• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Red Sox invade new rotation Rangers 6/24-6/26

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the best idea. Joe Maddon was good at that with the Rays when they were good.

Truth is, we have 3 guys; Fielder, Mazara and Profar that have no business in there against LHPs, maybe one of them, but not all 3 for sure.... based on the current makeup its usually been Fielder and Mazara in there

We have 3 catcher and 2 have killed LHPs so far this year, no reason why you couldn't DH Chirinos or Wilson in that scenario and save Holyday as the emergency catcher

We have pretty obvious lineup choices for RHPs too and its not being done there either

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush looked good the 1st inning, but not so much the 2nd inning, Diekman didn't look all that sharp (again) and got lucky after he threw a meatball to Ortiz

I'm just glad we didn't see Dyson at all this series

True. Need to see if we can get another 'everyday" arm in the BP so that we can make sure to limit these guys to 1 inning. That will help a lot if guys know they can go all out and don't need to hold anything back because this is the only inning they are needed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, we have 3 guys; Fielder, Mazara and Profar that have no business in there against LHPs, maybe one of them, but not all 3 for sure.... based on the current makeup its usually been Fielder and Mazara in there

We have 3 catcher and 2 have killed LHPs so far this year, no reason why you couldn't DH Chirinos or Wilson in that scenario and save Holyday as the emergency catcher

We have pretty obvious lineup choices for RHPs too and its not being done there either

I've always wondered why a switch hitter that is struggling from one side of the plate still goes up there and tries to hit from there. I know that you want to bat opposite the throwing arm, but considering how much better Profar hits as a lefty he should stick with that and go lefty-on-lefty. OPS as a righty is .450. OPS as a lefty is 1.099. I'd say forget the common sense and stay as a lefty no matter what side the pitcher throws from.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wondered why a switch hitter that is struggling from one side of the plate still goes up there and tries to hit from there. I know that you want to bat opposite the throwing arm, but considering how much better Profar hits as a lefty he should stick with that and go lefty-on-lefty. OPS as a righty is .450. OPS as a lefty is 1.099. I'd say forget the common sense and stay as a lefty no matter what side the pitcher throws from.

You do see that on occasion though

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Need to see if we can get another 'everyday" arm in the BP so that we can make sure to limit these guys to 1 inning. That will help a lot if guys know they can go all out and don't need to hold anything back because this is the only inning they are needed.

It would be nice if Tolleson once again became one of those reliable guys and Kela could come back running, that would reduce the need to go get a guy

Dyson, Diekman, Bush, Barnette, Tolleson and Kela

Come September (or before) there's the possibility of reinforcements like Connor Sadzeck, Yohander Mendez or Jose Leclerc between AA & AAA

Getting a guy is nice, but its always better if you don't have to get a guy, lack of desperation always seems to drive the price down

A lot of baseball left to be played before anything needs to be decided

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Tolleson once again became one of those reliable guys and Kela could come back running, that would reduce the need to go get a guy

Dyson, Diekman, Bush, Barnette, Tolleson and Kela

Come September (or before) there's the possibility of reinforcements like Connor Sadzeck, Yohander Mendez or Jose Leclerc between AA & AAA

Getting a guy is nice, but its always better if you don't have to get a guy, lack of desperation always seems to drive the price down

A lot of baseball left to be played before anything needs to be decided

The good news is that when it comes to mid-season BP acquisitions, in JD I trust. Off season BP acquisitions didn't pan out this year, but mid season he seems to get a lot out of those guys.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that when it comes to mid-season BP acquisitions, in JD I trust. Off season BP acquisitions didn't pan out this year, but mid season he seems to get a lot out of those guys.

Our off season guys were Barnette and Bush, I'd say those have worked out pretty well

Ramos isn't great but he's done what you would expect of a seldom used spot-starter/long-man

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our off season guys were Barnette and Bush, I'd say those have worked out pretty well

Ramos isn't great but he's done what you would expect of a seldom used spot-starter/long-man

I was thinking more of Tom Wilhelmson