• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has made some big impact last day trades when they were in contention though. I would expect him to make another move today if not some during the waiver period as well.
We do seem to be in much better shape this year compared to when he traded for Lee and Hamels. He very well might do so again, but he doesn't have to.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 and a half hours to go.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have a lot of company if you are jaded against him. I appear to be one of the only ones left that still has hopes for him. Most seem to have given up on him.

I have hope for him, but I'm not willing to make the assumption that our rotation issues are solved when he and Lewis come back. I trust Lewis this year, he was producing. But Holland wasn't doing that well. Maybe it was because he was hurt. I'll give him that benefit, but not thinking "wow when he comes back we are set at the #3 or #4". He's gotta show me. :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Brewers don't lower their price, I'm completely on board with skipping him. We don't need a high-priced (cost to get him that is), disgruntled guy in the clubhouse and trying to learn new pitchers.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Lucroy Rumors: Monday

By Tim Dierkes | August 1, 2016 at 9:27am CDT

Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy scuttled a trade to the Indians yesterday, but he’s still in play in advance of today’s trade deadline. Milwaukee has their Triple-A catcher Manny Pina up with the big league team in San Diego to prepare for a Lucroy trade, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Haudricourt further notes that Lucroy remained in Milwaukee last night, and will fly to San Diego in time for tonight’s game in the event he’s not traded. The latest:

• Texas and Milwaukee haven’t chatted since last night, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets. He suggests it is possible that the Astros and Tigers could get involved, though it’s not yet clear whether that’s the case.
  • The Rangers “keep plugging away on Lucroy,” tweets ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick. Crasnick, however, believes the Brewers may need to lower their expectations to get a deal done today. From Milwaukee’s perspective, though, that isn’t going to happen, per a Haudricourt tweet. The team would rather hold Lucroy for offseason trade market than sell him short of his value now, per the report. A lively game of chicken certainly seems to be set up for these teams today.
As usual

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers trade deadline update: Seven hours to go, waiting on Milwaukee | SportsDay

9:29 a.m. CT: According to Ken Rosenthal: the Rangers and Brewers have not had contact on Lucroy since last night. Rosenthal suggests that Houston and/or Detroit may now be in the mix.

I don't find this surprising. I get impression Rangers will not do Joey Gallo for Lucroy straight up (and I wouldn't either). They are only willing to talk about Gallo, I believe, in a larger deal for pitching. The Brewers are trying to maximize value and perhaps see that selling Lucroy and a reliever in separate deals might yield them more talent. And they are not anxious to move any of their starting pitching. So that's what that impasse appears to be related to.

9:21 a.m. CT: I'm hearing that the Rangers maintain contact with Cincinnati concerning OF Jay Bruce, but more as a fallback in event that nothing materializes that will bring them a starting pitcher and a hitter. Milwaukee with C Jonathan Lucroy, a trio of relievers and starters Junior Guerra, Zach Davis and Jimmy Nelson, remains a more attractive option to "move the needle."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Lefty Chris Sale hasn’t been discussed between the White Soxand Rangers for some time now, Jon Heyman of Fan Rag tweets. It’s hard to know just how long that is, but if the clubs are turning their focus elsewhere it likely means that nothing is being worked up at present. A deal involving Sale, after all, would be of enormous significance to both organizations. That being said, it may be that both sides know the other’s position and it’s all a matter of waiting to see if anyone bites.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Red Sox are now inquiring about Sale. Imagine that rotation in the post season.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Brewers don't lower their price, I'm completely on board with skipping him. We don't need a high-priced (cost to get him that is), disgruntled guy in the clubhouse and trying to learn new pitchers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a high-priced (cost to get him that is), disgruntled guy in the clubhouse and trying to learn new pitchers.

What makes you think he'd be "disgruntled?"

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done Deals

Sunday, July 31

• Baltimore announced it acquired LHP Wade Miley from Seattle in exchange for LHP Ariel Miranda
  • New York (AL) announced it acquired RHP Tyler Clippard from Arizona in exchange for RHP Vicente Campos
  • St. Louis announced it acquired LHP Zach Duke from Chicago (AL) in exchange for OF Charlie Tilson
  • Cleveland announced it acquired LHP Andrew Miller from New York (AL) in exchange for RHP J.P. Feyereisen, OF Clint Frazier, RHP Ben Heller and LHP Justus Sheffield
Saturday, July 30

• Washington acquires RHP Mark Melancon from Pittsburgh in exchange for LHPs Taylor Hearn and Felipe Rivero
  • Atlanta acquires OF Matt Kemp from San Diego in exchange for 3B Hector Olivera

• They left out the Rangers deal for Harrell and Alvarez.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he'd be "disgruntled?"

Because he veto'ed the CLE trade because he didn't want them to pick up his option year since he will be leaving so much money on the table. He wants a new deal at market value, understandably.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Red Sox and White Sox had some late-night talks pertaining to Sale, reports USA Today’s Bob Nightengale (on Twitter). Nightengale adds that if Sale is moved — and that is a huge “if,” it should be noted — the Red Sox and the Dodgers are likely destinations. Jon Paul Morosi said in appearance on the MLB Network this morning that he considers the Red Sox to be the likeliest destination for Sale, though a trade is very far from a sure thing.
  • FanRag’s Jon Heyman tweets that the Red Sox have indeed talked to the White Sox on Sale recently, but Chicago is seeking “at least” four young players from Boston, including “three of [their] best.”
  • Heyman wrote this morning that the Red Sox, Rangers and Dodgers are seen as three of the most likely landing spots in the event of a trade due to the strong farm systems and bulk of MLB-ready talent that each has to offer. However, he also tweeted earlier that the Rangers and White Sox haven’t spoken about Sale recently. Notably, the Rangers have been focused on other trade options, including Jonathan Lucroy.

Chris Sale Rumors: Monday

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he veto'ed the CLE trade because he didn't want them to pick up his option year since he will be leaving so much money on the table. He wants a new deal at market value, understandably.

So the Brewers wanted a package for a non rental, but Lucroy wants top be a FA at the end of the year for a contract he's already signed to,

Sounds like the Indians are the only ones being reasonable

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said it was because Cleveland would be asking him to play 1b/dh a lot.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Astros probably need OF help the most out of all those involved. I don't really have a good reason but I'm thinking he will probably land with the Indians.

JD is probably looking at him as a DH replacement for Prince