• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB chaos

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: Rivers and MJD on my bench last week, would have won had I started them...

let's keep 'er goin! Week 13, Tate takes a hit and a seat?

In now: Giovani Bernard (@SD), and MJD (@Cle)? ***does the Browns being my DST change your/my mind?

Or: Vereen (@Hou)? On one hand, SV is likely good for a 5 catch floor, but will he need 10 against the Texans?

Ivory (hurt?)
Ogbonnaya (fumbling his chance away)
Dennis Johnson (not there yet)
Ben Tate (is it just the ribs? or is he an NFL back up?)

p.s. I'm not benching Rivers for dumb rookies anymore! Still in 1st but it's now down to a one game lead.

Man, I love Vereen at Houston, but you know how it goes with the Pats. Still having a hard time believing MJD is back. They say Ivory has a high and low ankle sprain. For me, it would be between Vereen, MJD or Tate. SV would be so tempting...:whistle:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In now: Giovani Bernard (@SD), and MJD (@Cle)? ***does the Browns being my DST change your/my mind?

Or: Vereen (@Hou)? On one hand, SV is likely good for a 5 catch floor, but will he need 10 against the Texans?

Ivory (hurt?)

...apparently had a "good" practice yesterday? with a matchup so enticing, this is a very tough week to decide... anyone else have a nugget they'd like to share with me and maybe sway me one way?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...apparently had a "good" practice yesterday? with a matchup so enticing, this is a very tough week to decide... anyone else have a nugget they'd like to share with me and maybe sway me one way?

Jets have now listed Ivory as probable, if that helps. Dicey situation there.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley inactive? Vereen is starting to look better...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I am starting Vereen over Moreno, Vincent Jackson and Desean Jackson in my flex spot this week. With Ridley inactive, he is a lock for at least 12 touches in an offense that is really clicking. He is a safe option for 70+ yards with upside for 100 and a score.

I don't like the combination of injury + match-ups for those other guys and since I am already up 30 after Thursday, I need the safe play.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL -- of course I was out of town today, so I couldn't change Ivory out of my lineup... would have went with Vereen as well... but there's no way I was gonna start Tate, and of course he goes for a 30 burger!!! Oh well, at least Alshon put me over the top today!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A look ahead...(1st round bye, so week's 15 and 16 are my targets)

MJD - (Buf, Ten)
Vereen - (@Mia, @Bal)
Giovani - (@Pit, Min)
Ivory (@Car, Cle)

Don't like Ivory's matchups, so barring injuries, he'll be on the bench (even if he blows up this week against the Raiders), but it will be tough choosing two out of three with the others. Ten days for MJD to get ready with him playing tonight, and I like that he's home in his last two. It's probably gonna be a toss up between Vereen and Bernard, with me leaning toward Vereen, as Gio has had a long rookie season.

Any thoughts?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will MJD be alright, and what will "alright" be if/when he does play? I think Vereen has locked himself in as my RB1, with Gronk out he might get 30 targets! I'm still thinking the Law Firm has been poking his nose in there too much, for me to rely on Gio, but he's definitely over Ivory, if MJD is out. Question is, what does anyone think about Tate in Indy?

Reminder: start 2

1. Vereen (@Mia)
2. Bernard (@Pit)
3. MJD (vs Buf)
4. Tate (@Ind)
5. Ivory (@Car)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will MJD be alright, and what will "alright" be if/when he does play? I think Vereen has locked himself in as my RB1, with Gronk out he might get 30 targets! I'm still thinking the Law Firm has been poking his nose in there too much, for me to rely on Gio, but he's definitely over Ivory, if MJD is out. Question is, what does anyone think about Tate in Indy?

1. Vereen (@Mia)
2. Bernard (@Pit)
3. MJD (vs Buf)
4. Tate (@Ind)
5. Ivory (@Car)

Be careful with Vereen this week.

Yes, Gronk is out, but the Dolphins are much better against the run than they are against the pass. Unless they fall behind, their primary means of ball movement will likely be with the big backs. Vereen is good enough to start ahead of most in that crew, but I would not expect a big game this week and also be leary of a dud.

Week 16 against Baltimore however, Vereen is a must start regardless of what he does this week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Gronk is out, but the Dolphins are much better against the run than they are against the pass

I think you have that backwards my friend, and without Gronk, I'm not putting the Pats as playing with the lead so easily. I agree with your philosophy though, and we might see a lot of Blount and who knows, maybe lots of Ridley, but I think Vereen will be targeted in the passing game more than Edelman, and while I recognize the Dolphins solid secondary play, I'm not sure they have someone to cover SV... hey, I just thought of Vereen's nickname... SVU!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have that backwards my friend, and without Gronk, I'm not putting the Pats as playing with the lead so easily. I agree with your philosophy though, and we might see a lot of Blount and who knows, maybe lots of Ridley, but I think Vereen will be targeted in the passing game more than Edelman, and while I recognize the Dolphins solid secondary play, I'm not sure they have someone to cover SV... hey, I just thought of Vereen's nickname... SVU!

Yes, I did say that backwards which was hopefully obvious by my statement that Blount/Ridley/Bolden might be more involved.

I am benching Vereen this week in the league where I own him, but my bench is pretty disgusting. I will be benching Moreno also.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Vereen (@Mia)
2. Bernard (@Pit)
3. MJD (vs Buf)
4. Tate (@Ind)
5. Ivory (@Car)

moving MJD down and Tate up, so kind of down to three, but............

:gaah:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have known the guy I liked the most this week would be my worst choice! This one's on you tlance! Why didn't you force my hand in benching Vereen? ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have known the guy I liked the most this week would be my worst choice! This one's on you tlance! Why didn't you force my hand in benching Vereen? ;)

Sorry man. Can't say that I didn't warn you.

I have had surprising accuracy predicting duds from Belichek's mast valuable fantasy RB over the past 2 seasons. He is all about the match-ups and unless the defense does something extreme to take away a certain player, Belichek will always take what the defense gives.