• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1, 2016 3:22 pm
Rangers' Shawn Tolleson: Will be activated Friday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Tolleson will be activated from the emergency medical leave list Friday, Evan Grant of Dallas Morning News reports.

Tolleson is dealing with an illness in the family, and Juckson Profar was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in his place. The Rangers have yet to announce who will be involved in a corresponding move to make room on their roster for Tolleson, who lost his closing role and owns an abysmal 10.13 ERA and 2.00 WHIP

Shawn needs to be in RR upon his return to work on his change up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Yu Darvish: To be on 95-pitch limit
Darvish will be limited to 85-to-95 pitches in his next outing Friday against Seattle, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. "Right now, I don't know if I want to push him to 100. That 85-to-95 [window], and a lot of that is dependent on how he gets to that," said Rangers manager Jeff Banister on Wednesday.

The Rangers will continue to monitor Darvish's pitch counts out of the gate as he makes his second start of the season Friday against the Mariners. He threw 81 pitches in his debut Saturday after missing the 2015 campaign to recover from Tommy John surgery, fanning seven batters while only allowing one walk. It's difficult to pinpoint when the Rangers will let Darvish pitch without a strict limit, but as one of their more valuable assets, Darvish could be held to under 100 pitches for at least a couple more starts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Tolleson anywhere near that pen right now.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1, 2016 3:22 pm
Rangers' Shawn Tolleson: Will be activated Friday

Tolleson will be activated from the emergency medical leave list Friday, Evan Grant of Dallas Morning News reports.

Tolleson is dealing with an illness in the family, and Juckson Profar was recalled from Triple-A Round Rock in his place. The Rangers have yet to announce who will be involved in a corresponding move to make room on their roster for Tolleson, who lost his closing role and owns an abysmal 10.13 ERA and 2.00 WHIP

Shawn needs to be in RR upon his return to work on his change up
He sure does. I don't see why the organization can't see that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Cole Hamels: Allowed another homer in no-decision versus Cleveland
Hamels allowed three runs on six hits, including a homer, over seven innings in a no-decision against the Indians on Wednesday. He also struck out five and walked three.

The southpaw has tossed up nine bombs in his last five outings, which has helped give him an alarmingly high 1.69 HR/9 rate. However, that will more than likely come down, as he has an unsustainable 26.7 HR/FB ratio. And despite all the homers, Hamels is still 5-1 with a 3.39 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 72 strikeouts in 69 innings. He will look to keep the ball in the park during his next start on Tuesday versus the Astros.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Shin-Soo Choo: Heads to extended spring to resume rehab
Choo (hamstring) will head to extended spring training to continue his rehab this weekend, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Choo is expected to ramp up activities in extended spring, culminating with a five-inning stint in the outfield Monday, before heading to Triple-A Round Rock to official start his rehab assignment.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Jurickson Profar: Return to the minors expected
Profar will likely head to the minors to get regular at-bats once Rougned Odor is activated Saturday, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Texas manager Jeff Bannister indicated that Profar would need to play four games a week in order to remain sharp, a near impossible task with Odor and Elvis Andrus both healthy.

Maybe everyone doesnt have their head up their ass about roster moves and player development? Not sure who made this decision but it seems best

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Jurickson Profar: Return to the minors expected
Profar will likely head to the minors to get regular at-bats once Rougned Odor is activated Saturday, T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports.

Texas manager Jeff Bannister indicated that Profar would need to play four games a week in order to remain sharp, a near impossible task with Odor and Elvis Andrus both healthy.

Maybe everyone doesnt have their head up their ass about roster moves and player development? Not sure who made this decision but it seems best
I say let him DH. He will catch up to Fielder in HRs in no time and hit at least in the high 280's. I know he is hitting in the 300's but just trying to be reasonable. Regardless that would be 100 points higher than our current DH. Send Fielder and Tolleson down. Know it won't happen but just venting.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him DH. He will catch up to Fielder in HRs in no time and hit at least in the high 280's. I know he is hitting in the 300's but just trying to be reasonable. Regardless that would be 100 points higher than our current DH. Send Fielder and Tolleson down. Know it won't happen but just venting.

I think we're all in agreement that he would be better than Fielder but we all also know that he's not going anywhere

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew that the Rooster would be like wash? Except I think Wash was better at managing a bullpen.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all in agreement that he would be better than Fielder but we all also know that he's not going anywhere
We should also agree you're also right

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar needs reps in the field too. The whole point of this year is to get him back to full strength, defensively and offensively.
You all are not supposed to take me realistically. Like I said I was venting. As far as I am concerned they could rotate Andrus, Odor, Beltre and Profar as DH as Profar could play all those positions. In fact I think he is talented enough to add 1st base to it. But none of that is going to happen. We are going to be stuck with Prince and a 300 hitter is going back down to AAA.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am concerned they could rotate Andrus, Odor, Beltre and Profar as DH as Profar could play all those positions. In fact I think he is talented enough to add 1st base to it.

Well, I certainly don't take you realistically any more :suds: