• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regehr Cleared But Out for Game 1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL.com - Kings defenseman Regehr likely to play in Game 2 - Kings vs Rangers Series Blog - 2014 Stanley Cup Final

Per Darryl Sutter in this article, Regehr will be in for Game 2. Likely to replace Greene and maybe Martinez.

This doesn't look broken, so not sure why we are fixing the lineup. I would maybe vote to keep Regehr in the wings until the Kings maybe drop a game.

Sutter has show that he knows what he's doing, so I won't doubt him beyond the obvious statement that this team is flowing right now as is.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest Greene.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest Greene.

Perhaps, but his Game 7 against the Blackhawks was a throwback to 2012, impressive. And it was not his play that led to two goals in Game against the Rangers. My two cents.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice would be to sit Voynov and let him watch from the press box. Maybe it'll light a fire in him. He just looks like he's coasting a bit too much for me.

Ox

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox, I thought exactly the same while watching Game 1. But I know it also violates Lombardi/Sutter preference of always pairing a rushing defenseman with a stay-at-home type. Once I type this I then think about Muzzin with Doughty, and realize that doesn't exactly fit their thinking.
Oh well...Kings will win in 4 or 5 regardless of the pairings.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again Sutter just might be BSing, just to throw off the Rangers.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's entirely possible but I'm thinking it's more about rewarding Regehr for his good play all season and so far in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see who does in fact sit if he does indeed play. I'm guessing Greene although I have liked what I've seen from Greene's play since he's been back in the lineup and I've always liked his physical presence in front of Quick on defense.

Ox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you were right.

However, after watching Game 2, Greene looked really slow on 3 plays in particular. He hasn't played bad, he's just too slow. I think maybe bringing in a fresh guy in Regehr for Game 3 might be wise now with less than 48 hour turnaround. Not sure who you sit, but we'll see.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised to see Regehr inserted tonight, but I would prefer it to be Greene and not a mobile defender.

Mitchell and Regehr really have to rely on positioning because the speed of some of the Rangers forwards will kill them. The Kings will have to do with 4 LH and 2 RH shots instead of the standard 3/3.

Voynov is the one who really deserves to sit, he has been awful this entire playoffs generally speaking, but the Kings need his skating and offensive skill right now from the back end.