliver the ball to wide open receivers. That part is all on the QB

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB situation AND OL stink. It is frustrating because there is a more than capable RB in Alfred, and a formidable receiving corp when factoring in a healthy Reed. And when they put together a pretty decent game..what happens...

The Defense stinks!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB situation AND OL stink. It is frustrating because there is a more than capable RB in Alfred, and a formidable receiving corp when factoring in a healthy Reed. And when they put together a pretty decent game..what happens...

The Defense stinks!

Well - just undermines the need to constantly improve the linemen on both sides of the ball. I would hardly say that the O-line had a decent game overall. They were alright in spots but remember that 1. they gave up one TD on a turnover 2. there was pressure on McCoy almost all day & 3. McCoy completed one TD pass in spite of bad blocking (there were 3 guys in his face when he made the play).

I believe that you have seen proof that this team can be alright if they keep improving in this area even if the QB is not great (assuming that the QB does not compound the situation by playing poorly or turning the ball over). You would think that this is common sense. If this team does not improve in these areas over the next 2-3 years then what can I say except that they are morons who have no interest in winning.