• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Return Home to Face Boston for Three Games September 18-20

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How do you sweep 4 on the road in Toronto and then get swept by a Cleveland team basically playing for nothing?

We've been terrible for about a month now with the exception of the Blue Jay series. I'm thinking that series was just an outlier and I expect we lose every series the rest of the way.
Yeah this series just about did me in. Extremely frustrating. Thought Bochy messed up in game 2 bringing in Leclerc during the 8th inning. By now he should have learned his lesson that Leclerc sucks in big pressure moments

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semien, Seager, Lowe, Garver, Jung. Grossman, Heim, Taveras and Carter

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you don't agree with what they do because they don't move the way you want
Well, that is a while different topic.

My question is about future moves and not me disagreeing with them on past moves. Why the abrupt shift in the topic?

You asked if I did not see it the way you do about what they will do. I simply answered and gave my reasoning. Why did that make you feel a need to tell me what my problem is?

I mean, if you think that is a problem, that's fine. I just didn't understand why you chose to take it in that direction in this discussion.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you don't agree with what they do because they don't move the way you want
It would be really odd to think something specific needed to be done and then when it doesn't be all hunky dory with the whole thing. That seems very wish washy. Like my opinion is only mine until the Rangers show they disagree. Have an opinion and stand by it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has surgery. Even then he won't be enough
Scherzer, Eovaldi, Dunning & Gray seems a good starting 4. It will interesting to see whom they use at 5. I imagine they will stick with Heaney simply because of the fact he’s getting starter money but by the all star break/trade deadline he will probably be gone and Bradford will be at 5

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are concerned with the BP we might consider the rotation as well.
DeGrom and Sherzer will not be available at the start. Bradford will have to prove himself if he starts. Heaney and Gray have not paned out. Eovalti and Montgomery are our best bet at this time and Mongomery isn't a sure extension.
What it comes down to is there will only be so much money to spend. If we have guys in the system to try in certain spots and none worth trying in other spots, we may have to hope for the best and fill the holes we cannot fill internally.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer, Eovaldi, Dunning & Gray seems a good starting 4. It will interesting to see whom they use at 5. I imagine they will stick with Heaney simply because of the fact he’s getting starter money but by the all star break/trade deadline he will probably be gone and Bradford will be at 5
Gray has not been good. Scherzer is still a concern and Eovaldi is not for sure now. Will have to see how he pans out in next few starts. Forgot about Dunning. Heaney will be a problem money or not.Hope we do not count on him next year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it comes down to is there will only be so much money to spend. If we have guys in the system to try in certain spots and none worth trying in other spots, we may have to hope for the best and fill the holes we cannot fill internally.
I agree but what comes first chicken or the egg?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but what comes first chicken or the egg?
If they have $75-100 to spend then multiple position groups can be fixed. If they have $30-40 then you have to fill the biggest holes that you don't have hope for within the organization.

Right now we have the following for the rotation:

Scherzer
Eovaldi
Gray
Bradford
Dunning
Heaney

As much as we have had problems with some of those guys, the problems we have with in-house guys for the bullpen is three times worse. The same can be said for internal DH candidates.

That's why I think they should spend on the top 5 slots for the pen, or make a trade, then if money is left you see if you can upgrade somewhere else. The problem is, if they get quality 8th and 9th innings guys as well as other good bullpen pieces, there most likely won't be any money left. In fact, I am not sure they can afford even 4 bullpen pieces.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is obvious mistake made by FO not getting a legit closer.
But the team has made obvious strides in the past two years and IMO have us a little rhetoric to compete for a championship this year
Anything is possible but injuries and flaws in the pen and in the SP depth makes it a longshot

But the future looks bright and it is easy to point out the deficiencies Vs the progress

Wa talking to a friend who thinks the team has just ran out of gas. Tough stretch with no days off

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am concerned with
And I do think the price of relief pitching last year was a factor

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have $75-100 to spend then multiple position groups can be fixed. If they have $30-40 then you have to fill the biggest holes that you don't have hope for within the organization.

Right now we have the following for the rotation:

Scherzer
Eovaldi
Gray
Bradford
Dunning
Heaney

As much as we have had problems with some of those guys, the problems we have with in-house guys for the bullpen is three times worse. The same can be said for internal DH candidates.

That's why I think they should spend on the top 5 slots for the pen, or make a trade, then if money is left you see if you can upgrade somewhere else. The problem is, if they get quality 8th and 9th innings guys as well as other good bullpen pieces, there most likely won't be any money left. In fact, I am not sure they can afford even 4 bullpen pieces.
You need 2-3 winning BP pieces for the playoffs if you don’t overwork them

Have to walk before you run

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am concerned with
And I do think the price of relief pitching last year was a factor
You have to pay the price unless you want to semi-tank.

They spent a lot of money last year. They could have spent it differently.