• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re: The Downfall

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may have figured it out.

Yes, this is getting embarrassing as the season winds down, but a little something we needed to think about here, myself included:

Knowing full well that the bats have been crap lately, how would it look once a playoff spot was clinched? First game or two in, and we're already looking like idiots.

Perhaps it's better that the pitchers back out the way they have in order to avoid this embarrassment. Even though Felix may have mentioned "letting them down" after yesterday's game, I think it's more just going with this plan in order to save themselves from such a humiliation.

All in order to try and improve on things for another season. Or two. Or four...heck, we've already endured ONE decade of futility, why not another?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll we did extend Z. So another 4 years of crap is on the menu.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll we did extend Z. So another 4 years of crap is on the menu.

:gaah: it was a 4 year plan, then a 5 year plan, then he skipped a 6 and went said it takes 7 years to rebuild a farm system to where you see it at the big league level.

I guarantee somewhere in a spring training interview he will say something along the lines of "We are close and I hope the fans understand that, but it take about 8 years for fans to see it at the major league level. I hope the fans understand we are right there and on the verge on contending for the division"

Just over pay for Stanton where at least if they aren't in playoff contention next year it will be entertaining with his moon shots or the threat of. Even with Cano, every game I attended this season there wasn't one time when they were batting where I wasn't like crap I can't use the restroom, get food or a drink etc because fill in the blank is coming up to bat.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: it was a 4 year plan, then a 5 year plan, then he skipped a 6 and went said it takes 7 years to rebuild a farm system to where you see it at the big league level.

I guarantee somewhere in a spring training interview he will say something along the lines of "We are close and I hope the fans understand that, but it take about 8 years for fans to see it at the major league level. I hope the fans understand we are right there and on the verge on contending for the division"

Just over pay for Stanton where at least if they aren't in playoff contention next year it will be entertaining with his moon shots or the threat of. Even with Cano, every game I attended this season there wasn't one time when they were batting where I wasn't like crap I can't use the restroom, get food or a drink etc because fill in the blank is coming up to bat.

Well Walker pitching good the last few outings could help.