• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red/Blue Scrimmage and Exhibition Games

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondae kinda looked like James Harden out there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvQIvVAcLs]Aaron Gordon Wins Dunk Contest - YouTube[/ame]

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flA1CNvs7i4]Arizona Basketball: Red Takes Annual Scrimmage, 44-38 - YouTube[/ame]

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Ashely go up against AG, Zeus go up against Ashley, and NJ and TJ go at it was not only an absolute blast to watch, but it really showed me how much they gain from practicing against each other. Our defense is so stellar that often practicing against our own defense will be better then the opponent's. I recognize that our shooting is probably our main weakness, but I think that some of that has to do with the fact that we are going up against our own defense. Should be interesting to see how much it irons out in the next month or so until Cal Poly.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, you know Jahii is totally shitting himself watching the highlights of the AG dunking and the scrimmage highlights!!!:lol:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, you know Jahii is totally shitting himself watching the highlights of the AG dunking and the scrimmage highlights!!!:lol:

Did you see Jahii and Shaq throw down? Not as good as AG but still............

Last edited by a moderator:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, and not one actual play of the game. Oh, and you were right, boy, they really packed 3,000 fans in there!!! It was shoulder to shoulder!!!!!

By the way, ASU played 40 minutes and AZ only played 24. In a 40 minute game, RHJ and Zeus would have each scored 30 points for their respective teams. I won't get into how Ashley, who had 14 pts and 12 rebs, or AG who had 12 pts, 13 rebs, 3 assists, and 2 steal, and what those would have looked like in 40 minutes instead of 24 or less.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, and not one actual play of the game. Oh, and you were right, boy, they really packed 3,000 fans in there!!! It was shoulder to shoulder!!!!!

By the way, ASU played 40 minutes and AZ only played 24. In a 40 minute game, RHJ and Zeus would have each scored 30 points for their respective teams. I won't get into how Ashley, who had 14 pts and 12 rebs, or AG who had 12 pts, 13 rebs, 3 assists, and 2 steal, and what those would have looked like in 40 minutes instead of 24 or less.

Just admit CTP you were wrong about Shaq. He can score and will be good in the Pac, just admit ASU has a chance to be pretty good this year. JUST ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong about Shaq??? I never made a claim about him to be right or wrong about. I've never watched him play, there is no reason for me to make a claim either way. I just don't think that there is a way to say how good (or bad) he will be until he starts to play. Forgive me, but playing against ASU and doing well doesn't sell me that he is a stud.

The same goes for ASU. I will say that ASU has a chance to be pretty good this year, because again, I haven't seen anything from them yet. So I can't say that they won't. But without seeing them play, I also can't say that they WILL be pretty good this year. There's always a chance, I would never put my foot in my mouth to say a team is garbage before I've seen them play.

Bottom line is: I want to see them play. I've always said that. I think they always have a chance to be good, until they show me otherwise. The same goes for the chance of the opposite. However, what I can say, and what I have said, is that I have not seen anything from them yet to say (like what I have seen from AZ, for instance) that they WILL - with certainty - be good. That is my point. They have a significant amount of players that have not played a single D1 game yet, let alone having played one with ASU. I certainly had reservations about AG, but to more extent RHJ, and I had to see for sure that they will done just fine. I still don't know what to think about Peters, because I haven't seen him play yet. But I have seen NJ, TJ, AG, RHJ, Zeus, Ashely, York, and Mayes play, and I have reason to believe that they will be good. I haven't seen ASU play together yet, so I can't say the same thing.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI- Stanley Johnson coming to Arizona is basically a done deal, he's just playing the recruiting process out right now and enjoying it. Winslow is looking pretty good as well, we are the strong favorites for him and I expect to see both of them at Arizona next year. Also, let's hope Zeus has a monster year, because if he leaves then Miles Turner likely comes to AZ, if not then he won't