• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds VS Cardinals

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why you're on Thom for saying that. It's very accurate.

Dude, he starts in the first inning and never shuts up the entire freaking GAME! It's like he's trying to build a court case for the Cards and against the Reds. Just STFU already! Between Craig and Roidier and the hitting with RISP stats, he NEVER SHUTS UP!!! :gaah:

That is a bitter loss right there. Disgusting.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally fine with him calling them as he sees them. It's not like any of the pussy beat writers or Cincy sports writers (like Paul Doauhery - the worst sports writer with a job) will say anything questioning the club or Crustball.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team sucks against decent clubs, and embarrassing against the Cards. They should hear it every time they play.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that Thom has been a Reds fan most of his life. He is probably as frustrated with this team, as the rest of us.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown...just got home, read some posts, which roider are you telling to sit down? Maybe you should tell Votto to keep track of the outs, he could have had a force out at home, but thought there were two outs.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he starts in the first inning and never shuts up the entire freaking GAME! It's like he's trying to build a court case for the Cards and against the Reds. Just STFU already! Between Craig and Roidier and the hitting with RISP stats, he NEVER SHUTS UP!!! :gaah:

That is a bitter loss right there. Disgusting.
------------------------------------------

With all the testing and all the finger pointing, if Molina was juicing, wouldn't you think he would have been outted by now? You are a sad excuse of a baseball fan who can't just admire and enjoy the talent of someone who has worked his ass off to try and improve his offense. Show me a link, a newspaper article, an internet news story that Molina has been linked to or has been found being guilty of what you are accusing him of doing.....or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all the testing and all the finger pointing, if Molina was juicing, wouldn't you think he would have been outted by now? You are a sad excuse of a baseball fan who can't just admire and enjoy the talent of someone who has worked his ass off to try and improve his offense. Show me a link, a newspaper article, an internet news story that Molina has been linked to or has been found being guilty of what you are accusing him of doing.....or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

You SHUT THE FUCK UP. This isn't the Cardinals board, I'll say what I want.

Show me a catcher whose caught that many games over his career and bats .336 this late in the season at his age. Show me a before-n-after of Roidier from his rookie season where his head/jaw are shockingly smaller (like his buddy Buttjols). Roidier is either juicing or he's an alien.

You insinuate on the Reds board that Votto is jucing and then get all sanctimonious about a Cards player that most suspect?

jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird.gif

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Reds play the Cardinals is flat out depressing. This team folds like a lawn chair at Busch. Every time...

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much DUSTMOP had to do with this loss, but I can demonstrate facts on about 8 he has royally fucked up and another 10 times where he has made moves that were consistent with an 85 year old dementia patient. He sucks in every sense of the word. Just goddamn horrible. He has morphed this Reds team into the lazy piece of shit that he is. How this imbecile can keep a job is beyond me. The fans need to boycott the Reds with picket signs outside the stadium to FIRE this bum and get him the fuck out of here and take his worthless coaches with him (except Price). And to the naysayers, lets address them now because they will say "Oh he has the Reds in Playoff contention". These dumbasses haven't watched every Reds game for the last 3 years and seen the absolute mockery DustMop has made of this team. A good fundamental manager would have this team well into 1st place right now. A hitting Coach would have a better hitting team, a clutch hitting team. The fans of Cincy are getting ripped off with these clowns in charge of the most talent on a Reds team since the Big Red Machine of the 70's. So to the fans--pull your fuckin skirt up and shout it out : FIRE DUSTY BAKER NOW!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you swallow for the guy?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you swallow for the guy?

No, he's still waiting in line behind Joe Buck and Thom Brennaman.

It would take me all afternoon, but one of these days I'm going to put together a open-n-shut case against Roidier that leaves no doubt that he is, as his teammates in the past have accused him of and suffered the resulting roid rage violent attack, a cheater. A timeline with photo evidence will prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Like I said, Roidier either uses PEDs or he's an alien.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most players have or current used PEDs. Selig's boys didn't catch anyone in the Biogenesis deal except Braun, and they quick stepped into the loss of custody retraction ASAP. MLB doesn't have anything to gain by exposing PED users except when they have inconvenient contracts or unattractive PR issues. Ask Manny and A-Rod. They have to give the Feds a few sacrificial lambs, but they sure as Hell aren't testing them all.

As far as the Cardinals go, they've had a more consistently sound organization from top to bottom for the last decade or so than our Reds. It's why they've won more. Better attendance meets more payroll and staff. They also haven't had to re-invent themselves with a manager foreign to the "Cardinal way" or more to the point, win with a stubbornly singular minded guy like Dusty. The Reds made moves last year IMO, that were meant to provide the stuff to win THIS year- they traded much of THIER top farm prospects to get Broxton (allowing Chapman to be a SP), Marshall, Choo. etc. Ludwick was supposed to be a low risk spare part when they signed him, but his performance last year created possibly unrealistic expectations this year, and they paid him for those same expectations NEXT year too. Ditto with expectations on Frazier, less the salary.

Both Jocketty and Baker have made mistakes here...not least of all are not being on the same page with roles of players.

I'll be interested to see how things work this year, but more so how they handle the loss of Choo and Arroyo. I have doubts Cingrani can truly fill Arroyo's void, not so much as a SP and a lefty they desperately need in the rotation, but as far as a veteran presence is concerned. Dusty doesn't lead- he expects players to do that for him. There is NO equitable replacement for Choo, unless you buy into Dusty accomodating a player like Hamilton, whos skills are diametrically opposed to Dustys. Dusty also doesn't make many calls he could be blamed for- he prefers to give his hitters the "freedom" to hit homers and 2 out hits, but is reluctant to give direction to bunt, steal, or hit behind a runner. Dusty is always short on a few things- he always needs one more big bat, more fresh bullpen arms, and a 2 year contract.

You know what you get, and what you miss, with Dusty. Im pretty tired of it myself, but I don't make those calls.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more positive about winning tonight with Latos. It's the Reds best chance to win IMO. Not too optimistic tomorrow against Wainwright. Winning 1 game per series isn't going to get it done...and will beg the D-Backs to step over the Reds putrid corpse in the wildcard.

The Reds have even less focus lately than normal. Votto didn't know how many outs there were. Choo doesn't slide at the plate. Phillips is silent. Bruce is a whiffaholic again. The bullpen looks like they're walking to the gas chamber instead of the mound. Dusty's growing moss on his hat and his coaches are statues. In shocked pidgeons don't perch on them, other than they aren't usually out there long enough to draw pidgeons, I suppose. There may be vultures circling soon though.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/under on how many seconds after the first pitch Brennaman starts with the overt Cardinal knob-slobbing: 90 seconds.

"Chris, have I mentioned the Cardinals' batting average with RISP? Listen to this, you're not going to believe it. These numbers are unheard of in the history of the game. In fact, I might be wrong but I don't think the Reds, who have clearly been dominated by the Cards for decades now, have an RBI here at Busch all season long."

Dammit, I'm going to have to leave for an hour or so after about the 1st innings. :gaah:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a bitch! :frusty:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Maty's ERA over the first 3 IP of his career is? :gaah:

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds' lineup is a black hole with 2 out and RISP. I'd say that's probably the largest difference between the Cards and the Reds.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of fucking clowns we are................

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reds 3rd base coach is a moron

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fucking god this team must be trying to lose. This is just embarrassing. At least try and look like you still want to win...