• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 Era Over Colt McCoy to Start Sunday vs Colts

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we might win the game now

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let's review.

Colt comes off the bench COLD while RG3 is injured.
He wins that game.

He gets one week with the first team at practice.
He beats the then league-leading Cowboys in Dallas.

Redskins next play the very beatable Vikings before a BYE week.

Instead of:
- playing the QB who has played very well and won you two games against the beatable Vikings
- then bring back RG3 with two full weeks to practice with the first team before coming back to start

Instead you choose to rush RG3 back, lose more games, throw the season away..

...and now you bring back Colt anyway.

Did i get that right?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy only played against Dallas don't act he is the answer he played decent but by no means is he a long-term answer

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redskinz = raiderz of the east,.......idiot/ownership,.....''nuff-said'',.....[sorry cali/had to say it].

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best decision for everyone, including RG3.
The team has a chance to win games with Colt in the game now.
RG3 gets to realize that if he ever wants to be a starting quarterback, that he has a lot of preparing to do.
This could bring the organization closer together, and that no one is undermining the head coach.

Adam Shefter believes this is simply the reset button for RG3, and that the Skins have not given up on him.
If he is humbled by this and spends time working on the art of being an nfl quarterback, maybe.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to make this move. With that said anyone not sportitng a Texas logo on their profile understands that Colt McCoy is not a good NFL starting QB and that will reveal itself in time. He may have another good game or 2 but if he's the starter next season we have no chance. Again.

Personally as much as I bashed him Kirk Cousins is my choice at this point. He moved the team far better than the other 2 and maybe, just maybe, he can control his turnovers.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to make this move. With that said anyone not sportitng a Texas logo on their profile understands that Colt McCoy is not a good NFL starting QB and that will reveal itself in time. He may have another good game or 2 but if he's the starter next season we have no chance. Again.

Personally as much as I bashed him Kirk Cousins is my choice at this point. He moved the team far better than the other 2 and maybe, just maybe, he can control his turnovers.

They had to make this move? Was Gruden held at gunpoint?

RG3, we know.
Cousins. The only chance he can be successful right now is if he played in a blizzard and the conditions were so bad, that he could not distinguish the opponents jerseys from his.
Colt McCoy. Gives the Redskins the best chance to win.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have no more excuses for winning games. The reason the team has been horrible is now on the bench, maybe sent to 3rd string so street clothes for you pal. Better win the rest of the games this season. Excuses out the window. Results come on in.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have no more excuses for winning games. The reason the team has been horrible is now on the bench, maybe sent to 3rd string so street clothes for you pal. Better win the rest of the games this season. Excuses out the window. Results come on in.
????
The season is over. The locker room is lost. The players have no on-field motivation. And they weren't good to start with.

How is this a "no excuse for not winning" type of scenario. Looks pretty opposite to me.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well - this should help highlight even more whether the offensive woes are primarily due to the O-line or to RG3 & that should benefit everyone including RG3. If the perception that sacks & other shortcomings are due to RG3 it should be proven again in the games where he is not playing.

I also would not jump to the conclusion that this is the last that we see of RG3. A huge fire has now been lit under his rear end. We now need to see how he reacts to this especially if he doesn't play again this season. This will be his chance to start over with the coaches & spend as much time as possible reviewing video, working with coaches, etc.

The worst result would be if McCoy also does poorly & then they possible continue to change QBs during the remainder of the season & all them do poorly. In that case - well - maybe they need to start considering other options.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????
The season is over. The locker room is lost. The players have no on-field motivation. And they weren't good to start with.

How is this a "no excuse for not winning" type of scenario. Looks pretty opposite to me.

Obviously, you didn't understand what I was getting at since you're not a regular poster to this board.

Well - this should help highlight even more whether the offensive woes are primarily due to the O-line or to RG3 & that should benefit everyone including RG3. If the perception that sacks & other shortcomings are due to RG3 it should be proven again in the games where he is not playing.

I also would not jump to the conclusion that this is the last that we see of RG3. A huge fire has now been lit under his rear end. We now need to see how he reacts to this especially if he doesn't play again this season. This will be his chance to start over with the coaches & spend as much time as possible reviewing video, working with coaches, etc.

The worst result would be if McCoy also does poorly & then they possible continue to change QBs during the remainder of the season & all them do poorly. In that case - well - maybe they need to start considering other options.

Spot on SoCal

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to make this move? Was Gruden held at gunpoint?

RG3, we know.
Cousins. The only chance he can be successful right now is if he played in a blizzard and the conditions were so bad, that he could not distinguish the opponents jerseys from his.
Colt McCoy. Gives the Redskins the best chance to win.

No Gruden was not held at gunpoint, he was held hostage by damning video of his QB holding the ball while receivers ran free. He had no choice as I said and that fact that this move has been made shows who is actually calling the shots. That's the only good news to come out of this whole thing.

Still I can't help wondering how well Griffin would do if he faced our pass rush. :lol:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move. I hope Rg3 is gone in the off season via trade.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Gruden was not held at gunpoint, he was held hostage by damning video of his QB holding the ball while receivers ran free. He had no choice as I said and that fact that this move has been made shows who is actually calling the shots. That's the only good news to come out of this whole thing.

Still I can't help wondering how well Griffin would do if he faced our pass rush. :lol:

9 Sacks.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should elaborate. Washington has 27 sacks on the year.

Tampa Bay has 23 sacks on the year, but 6 of them came against RGIII. San Francisco has 22 sacks on the year, but 5 of them came against RGIII.

He's already pl;ayed two defenses that have fewer sacks that the Skins defense does for the season. He gave up 11 sacks cumulative to those two teams. Looked at another way, his last two opponents have played 11 games each, but gotten 25 % of their season sack totals vs RGIII.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should elaborate. Washington has 27 sacks on the year.

Tampa Bay has 23 sacks on the year, but 6 of them came against RGIII. San Francisco has 22 sacks on the year, but 5 of them came against RGIII.

He's already pl;ayed two defenses that have fewer sacks that the Skins defense does for the season. He gave up 11 sacks cumulative to those two teams. Looked at another way, his last two opponents have played 11 games each, but gotten 25 % of their season sack totals vs RGIII.

And we got 10 sacks from Jacksonville. Those don't really count. So really we have 17

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of shocked to see this. Teams that are now out of it should be playing the guy they staked their franchise on unless they think they have someone else that could be the answer? Surely Cousins and McCoy don't fall into that category.

RGIII has been bad, but the jury is still out...why not take these five games and see if you can't make a final call on if he's the guy? I see no benefit to delay. If this is done to "reset" him, you may just be putting yourself through another year of QB misery for no reason.

This is why the Jets will go with Geno Smith the rest of the year.