• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers motor into Detroit to rock the Tigers - 8/20 - 23

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure glad such a big deal was made about Greinke and Kershaw... JFC, stro's just swept those shitlords.

Rangers, Angels, M's and A's are gonna have to beat them

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we shut down an offense that was on fire in Detroit. Looks like we are going to have to shut down another hot offense in Toronto. Really surprised how badly they are beating up Richards. But really glad they are.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson ACL tear, out for the year it appears. Sucks for the Packers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Toronto is going to be coming to Arlington hot as hell.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees get the 'stros at home next, then the twins (who are heating up) get them at home. This is going to be one nerve-wracking week of baseball, and it's not even fucking September yet.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees get the 'stros at home next, then the twins (who are heating up) get them at home. This is going to be one nerve-wracking week of baseball, and it's not even fucking September yet.

Cannot get swept by the jays. That would kill us.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers, MLB take no issue with Mike Fiers' glove during no-hitter

Friday night. Astros right-hander Mike Fiers no-hit the Dodgers in his first career complete game (HOU 3, LAD 0). He threw 134 pitches in the historic performance.

At some point during the game, television cameras caught Fiers with what appears to be a foreign substance on the inside of his glove. Here's the image:

"I think if you talk about stuff like that, it seems like you're whining," said Dodgers manager Don Mattingly to reporters following the no-hitter. "I think a lot of guys use it. It's kind of accepted unless it's just blatantly obvious that somebody's doing it. I had no idea during the game; nobody said anything to us."

Apparently MLB has no problem with Fiers possibly having something on his glove as well:

"I mean, you can try to pick out a lot of things through a lot of games," said Fiers to reporters on Saturday "I don't know what they are talking about. It could be a different lighting or camera angle or a lot of things. I don't know."

If Fiers was using some kind of substance to improve his grip Friday, he's hardly alone. Pitchers all around the league use something to help their grip. It's one of those open secrets. Teams usually don't call opposing pitchers on it because their pitchers are doing it too.

USATSI_8760013.jpg
Did Mike Fiers have a foreign substance on his glove during his no-hitter? (USATSI)

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect them to win the AL

As long as MLB doesn't look into their blatantly obvious roiding, they likely will. Bautista, Donaldson, and Encarnacion are hitting HR at an unprecedented pace. Not a one of them was a true HR hitter before going to Toronto, now all of a sudden they're each on pace(over the last month) to hit 55 HR each.

If you go back and look at Toronto's game logs from the last 30-60 days and see how many HR they've hit, it becomes VERY hard to believe that it's just "hot hitting". They're scoring 10-15 runs per game and mostly through HR's.

I hope we throw at Donaldson's head every at-bat.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as MLB doesn't look into their blatantly obvious roiding, they likely will. Bautista, Donaldson, and Encarnacion are hitting HR at an unprecedented pace. Not a one of them was a true HR hitter before going to Toronto, now all of a sudden they're each on pace(over the last month) to hit 55 HR each.

If you go back and look at Toronto's game logs from the last 30-60 days and see how many HR they've hit, it becomes VERY hard to believe that it's just "hot hitting". They're scoring 10-15 runs per game and mostly through HR's.

I hope we throw at Donaldson's head every at-bat.

I don't know about the roiding because I have a hard time believing they would get away it for this long. I'm with you 100% on beaning Donaldson. He's my #1 most hated.