• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to Pacific Northwest for 4 05/28-05/31

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesn’t watch it, Guzman might take his spot.

Nevermind.... that would be a possibility if we were talking about almost any other team besides this one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a number of really bad ABs last night because of guys swinging from their heels. Gallo and Odor were definitely at the top of the list. Odor's big hit he actually went away from that approach and just went with the pitch and made contact. He kind of did that in one earlier AB with guys on 1st and 2nd with one out but hit into a DP to the 3rd baseman. In that case he swung at a ball high and outside. But DDJ looked absolutely terrible as well. If it was not for a complete meltdown between pitcher and catcher last night for Seattle that allowed us to take a 5-4 lead we may have wasted another bases loaded opportunity. Guzman on the other hand just tried to make contact with a nice, smooth swing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman has a higher slugging pct than Gallo. In fact he is behind only Andrus and Maz in that category and behind those two and Choo in OPS. Plus he is 5th in RBIs with anywhere between 50-90 less ABs than those ahead of him and he is hitting .289 with RISP. Not bad for a guy that took a while to get going.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something needs to be done with Gallo and Odor if the plan is to make them a part of a contending club. They are not even close at this point. Can't make excuses any longer. Both have had every opportunity to learn how to hit for an average mixed with an occasional home run. So far they have been long ball or nothing and that is not good management.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far they have been long ball or nothing and that is not good management.

I think it's always been a concern that the HR is all Gallo brought to the table. I don't know if his swing can achieve singles or doubles.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's always been a concern that the HR is all Gallo brought to the table. I don't know if his swing can achieve singles or doubles.

At a minimum they need to alter their 2 strike approach. But learning to go with the pitch is key to beat the shift which eats up most of their ground balls.

But still this is an epidemic throughout the league just more so with Rangers who are the worst in the majors in strikeouts. Just refreshing to see Guzman and IKF approach.

Some of the metrics are trusted IMO when they further flawed approaches IMO

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something needs to be done with Gallo and Odor if the plan is to make them a part of a contending club. They are not even close at this point. Can't make excuses any longer. Both have had every opportunity to learn how to hit for an average mixed with an occasional home run. So far they have been long ball or nothing and that is not good management.
Saw an interview with him the other day. They asked Jim about going the other way. His answer was my job is to hit homeruns. If that his is thinking and he hits right at .200 again, the Rangers should move on. Rather have IKF.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interview with him the other day. They asked Jim about going the other way. His answer was my job is to hit homeruns. If that his is thinking and he hits right at .200 again, the Rangers should move on. Rather have IKF.
problem is that's the attitude of Bannister, his hitting coach and a lot of fans too. he could do a lot more damage if he would start using the shift against the other team instead he continues to hit into the shift and striking out

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Jim? And while Odor does tick me off and I think his baseball IQ is nill he did go to LF twice last night. Now the DP to the 3rd baseman I think he was just late on the pitch and up until the game winning hit he looked terrible. Gallo, that is another story. But we might as well face it he will be here for a while. I will take IKF and Guzman's approach any day. And I am surprised no one is saying much about DDJ but he looks completely lost at the plate much of the time. I don't know what is going on with him as we need him and his speed.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Jim? And while Odor does tick me off and I think his baseball IQ is nill he did go to LF twice last night. Now the DP to the 3rd baseman I think he was just late on the pitch and up until the game winning hit he looked terrible. Gallo, that is another story. But we might as well face it he will be here for a while. I will take IKF and Guzman's approach any day. And I am surprised no one is saying much about DDJ but he looks completely lost at the plate much of the time. I don't know what is going on with him as we need him and his speed.

Pretty sure he meant him, not Jim.........Right on observations about all IMO.......And I'm becoming really alarmed with how lost DDJ looks, and has looked. It's been weeks since he looked like he was comfortable/confident with the bat.

Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed in Gallo, across the board. His approach at the plate, his refusal, no make that approach to either hit it to next weekend or nothing, and honestly, this team really needs him at 3rd right now when Beltre gets time off. With his recent relevation about hating 3rd has really put the team in an awful, at best situation. Even if he isn't the long term solution.

If Gallo is our LF moving forward, then what in the world do we do with Calhoun? And Guzman has shown, he can handle 1st just fine.

Lastly, for all you Choo haters. For about the last 3 weeks he's earned that pay check, and he is far and away our best offensive weapon right now. And it's not even close.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another part of the problem is the obsession with launch angles and exit velocities. who gives a shit.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he meant him, not Jim.........Right on observations about all IMO.......And I'm becoming really alarmed with how lost DDJ looks, and has looked. It's been weeks since he looked like he was comfortable/confident with the bat.

Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed in Gallo, across the board. His approach at the plate, his refusal, no make that approach to either hit it to next weekend or nothing, and honestly, this team really needs him at 3rd right now when Beltre gets time off. With his recent relevation about hating 3rd has really put the team in an awful, at best situation. Even if he isn't the long term solution.

If Gallo is our LF moving forward, then what in the world do we do with Calhoun? And Guzman has shown, he can handle 1st just fine.

Lastly, for all you Choo haters. For about the last 3 weeks he's earned that pay check, and he is far and away our best offensive weapon right now. And it's not even close.
Interesting you brought up Calhoun. Good question. Many want to talk about him needing to be at AAA to work on defense. You might as well send most of our team if that was the case. We will see when the trade deadline passes and we clear some spots that allows him to be on the team. I was thinking the other day with the monster season he had last season I hope we do not regret not using him.