• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Released

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maketavich is going to play MLB after we draft him. Huge savings in cap space money. Not Sure I agree with Long but it was going to happen sooner rather than later. Keep going Fisher. Britt, Kendricks, and Saffold are next.
I'm not sure Long is gone for sure.

One thing that has always been admirable about Fisher, he always seems to look out for those who have busted their ass for him.

By that I mean, he gives those guys the opportunity to go get their market value by cutting them early in the process, and if they still want to be a Ram, I'm sure he would either take them at their market value by matching if it makes since, or if it doesn't, make them the home team discount offer.

I think we may see Long go for the latter if it makes good sense for him.

BTW - The same argument could be made for JL55 just to a lesser degree, however in no way Cookie!

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see Long going to chicago to play with his brother or Sign with the Pats because thats what rams players do u-u

I think his first choice would probably be to work something out with the Rams but I can definitely see him playing in Chicago. I could possibly see even Carolina with Jared Allen retiring.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Chris Long: Thanks for being a leader/mentor and for your aggressive play!
To Lil Animal: Coming from Ohio State, you weren't the MLB that I thought you were!
To Jarod Cook: You simply SUCK! You only care about yourself! You should really learn how to catch! You were a big reason as to why our ofense was so stagnant the last 3 years!

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • joelworldJust heard that I'm about to be unemployed. I just want to personally and humbly thank the city of St. Louis again for all your support over 8 years. I love y'all so much for sticking with me through the ups and downs.
    I also want to thank our LA fans, and although I may never join you in SoCal, just know that I'll always appreciate you.
    Bottom line is- this is a production business. No excuses, the last two years have been shit. It's been painful to experience because I care deeply about my performance and my responsibility to my teammates. Before the last two years I'm very proud of what I was able to accomplish in St. Louis. I'm not surprised, but it doesn't make it any easier to leave your family.
    I look forward to the next chapter. Hungry and a lot to prove all over again. First I'm gonna have a beer.
    Wishing it shook out differently but eternally grateful,
    C Long
Snake Eyes gets a 'Winner' rating from me because of this post!

Thanks for sharing bud!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... unsurprisingly surprising moves from the Rams. I'm REALLY gonna miss Laurinaitis and Long. Two true class acts! Thanks for all the years of hard work, leadership and memories and good luck wherever your career paths take you!

On the business side, this move is gonna free up about $23 Million in cap room, which can only be a good thing for free agency. Looks like the youth movement will continue in Los Angeles.

Oh... and Jared Cook... don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, fucko.
Hey stranger!

Good to see you around Caynine!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jlaurinaitisAfter seven unforgettable seasons with the St. Louis Rams, I am saddened that my time with the team has come to an end. I would like to thank the Rams organization for giving me the opportunity to live out my dream of playing in the NFL! I am forever grateful for the time I spent playing alongside my incredible teammates who have become brothers and lifelong friends. I'm going to miss going to battle with you guys. Thank you to the fans who have supported me over the past 7 years. I'm sorry we couldn't accomplish more, but I promise you I gave it all I had on Sunday's. The city of St. Louis has welcomed me since day one and our daughter was born here, so it will always have a place in our hearts.
While it is difficult to close this chapter of my career, I look forward to the journey ahead and what the future holds in store for me and my family. I can't wait to play football. Thank you!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Caynine about this being a bold move. No trying to restructure contracts... No waiting around to deliberate strategic FA moves... Just BAM!!!

The Rams are sending out an announcement to all the free agents with this "all in one move" that we will have plenty of cap space and you want to be part of a winning Rams' future in Los Angeles.

Sentimentality aside, and as everyone has posted, we all know this move was necessary. Due to age, the chances for injuries were a high probability with these three and their production was not worth that risk going forward.

I can't believe I'm saying this: I applaud Fisher's decision to make a clean break!!!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Ogletree to MLB like I said a month or two ago might just happen.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mc5fCvQd_reasonably_small.jpg
Nick Wagoner– upload_2016-2-19_21-37-14.gifVerified account ‏@nwagoner
Have mentioned this a few times this offseason but Rams hope is to move Alec Ogletree to MLB and re-sign Mark Barron to play WIL.
2:41 PM - 19 Feb 2016

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-19_21-37-14.gif
    upload_2016-2-19_21-37-14.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 34

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this opens up enough cap to make a splash in FA as it is likely to be used to resign the teams secondary ( all of whom are FA's ).

24M is not enough to sign all 4 players, so they would need to get into the rest of their cap space which leaves very little for FA's ( especially splash FA's ).

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this opens up enough cap to make a splash in FA as it is likely to be used to resign the teams secondary ( all of whom are FA's ).

24M is not enough to sign all 4 players, so they would need to get into the rest of their cap space which leaves very little for FA's ( especially splash FA's ).

24 million to go with the 39 million we are already under the cap.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today's releases we are at $58,319,684 under the cap.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has Tree every played MLB in his life? He seems to me like he's a hitter not a chess master

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'll always be critical of the move back to Los Angeles, at least they did good by these players before they started seriously looking to move to the Los Angeles area. So now they can look elsewhere for places to move their families instead of having them move out there and then cutting them.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 58M sounds great, but the Rams have a lot of players I'm sure they want to keep and it won't come cheap.

Fairley at his current 5M is pretty reasonable and I'm sure they would like to keep him at that price.
Hayes will probably get a raise from his current 4.5M as will Sims from his 2.4M as they will both be filling Long's vacated spot.
Barron, McLeod, Johnson and Jenkins are all due for raises if the Rams can keep them all ( which I'm sure they would love to ). Let's say 6M average for each ( with Jenkins and Johnson making more but Barron and McLeod making less ). That's probably wishful thinking but let's just go with that for now.
Greg Z will get a raise if they keep him around and Keenum will get a raise as well since he is the starter for now.

Let's say Hayes and Sims combined cost 10M ( they both combined for 7M this season so both get a 1.5M bump ).
Let's say Greg Z gets 1M and Keenum 2M.

That's 42M for all those guys and the rookie class is about 6M roughly.

That's 48M total and leaves 10M for FA's. And that's assuming they can get the whole secondary for 24M.

10M is not much to work with for FA's. That's what I was getting at.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance of an offer to restructure any of their contracts? The Rams will miss Long....

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 58M sounds great, but the Rams have a lot of players I'm sure they want to keep and it won't come cheap.

Fairley at his current 5M is pretty reasonable and I'm sure they would like to keep him at that price.
Hayes will probably get a raise from his current 4.5M as will Sims from his 2.4M as they will both be filling Long's vacated spot.
Barron, McLeod, Johnson and Jenkins are all due for raises if the Rams can keep them all ( which I'm sure they would love to ). Let's say 6M average for each ( with Jenkins and Johnson making more but Barron and McLeod making less ). That's probably wishful thinking but let's just go with that for now.
Greg Z will get a raise if they keep him around and Keenum will get a raise as well since he is the starter for now.

Let's say Hayes and Sims combined cost 10M ( they both combined for 7M this season so both get a 1.5M bump ).

That's 48M total and leaves 10M for FA's. And that's assuming they can get the whole secondary for 24M.

Are you factoring in the possible cap increase? It could be as much as $12 million.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you factoring in the possible cap increase? It could be as much as $12 million.

Yes. Prior to the trios release, the Rams were estimated to have 33M in cap space (that is figuring the jump to 155M cap and a 2M carry over the Rams have).

Add the 24M+ they just saved and you get 57-58M roughly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fairley is not coming back for $5M. That was a one year prove-it deal. He's going to bring much more on the open market, and will be a starter somewhere. He's gone IMO.

Hayes and Sims may have competition from other free agents at DE. Hayes played pretty well in Long's absence last year, but was he good enough to be the full time starter? Not so sure. They could look younger, or maybe they get involved if Mario Williams gets released (although that might require more cuts).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These moves only means that the Rams are going to try to sign as many of our own FAs as possible. It is feasible that Tru, Jenkins, and McCleod will eventually re-sign. I agree with Vita, I suspect we will see Long return at a reduced salary. He is too genuine of a leader to throw by the wayside. If not, I suspect he'll end up in Chicago to play with his brother.

And I agree with the prevailing sentiment about Cook. He couldn't be gone fast enough. What a complete waste of a TE.

Last edited: