• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins sign Landon Collins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that Collins will have the same latitude he's had with the NYG's to make plays. Hopefully, they use him well, but that is not a given.
we have a new DB coach so perhaps he will

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff dad. First look though, I thought it was looking at Adam Archuleta highlights posted by @Skins2021.

But, I was wrong...it was Collins aka Adam Archuleta 2.0 per @Skins2021.
There will be bad plays coming out too but its a good move overall

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a new DB coach so perhaps he will

Agreed, and hopefully we have yet to see the best of Collins. Unfortunately, I'm forced to be a skeptic because of a history of players who seemingly are at the top of their game when acquired who don't give us more than adequate. I don't think it's the players but an accepted culture. Hopefully, DB coaching change proves you to be correct. We will see!

BTW: If Preston Smith goes to Green Bay and kills it, there will be a lot of eyebrows raised.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts on TV/radio

Collins for NYG - pro bowler one of best safeties in league.

Collins for Washington - he can’t cover

Tired of hearing this BS-Glad he’s in DC

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experts on TV/radio

Collins for NYG - pro bowler one of best safeties in league.

Collins for Washington - he can’t cover

Tired of hearing this BS-Glad he’s in DC

Exactly

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and hopefully we have yet to see the best of Collins. Unfortunately, I'm forced to be a skeptic because of a history of players who seemingly are at the top of their game when acquired who don't give us more than adequate. I don't think it's the players but an accepted culture. Hopefully, DB coaching change proves you to be correct. We will see!

BTW: If Preston Smith goes to Green Bay and kills it, there will be a lot of eyebrows raised.

I truly believe that by having so many Bama players on D that the culture will change possibly significantly. You have already seen that players like Allen & Payne are no nonsense (they just need to step it up so that they play effectively thru 16 games) & I believe other Bama players have a similar mindset.

In terms of P. Smith - not really. Some players just play better in a different environment. IMO he just showed that over the last several years he really didn't prove to be someone where the Skins should throw a huge contract his way. I wish him the best - we need to worry about the players who still wear the burgundy and gold.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As there should be. There is no question that Smith has the physical talent to be a very good player. The question is why did he not perform here at a consistently high level? Was it him or was it the way he was used/developed? My guess is probably some of both.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As there should be. There is no question that Smith has the physical talent to be a very good player. The question is why did he not perform here at a consistently high level? Was it him or was it the way he was used/developed? My guess is probably some of both.

I agree with you. Also - it was never a question of talent for Smith. It was more about his discipline (or lack thereof). He was repeatedly shown to be out of position on numerous plays & this helped result in lots of big plays that went against the defense. Football is not a sport where talent alone is enough (like in the NBA). If one player on D doesn't play as instructed it can be a disaster. When several players go off script it can be a prolonged problem.

Perhaps a change of scenery will open Smith's eyes. However I am also with you in terms of the Skins coaches. Barring a miracle they will likely need a new defensive coaching staff after this season. I hope that I am wrong - we will see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe that by having so many Bama players on D that the culture will change possibly significantly. You have already seen that players like Allen & Payne are no nonsense (they just need to step it up so that they play effectively thru 16 games) & I believe other Bama players have a similar mindset.

In terms of P. Smith - not really. Some players just play better in a different environment. IMO he just showed that over the last several years he really didn't prove to be someone where the Skins should throw a huge contract his way. I wish him the best - we need to worry about the players who still wear the burgundy and gold.

I'm with you on almost all of this, my point has been and remains, the culture here that to date doesn't bring out the very best in players but pays them as if that was true.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!!

Again - if I have a player like P. Smith & he is told to stay in his lane and not full out rush the QB on every play yet he freelances & does the opposite - that is not on the coach. The only option the coach really has at the pt is to bench the player at times & the Skins did that on occasion with Smith.

We have seen that to a more extreme degree in the past with players like Fat Al & Bruce Smith (one of my least favorite Redskins). P. Smith is not as bad as them, but he does have some selfish tendencies. Again - he may learn from this experience & become much more of a team player in GB.