• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins sign Landon Collins

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is you can’t let Norman go with stroman and Johnson as the guys . And let’s add a little thing called qb could be taken at 15
Hmmm...we shall see I guess. "If" they resolve the QB situation through a trade or bring in another cheap vet, I could see Greedy Williams being taken if still on the board. Regardless of who we have at corner, if he is still there he makes our defense better. So the possibilities are endless and we are in a good spot draft position wise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the only way we dont take a cap hit next season as well for norman is to trade him which is unlikely with his salary

That makes no sense. If we trade him or cut him this offseason, no matter what owe 6 million more for his signing bonus against those caps. If we get rid of him this season, we save his 11 million dollar salary this season and his 12 million salary next season...this totals 23 million in savings. If we keep him this season, all we save is his next year’s salary of 12 million.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. If we trade him or cut him this offseason, no matter what owe 6 million more for his signing bonus against those caps. If we get rid of him this season, we save his 11 million dollar salary this season and his 12 million salary next season...this totals 23 million in savings. If we keep him this season, all we save is his next year’s salary of 12 million.
No only through a trade and no one takes that salary

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Thats a lot of cash.

Its a good thing our free agency safety signings have ALWAYS worked out!

Paging Adam Archeletta and Mark Cartier...

Actually the Swearinger signing was one of the best FA moves in recent history for the Redskins. Too bad the guy just didn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree, never saw an NCAA championship defense win a SB. I think the D is a lot closer than the offense but I still think this is an overpay and I am getting a little worried about this preoccupation with Alabama.

Why? It is not as if they make it a goal to sign Alabama players - they just happen to have a lot from that school. Did you honestly believe that they signed guys like Allen, Payne & Foster since they went to Bama? No f'ing way.

If a by product is that this guys come from a winning culture that is simply a bonus. I would love to have 20 Allens, Paynes & Collins in the locker room.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The contract details keep coming out . At first I said “ too expensive “ I was wrong . Not a bad deal but 3 years we have to make this work

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing DJ? More like the idiots in charge got butt hurt that he spoke his mind ( and truth) and got released. However, extremely please they got this baller. Just gotta hope we get a slice of Guice this year now too.
You can’t do that in public , private fine but not in public . If his coach dressed him down in public that wouldn’t go over well

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t do that in public , private fine but not in public . If his coach dressed him down in public that wouldn’t go over well

Yep & just like with any job - the player knows the implication of acting in this manner (whether we view this as rt or wrong). I have no doubt that Swearinger knew the risk of continually airing this out in public. I disagree with a lot of things with the leadership of this team but don't really have a problem with how they responded in this case.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep & just like with any job - the player knows the implication of acting in this manner (whether we view this as rt or wrong). I have no doubt that Swearinger knew the risk of continually airing this out in public. I disagree with a lot of things with the leadership of this team but don't really have a problem with how they responded in this case.

My question did we try to trade him first? Couldn’t we have gotten something for him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It is not as if they make it a goal to sign Alabama players - they just happen to have a lot from that school. Did you honestly believe that they signed guys like Allen, Payne & Foster since they went to Bama? No f'ing way.

If a by product is that this guys come from a winning culture that is simply a bonus. I would love to have 20 Allens, Paynes & Collins in the locker room.

If you don't think they are targeting Alabama players then you are naïve. Gibbs did it with Miami players during Gibbs II. Sure, I think it is great to get players from a winning program but a winning program in college is not the same as the NFL. If they get the right players than good for them. Do you support the moves the Redskin FO makes. I think you would be wise to question things.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think they are targeting Alabama players then you are naïve. Gibbs did it with Miami players during Gibbs II. Sure, I think it is great to get players from a winning program but a winning program in college is not the same as the NFL. If they get the right players than good for them. Do you support the moves the Redskin FO makes. I think you would be wise to question things.

I said this to my friend who is a Raiders fan who was pumped about the AB trade.

Good teams trading with bad teams. Steelers traded with Raiders and Cardinals.

Steelers/Pats have earned the benefit of the doubt. Skins/Cards/Raiders have also earned the instant skepticism

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question did we try to trade him first? Couldn’t we have gotten something for him.
Trade deadline passed and team wanted him gone I guess . I don’t have a good answer for that one at all

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, are you deleting post over one bad apple?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Archuleta 2.0

Dude is wildly overrated

Archuleta 2.0? I would say your post is "wildly overrated".

I didn't realize Adam had 3x Pro Bowler and First Team All Pro on his resume...wow, just wow with your BS comparison.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed feelings.

We got better so that's good. And the deal isn't debilitating.

But how much is a safety who's better in the box than in coverage worth?

Then again he is still young and proven.