• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lucroy option will be picked up regardless. I agree wit the reports that Rangers have a package deal but Brewers are still shopping him without another of their players involved.

Maybe we are the fallback

My guess is JD tole Milwaukee that if a deal for Lucroy gets done and it includes someone like Gallo we need a pitcher in return. They probably want to see if they can get a deal done for Lucroy alone.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is JD tole Milwaukee that if a deal for Lucroy gets done and it includes someone like Gallo we need a pitcher in return. They probably want to see if they can get a deal done for Lucroy alone.
Agreed. That is exactly my thought. Sentimentally which some likely disagree here, I don't mind sitting on Gallo and giving him a shot. Just bat him 8 or 9. Seems
like AAA won't help. The rationale part of me says move him if you get get good controllable pitching

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't heard taht. I heard him say it was because he wanted assurances they wouldn't pick up the option.

Which means he wants to be a rental and explore FA market this winter. The allure of Lucroy IS that additional year. However, from his perspective, he is a recent All Star, 30 years old and looking to land a long term contract. Yet we all know what happens to 32-33 year old catchers....they end up at 1B or DH.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cincinnati Reds looking to trade Jay Bruce before the deadline, it appears that the bidding for the 29-year-old outfielder's services is down to three teams.

✔@jcrasnick

#Mets, #SFGiants and #Rangers look like the last teams standing for #Reds Jay Bruce. Best offer wins.

• rumorcentral_16x9_203x114.pngJerry Crasnick's take: While the Mets are making a final run at Jay Bruce, the Giants' reported interest in the Reds' veteran left fielder appears to be overstated. A source said San Francisco is focused primarily on pitching at the deadline. With the exception of Tampa Bay'sMatt Moore, the Giants are looking primarily at bullpen upgrades.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means he wants to be a rental and explore FA market this winter. The allure of Lucroy IS that additional year. However, from his perspective, he is a recent All Star, 30 years old and looking to land a long term contract. Yet we all know what happens to 32-33 year old catchers....they end up at 1B or DH.

See post 1372.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such is the crux of extensions and long term deals, they rarely work out in the favor of player early on, and rarely work out in favor of the team later on.... Look at Michael young

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets “On The Verge” Of Completing Trade For Jay Bruce

By Steve Adams | August 1, 2016 at 11:32am CDT

11:32am: Outfield prospect Brandon Nimmo will be part of the package going to the Reds, reports Yahoo’s Tim Brown (on Twitter).

11:26am: The Mets are “on the verge” of completing a trade to acquire outfielder Jay Bruce, reports ESPN’s Buster Olney (on Twitter). This marks the second straight year in which the Reds have been linked to Bruce leading up to the deadline, although last year’s would-be deal never crossed the finish line, and the Mets eventually shifted their focus from the Reds and Bruce, coming away with a last-minute pickup out outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the Tigers.

Bruce likely off the table

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Evan_P_Grant
3m
If Lucroy package deal doesn't materialize, Rangers could return to Derek Norris as last-minute catching fallback: goo.gl/ixB0fo

No thank you

Agreed, Norris would be a trade for the sake of trading and I really don't think he is better than our current options.

edit: ha, I guess everyone else have already said this.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11:32am: Outfield prospect Brandon Nimmo will be part of the package going to the Reds, reports Yahoo’s Tim Brown (on Twitter).

11:26am: The Mets are “on the verge” of completing a trade to acquire outfielder Jay Bruce, reports ESPN’s Buster Olney (on Twitter). This marks the second straight year in which the Reds have been linked to Bruce leading up to the deadline, although last year’s would-be deal never crossed the finish line, and the Mets eventually shifted their focus from the Reds and Bruce, coming away with a last-minute pickup out outfielder Yoenis Cespedes from the Tigers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are hurting on offense.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • It seems that Joey Gallo is on the table for Lucroy, as we’ve heard suggested before, but only if there’s an arm included in the deal as well, per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (via Twitter). It’s not clear exactly what pitcher that might be, but certainly there are several relievers that could make sense, as Grant explains. The Brewers could be looking into whether a preferable deal is available involving only the backstop, Haudricourt suggests on Twitter.
Im ready for someone to tell us something we don't already know, and I want no part of Norris as a fallback. Im hoping thats just talk so the Brewers might think we have an alternative, though they should be able to see through that as well.

Let's get something done quick Jon, down to 3 hours left

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are hurting on offense.

They have like 3 injured pitchers as well, and they aren't going anywhere this season. Not sure why they were so interested in adding Bruce at this time

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest from Twitter verse:

Lucroy to the Rangers seems more likely than it did only a few hours ago.

Posted 2 mins ago.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have like 3 injured pitchers as well, and they aren't going anywhere this season. Not sure why they were so interested in adding Bruce at this time

They are 2 or 3 games from that coveted 2nd WC. Loads of games left against the Marlins and Nats. Guess they are trying to give themselves a chance. Harvey is the only pitcher that is out for the season. They still have Matz, Degrom, and Thor and Barfolo Colon. I believe Wheeler is not far off on his return.