• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins 2017 Draft Thread

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping for Obi because I doubt Cook is there.
Obi is really hard to grade.
Wishlist for 49

1. J. Mixon RB Oklahoma
2. D. Cook RB Florida St.
3. T. Williams OLB Alabama
4. C. Brantley NT Florida
5. M. McDowell DT Michigan St.
6. F. Lamp G W. Kentucky
7. Z. Cunningham MLB Northwestern
8. R. McMillan MLB Ohio St.
9. Q. Wilson CB Florida
10. O. Melifonwu FS UCONN
11. M. Mack RB USF
12. A. Kamara RB Tennessee
13. D. Foreman RB Texas
That's a good list and shows there's going to be someone good available for the Skins. After Mixon, Brantley would be my choice, because his presence would make everyone else better and allow them to use Allen more as a play-maker. Williams would be a super-solid pick - getting bested at everything by TJ Watt at the combine hurt his stock probably more than it should have. I also like Quincy Wilson as the best CB still available. He's an SM kind of player.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we get brantely and already got allen i will be like:hammer::nutswing:then:hardy:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so i seen on espn bottomline just now 9ers traded a 3rd round pick and a 7rd pick .. so the skins got out bid by that so i guess for the skins to do that maybe a 3rd round pick and a 6 rd pick yeah that would have sucked

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brian's a bit slow on that one. It's been pretty obvious that Jones isn't in the Skins plans at RB. Jones' presence or lack thereof wasn't going to effect who they pick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brian's a bit slow on that one. It's been pretty obvious that Jones isn't in the Skins plans at RB. Jones' presence or lack thereof wasn't going to effect who they pick.
Possible, i haven't been following the minutiae of the draft this year at all. Trying to catch up now..

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys if we can get brantly in 2rd man a total defenseline nightmare for years to come if they stay healthy of course man o man

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2 best dlineman to the skins fucked im pumped up if this happens

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obi is really hard to grade.

That's a good list and shows there's going to be someone good available for the Skins. After Mixon, Brantley would be my choice, because his presence would make everyone else better and allow them to use Allen more as a play-maker. Williams would be a super-solid pick - getting bested at everything by TJ Watt at the combine hurt his stock probably more than it should have. I also like Quincy Wilson as the best CB still available. He's an SM kind of player.

If I told we could get Mixon or Cook, but we would have to trade into the top three of the 2nd round to get one, would you do it? According to the value chart it would take our 2nd @49, both our 4th rounders, and our 5th.

I know, that's a lot, but leaving Philly with Allen and either Mixon or Cook in tow, puts us right there with the 49ers and Browns as the winners of the draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I told we could get Mixon or Cook, but we would have to trade into the top three of the 2nd round to get one, would you do it? According to the value chart it would take our 2nd @49, both our 4th rounders, and our 5th.

I know, that's a lot, but leaving Philly with Allen and either Mixon or Cook in tow, puts us right there with the 49ers and Browns as the winners of the draft.

According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.

Source: USA Today
Apr 28 - 9:55 AM

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say no, but I'm pre-disposed against trading up. Chicago gave up more than that to trade up 1 spot, but that's why they're Chicago. I might be convinced to trade up 1 4th and the 5th, but I'm not going to give up more than that. Honestly, I'm more inclined to wait and see who falls to us in this situation.

Any thought about trading next year's first for a high second?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even close.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster will require a second shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

He's already in the midst of recovering from the first one following Alabama's season, and coach Nick Saban, speaking after last night's first round, expressed frustration with Foster's decision to not consult Dr. James Andrews, instead going to a different doctor. Another NFL exec thinks Foster could be a serious problem off the field outside of Alabama, where he had people to "hold his hand." He won't get that in the NFL. While the Foster pick at 31 for the 49ers has widely been praised, there are an excess of red flags that could make it backfire.

Source: USA Today
Apr 28 - 9:55 AM

Tons of red flags, but my money is still on him being a beast in the NFL. He was my guy, but I do take comfort in knowing Allen was a military brat, that most likely doesn't have a crew and the shoulder surgery he did have was before last year.