• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Era Over Colt McCoy to Start Sunday vs Colts

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of shocked to see this. Teams that are now out of it should be playing the guy they staked their franchise on unless they think they have someone else that could be the answer? Surely Cousins and McCoy don't fall into that category.

RGIII has been bad, but the jury is still out...why not take these five games and see if you can't make a final call on if he's the guy? I see no benefit to delay. If this is done to "reset" him, you may just be putting yourself through another year of QB misery for no reason.

This is why the Jets will go with Geno Smith the rest of the year.

Gruden is "losing" the team by playing Griffin. Griffin's not allowing players to develop due to his bad play. There are WRs that are open, that he doesn't see and/or get the ball to. There are sacks that he shouldn't take because the ball should have been thrown. But he's not trusting the Wrs to win those routes and he doesn't want to throw a INT. He does need to play time. But not at the expense of not progressing at the rate that's expected of him. Players and coaches want to win. Fans want them to win. His play is not falling into winning or coming close to winnable. This bench needed to happen

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i figured this move was going to be made because frankly we needed to see colt over a stretch of games to see if he is an answer as either a BU or legit qb .

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that the only time I saw an entire RG3 game this season is when he played against the Niners. Also, I know that stats are everything. I just find it interesting that RG3 is completing 69.7% of his passes this season and has a 85.7 passer rating, but yet the stuff I hear about him makes it seem like he is no better than a high school quarterback. Is the criticism of him overblown? I just think that his team as a whole is having a terrible season, and that as the starting QB, the bulk of the criticism will of course be on him. I'm not saying he is playing great, just that his numbers seem to indicate that he is not a terrible quarterback.

And why start McCoy now? McCoy has proven to be nothing more than second-string quality. You guys might as well keep starting RG3. If RG3 is healthy, he should continue starting. If RG3 is truly terrible, then letting him play should at least help you guys get the highest draft position possible.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has McCoy proven to be nothing more than 2nd string. He beat Cowboys in Dallas with one week of practice.

he came in COLD the week before in the 2nd half and won. Do we need to post the stats again? It wasn't a fluke.

And please don't make me post the cavalcade of complete losers who have started in the NFL over the last several years.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has McCoy proven to be nothing more than 2nd string. He beat Cowboys in Dallas with one week of practice.

he came in COLD the week before in the 2nd half and won. Do we need to post the stats again? It wasn't a fluke.

And please don't make me post the cavalcade of complete losers who have started in the NFL over the last several years.

Relax El, we know you are president of the Colt McCoy fan club. All of the Redskin fans will be too if he continues to play well.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, El, chill out. In isn't unreasonable to question if Colt is a starter in this league just by looking at his body of work in this league. Its not great. There is every reason to believe that he will eventually play to his past performance, especially on this team. If he rises above and proves that his first couple of years were a fluke, great. We will hoist him on our shoulders and name him King of DC. Until he falters then we will drag his bloody corpse through the street. Welcome to being the QB of the Redskins. Enjoy while it lasts, which most likely won't be long.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that the only time I saw an entire RG3 game this season is when he played against the Niners. Also, I know that stats are everything. I just find it interesting that RG3 is completing 69.7% of his passes this season and has a 85.7 passer rating, but yet the stuff I hear about him makes it seem like he is no better than a high school quarterback. Is the criticism of him overblown? I just think that his team as a whole is having a terrible season, and that as the starting QB, the bulk of the criticism will of course be on him. I'm not saying he is playing great, just that his numbers seem to indicate that he is not a terrible quarterback.

And why start McCoy now? McCoy has proven to be nothing more than second-string quality. You guys might as well keep starting RG3. If RG3 is healthy, he should continue starting. If RG3 is truly terrible, then letting him play should at least help you guys get the highest draft position possible.

LOL, I meant to say that "stats aren't everything."

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish Colt a lot of luck. He seems like a good guy. Let's see if he can become a good NFL starting QB.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Colt a lot of luck. He seems like a good guy. Let's see if he can become a good NFL starting QB.

If he can consistently win in DC, he belongs in the NFL Hall of Fame. The last QB to have a winning record in his Redskins career, was Brad Johnson in 1999-2000. He still got benched for Jeff George of all people.

I wish him luck also... lots of it. Like, winning the Megabucks kind of luck.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can consistently win in DC, he belongs in the NFL Hall of Fame. The last QB to have a winning record in his Redskins career, was Brad Johnson in 1999-2000. He still got benched for Jeff George of all people.

I wish him luck also... lots of it. Like, winning the Megabucks kind of luck.

What a sad stat...:gaah:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a given the RGIII era is over at all, especially if he was willing to restructure his contract.

Objectively speaking.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

85.7 isn't a great rating at all, it's rather pedestrian.

But, QB Rating is often called an over-rated stat.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great day, folks...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85.7 isn't a great rating at all, it's rather pedestrian.

But, QB Rating is often called an over-rated stat.

I never said his stat line is great. I was just saying that it doesn't indicate that he is absolutely terrible. I think it was Chris Cooley, and perhaps others, who said he looks like a high schooler out there. 85.7 is probably either average or below average in the current NFL, but it is certainly not rock bottom.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII era may be over...he does deserve better then this joke of an organization.

How you enjoying McCoy so far? LOL.
We're gonna get blown out today....
But I guess that's Griffin's fault!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII era may be over...he does deserve better then this joke of an organization.

If Griffin wasnt sucking moose dong McCoy wouldnt even be on the field. So While I agree this game is not on Griffin, If he were any where near as good as he thinks he is, we wouldnt be talking about SHOULD we draft a QB three days after Thanksgiving.

Just saying.

Oh... we suck.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

392 yards and 3 TDs, not too bad. D was another story. Was Griffin playing safety? :doh:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the defense let us down

Totally agree the defense shit the bed and rolled around in it this afternoon. Haslett for all his moments of Brilliance is simply too inconsistent for me at this point. And I was one of his only supporters around here. He needs to go at the end of the season.

Maybe part of it is the talent level on the defense, but there are too many lapses that cost us games.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fools are happy and we lost 49-27? God your desperate. .McCoy was sacked 6 times and those numbers were inflated due to us being so far behind the whole game....we had to pass.
Sorry but Griffin needs time if you want to make him a pocket passer...i would expect Colt to do better right now since he's a pocket passer but get rid of RGIII, I guarantee we'll regret it just like I guaranteed a blowout today.
This team is an embarrassment and will never learn, I've just about had it with this joke of an organization!