• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking from 1-32 the NFL’s best teams at drafting

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson is far and away the worst Rams pick unless he turns his career around.

He's starting and playing every week. I expect him to be improved this year after his offseason OL camp with LeCharles Bentley (and hopefully consistent play next to him at LG).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's worst pick Christine Michael? LOL. He's back on the team and was actually playing VERY well towards the end of the season until Seattle WRONGLY started Lynch in the Panthers game. I think if they started Michael it would've been very different. It was basically the end of the 2nd round when they took him... not early-mid.

Seattle's worst pick was Moffitt who is now ENTIRELY out of the league and was crap to begin with, using a 3rd.

Always makes me chuckle on these articles. I swear the site says, "Go make an article on this." And some dork that is 30 lbs overweight scarfing down Panda Express sits at his computer just randomly searching sites/stats compiles a list while whacking off to Sex with Vegetables videos.

Couldn't agree more....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's starting and playing every week.
And this is.....good? The #2 overall pick has a draft value of 2600. Pead's draft value was 400. Greg Robinson was over 6 times more valuable than Pead. A snapshot of Greg Robinson last year from PFF during last season:

• According to the video-review grades done by Pro Football Focus, Robinson’s overall performance ranks 74th among 79 NFL offensive tackles this season.
  • In pass protection, only seven offensive tackles have a grade worse than Robinson’s.
  • In run blocking, PFF rates only 11 offensive tackles lower than Robinson.
  • Robinson has been flagged for nine holding penalties this season; seven were accepted. He’s been tagged with the most holding penalties in the league so far in 2015. As a rookie Robinson was penalized six times for holding; that makes 13 holds in 26 NFL games (22 starts.) No NFL offense lineman has drawn more holding penalties over the last two seasons.
  • In his 26 NFL games Robinson has been defeated for 10 sacks and committed 21 penalties for 180 yards.
Here’s something that puts Robinson’s 13 holding penalties under a glaring light: Orlando Pace had only ELEVEN holding penalties during his entire NFL career, which consisted of 169 regular-season games.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers have had a good run of drafting, Newton and Kuechly are great players, not sure they should be #1 though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do know, not even new Yorkers value the New York Post as a good newspaper...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly sure as to the usefulness of this list since several teams have changed front offices during this time which can have a dramatic effect for better or worse moving forward. Also - some of the more successful teams are already loaded w/ talent & have lower picks & not as much of a need to draft great players (but may pick key role players). As a result they will be lower on this list.

Agree with a previous poster about Newton. Great year last season but in the previous years his passing stats were so-so & the Panthers had mixed success during that time. You could certainly make at least an argument that players from his own draft - Miller, J. Jones & Watt - were better picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could certainly make at least an argument that players from his own draft - Miller, J. Jones & Watt - were better picks.
I think if I was ranking the picks from that year, I'd rank them:

1) Richard Sherman in rd5. Perennial top 3 CB in rd5 is silly value. Already helped team win 1 super bowl and go to another.
2) JJ Watt at 11
3) Von Miller at 2. He was projected in the teens until the last couple of weeks
4) Tyron Smith at 9. Also rose a lot late in the draft
5) Cam Newton at 1. Seems obvious but a lot of people thought he would fail
6) Chris Harris UDFA
7) Justin Houston in rd3. Would be higher if not for injuries
8) Doug Baldwin UDFA
9) Jason Kelce in rd6.
10) Jurrell Casey in rd3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have had more high round picks than any other team over the past 5 years and what have they go out of it? Aaron Donald and..? Probably around No. 10 for me.

Um Todd Gurley, and you know Tavon has become a dynamic playmaker, right. He had ten touchdowns last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is.....good? The #2 overall pick has a draft value of 2600. Pead's draft value was 400. Greg Robinson was over 6 times more valuable than Pead. A snapshot of Greg Robinson last year from PFF during last season:

• According to the video-review grades done by Pro Football Focus, Robinson’s overall performance ranks 74th among 79 NFL offensive tackles this season.
  • In pass protection, only seven offensive tackles have a grade worse than Robinson’s.
  • In run blocking, PFF rates only 11 offensive tackles lower than Robinson.
  • Robinson has been flagged for nine holding penalties this season; seven were accepted. He’s been tagged with the most holding penalties in the league so far in 2015. As a rookie Robinson was penalized six times for holding; that makes 13 holds in 26 NFL games (22 starts.) No NFL offense lineman has drawn more holding penalties over the last two seasons.
  • In his 26 NFL games Robinson has been defeated for 10 sacks and committed 21 penalties for 180 yards.
Here’s something that puts Robinson’s 13 holding penalties under a glaring light: Orlando Pace had only ELEVEN holding penalties during his entire NFL career, which consisted of 169 regular-season games.

Nobody is saying he's Orlando Pace. None of what you posted means he can't improve. When drafted, they knew he was a project coming out of a predominantly power run offense. He's committed to improve, and should show solid progress this year. If not, then he's "bustish" and moved inside to LG. Bare minimum, he's a road grader at G.

Drafting a guy as a project at #2 is stupid, but so is judging him too soon against a HOFer knowing that he is a work in progress.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Todd Gurley, and you know Tavon has become a dynamic playmaker, right. He had ten touchdowns last year.

Sure. But we are talking about the best drafting teams. So sure we can add Gurley. Heck lets add Austin as well.

So what are the non-top 15 picks in the draft that the Rams have done well will?

Janoris Jenkins? Alec Ogeltree?

The Rams have had 7 1st round draft picks in the past 5 years. They've done reasonably well with them. After that it gets ugly quick.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree was leading the NFL in tackles when he got hurt last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. So let's chalk Ogeltree up as a positive draft, albeit another 1st rounder.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I was ranking the picks from that year, I'd rank them:

1) Richard Sherman in rd5. Perennial top 3 CB in rd5 is silly value. Already helped team win 1 super bowl and go to another.
2) JJ Watt at 11
3) Von Miller at 2. He was projected in the teens until the last couple of weeks
4) Tyron Smith at 9. Also rose a lot late in the draft
5) Cam Newton at 1. Seems obvious but a lot of people thought he would fail
6) Chris Harris UDFA
7) Justin Houston in rd3. Would be higher if not for injuries
8) Doug Baldwin UDFA
9) Jason Kelce in rd6.
10) Jurrell Casey in rd3

Huh? You don't have Julio Jones in the top ten? The guy is one of the best WRs in the NFL. Also - I would think that Robert Quinn should also break the top 10. AJ Green & Patrick Peterson also warrant consideration.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. So let's chalk Ogeltree up as a positive draft, albeit another 1st rounder.

As far as non first rounders go...

Jenkins and Tru Johnson turned in good corners, Gaines also had a good rookie year but got hurt last year.

Havenstein was a good RT tackle last year his rookie season, he allowed no sacks.

So some corners, and a tackle is decent.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? You don't have Julio Jones in the top ten? The guy is one of the best WRs in the NFL. Also - I would think that Robert Quinn should also break the top 10. AJ Green & Patrick Peterson also warrant consideration.

Definitely, Quinn was an All Pro

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty amazing draft but you might be right about the guys you are listing off but any GM could've made those picks. Or possibly any NFL fan off the street.

I might be underrating the Julio Jones trade, though. I just felt like the fact that they gave up so much for him made that draft pick less impressive than GMs who had special insight on special players.

That was an excellent draft.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty amazing draft but you might be right about the guys you are listing off but any GM could've made those picks. Or possibly any NFL fan off the street.

I might be underrating the Julio Jones trade, though. I just felt like the fact that they gave up so much for him made that draft pick less impressive than GMs who had special insight on special players.

That was an excellent draft.

2011 NFL draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the best ever. 12 of the top 16 picks have become pro bowlers (& several are potential HOFers). The four that were not pro bowlers are Fairley & three QBs who were mostly disappointments (Locker, Ponder & Gabbert).

As you alluded to earlier - there were also several other late rounders who were steals and pro bowlers topped by the selection of Sherman.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's worst pick Christine Michael? LOL. He's back on the team and was actually playing VERY well towards the end of the season until Seattle WRONGLY started Lynch in the Panthers game. I think if they started Michael it would've been very different. It was basically the end of the 2nd round when they took him... not early-mid.

Seattle's worst pick was Moffitt who is now ENTIRELY out of the league and was crap to begin with, using a 3rd.

Always makes me chuckle on these articles. I swear the site says, "Go make an article on this." And some dork that is 30 lbs overweight scarfing down Panda Express sits at his computer just randomly searching sites/stats compiles a list while whacking off to Sex with Vegetables videos.
so Christian Michael had 1/2 of an ok game