• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Return Home to Face Boston for Three Games September 18-20

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, will the offense show up this series or not?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Duffy finishes the season in Frisco with an inning where he threw nine pitches and got three strikeouts.

I really don't understand how Ian Kennedy got a shot up here, and Duffy never did.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Duffy finishes the season in Frisco with an inning where he threw nine pitches and got three strikeouts.

I really don't understand how Ian Kennedy got a shot up here, and Duffy never did.
Still time

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lot of things not understood this year.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you sweep 4 on the road in Toronto and then get swept by a Cleveland team basically playing for nothing?

We've been terrible for about a month now with the exception of the Blue Jay series. I'm thinking that series was just an outlier and I expect we lose every series the rest of the way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something must have went very wrong in the clubhouse.

It appears, like the players have quit, except on rare occasions. I did say "it appears," because I have no way of knowing. I remember when they said guys had quit on Banny, but there was never this much of an indication that they had. Maybe the indication that they are giving is really due to something else, but what on earth could it be.

I cannot say that Bochy should be fired, but many managers have been fired for a much lesser collapse.

It could be that the continual giving away of games by the bullpen just caused everyone to lose heart. I just know, I have never seen anything like it.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something must have went very wrong in the clubhouse.

It appears, like the players have quit, except on rare occasions. I did say "it appears," because I have no way of knowing. I remember when they said guys had quit on Banny, but there was never this much of an indication that they had. Maybe the indication that they are giving is really due to something else, but what on earth could it be.

I cannot say that Bochy should be fired, but many managers have been fired for a much lesser collapse.

It could be that the continual giving away of games by the bullpen just caused everyone to lose heart. I just know, I have never seen anything like it.
My take is once the Astros cremated them they gave up on winning the division. They took care of Toronto and probably had an emotional letdown in Cleveland and they may be looking ahead to Seattle meaning they could have trouble in this Red Sox series too.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Because Danny Duffy is a walk machine. 35 innings and 29 walks.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is once the Astros cremated them they gave up on winning the division. They took care of Toronto and probably had an emotional letdown in Cleveland and they may be looking ahead to Seattle meaning they could have trouble in this Red Sox series too.
I think it happened before that. They have had 2 or three outlier stretches, but they haven't been the same in several weeks.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it happened before that. They have had 2 or three outlier stretches, but they haven't been the same in several weeks.
Who really knows for sure but if one could put a finger on any one thing, the bull pen. Too much pressure to think they have to score x number of runs or we will lose.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Network is reporting that Jung could be activated for tonight’s game

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Network is reporting that Jung could be activated for tonight’s game
Yeah, that is what our local media has been saying for a few days, or at least that it was a very strong possibility.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the obvious necessity to fix the bullpen be more apparent to the Front Office if we miss the playoffs?

I wonder, if we make the third wildcard, if the thought of the FO will be , "mission accomplished. "

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the obvious necessity to fix the bullpen be more apparent to the Front Office if we miss the playoffs?

I wonder, if we make the third wildcard, if the thought of the FO will be , "mission accomplished. "
I think the FO is already considering what the offseason will look like and it already has bullpen as #1 thru # 8 in the pecking order

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st question is it should be. However they did not deem it necessary last year. They approached this year thinking a strong SRotation would be all that is necessary and it blew up in their face.
2nd question: I hope not!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the FO is already considering what the offseason will look like and it already has bullpen as #1 thru # 8 in the pecking order
Just curious, when it comes to the bullpen is this what you personally would do or what you believe the front office will do?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st question is it should be. However they did not deem it necessary last year. They approached this year thinking a strong SRotation would be all that is necessary and it blew up in their face.
2nd question: I hope not!
It is really hard to guess what they will think. I just wonder if the pen would be a higher priority if we missed out on the postseason. I think we will miss out on the postseason, so we will get a chance to see how that side of the coin plays out.