• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Miller Is A Hack(re: Claude Giroux Article)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is beyond pathetic - anyone who would bother clicking that link and giving him page views is delusional

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. This statement alone shows he clearly doesn't watch the games:

"...Giroux never takes a shift off..."

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the jist of it? saw people ripping it on twitter last night too

I really try not to click on troll posts from reporters. Though, it results in me reading headlines and then commenters. I hate that the media (not just sports) thrives off controversy. It's really terrible for our society.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the jist of it? saw people ripping it on twitter last night too

I really try not to click on troll posts from reporters. Though, it results in me reading headlines and then commenters. I hate that the media (not just sports) thrives off controversy. It's really terrible for our society.

The jist of it is that every time things go wrong, the captain or leader gets ripped and it's the same stupid shit over and over again - it's as if the media has an unnecessary agenda on players

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jist of it is that every time things go wrong, the captain or leader gets ripped and it's the same stupid shit over and over again - it's as if the media has an unnecessary agenda on players

:rolleyes:.. typical.

I love Giroux as the captain. He hasn't had a great year, and he's definitely been prone to lapses. But blaming him for the shortcomings of this team is just refusing to accept the fact that this team is not a very good hockey team. He's a top 10 forward in this league and has captained this team to some absolutely ridiculous comebacks and late season charges to the playoffs. Has led them to almost complete dominance of one of the best teams of the decade (Pittsburgh).

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes:.. typical.

I love Giroux as the captain. He hasn't had a great year, and he's definitely been prone to lapses. But blaming him for the shortcomings of this team is just refusing to accept the fact that this team is not a very good hockey team. He's a top 10 forward in this league and has captained this team to some absolutely ridiculous comebacks and late season charges to the playoffs. Has led them to almost complete dominance of one of the best teams of the decade (Pittsburgh).

Agreed on all points

I'll take him as the captain over just about anyone in the league - nobody can say he doesn't play with his heart on his sleeve

This team just absolutely sucks after him and a few other players - no type of leadership or play is going to make this team any better - that's just the truth

The first step to making this team better is firing the guy who is impersonating a head coach, in Craig Berube

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all points

I'll take him as the captain over just about anyone in the league - nobody can say he doesn't play with his heart on his sleeve

This team just absolutely sucks after him and a few other players - no type of leadership or play is going to make this team any better - that's just the truth

The first step to making this team better is firing the guy who is impersonating a head coach, in Craig Berube

Agreed. Though I feel sorry for whoever takes over for Berube unless there's some fairly drastic changes to personnel this offseason. They're going to have an uphill battle in front of them.

(I'm pretty much assuming Berube gets fired April 12th. I just don't see how Hexy could keep him.)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Though I feel sorry for whoever takes over for Berube unless there's some fairly drastic changes to personnel this offseason. They're going to have an uphill battle in front of them.

(I'm pretty much assuming Berube gets fired April 12th. I just don't see how Hexy could keep him.)

I think coaches should want to come here because of the young d-men we have here - I think they can develop them pretty well and it would be a desirable place - the team needs more forward depth though, more impact players there

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think coaches should want to come here because of the young d-men we have here - I think they can develop them pretty well and it would be a desirable place - the team needs more forward depth though, more impact players there

gotta survive til the young'ns get here though :lol:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta survive til the young'ns get here though :lol:

I think one, maybe two will be in the lineup next season - and if the Flyers are smart and aggressive, they can get back in the thick of things

I'm hoping to god they move Mark Streit for a first round pick - that would give them three first round picks and lots of flexibility - there will be teams that get eliminated early in the playoffs and they will be wanting to make deals

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all points

I like Gee as the captain but going as far as to say you'd take him as captain over just about anyone in the league. Just pointing out some facts that captains don't usually do.
1- Mysterious golf injury in which everyone know that is a BS story
2- Getting arrested for slapping a police officer in the butt. Average citizen gets jail time for assaulting a PO
3- His 5 on 5 needs to be better.

I always thought Timmo was just as capable of being the captain of this team.

Go ahead Cobie fire away.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gee as the captain but going as far as to say you'd take him as captain over just about anyone in the league. Just pointing out some facts that captains don't usually do.
1- Mysterious golf injury in which everyone know that is a BS story
2- Getting arrested for slapping a police officer in the butt. Average citizen gets jail time for assaulting a PO
3- His 5 on 5 needs to be better.

I always thought Timmo was just as capable of being the captain of this team.

Go ahead Cobie fire away.

Remember when Steve Yzerman was criticized back in the day? He didn't have success earlier in his career because the team around him was not as good - it's the same thing here - it's not G's fault that they have literally no capable forwards after him, Jake and Simmer - it's also not his fault that the blueline reeks of complete incompetence and it's also not his fault that his head coach is dumber than a box of rocks and can't prepare his team for every game on a nightly basis

If Jonathan Toews was the captain of the Flyers, they would be in the same exact spot - there's no fucking talent on this team - they're a bunch of shitbums who have been stealing money this season and the previous GM has made it difficult on the current GM to turn this team into a contender quickly because of the dumb signings and the team being right up against the cap year after year

But yes, let's pile on G because it is totally his fault! Totally his fault! He can do no right! Let's trade him to a team that has way more talent and watch him rack up Stanley Cup rings, because it was his fault here!

This is the same reason Mike Richards got traded, because he constantly got disrespected when it wasn't his fault that the GM at the time thought they could win a Stanley Cup with ECHL-talented goaltenders - he got ripped off from at least one Stanley Cup because of the circus show of goaltenders the Flyers had in the Stanley Cup run

Let's blame G, because it's the cool thing to do!

People are a disgrace

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about if you tone it down a bit there, Cobie? You're a VERY knowledgeable fan and a great contributor, but you can sometimes be a bit unnecessarily harsh when people disagree with you. I get that you're passionate, and I'm not suggesting you lose that. But, if you want to be a leader yourself here or elsewhere, it would be helpful to show it more with your knowledge and less with hostility.

Appreciated. :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Journalism today is often lazy reporting run amuk. These people don't do extensive research anymore and if they can't find evidence to corroborate their stories, they make a host of things up ala Brian Williams. So, I don't much give them any conceivable attention unless I can research and find the evidence they didn't.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Journalism today is often lazy reporting run amuk. These people don't do extensive research anymore and if they can't find evidence to corroborate their stories, they make a host of things up ala Brian Williams. So, I don't much give them any conceivable attention unless I can research and find the evidence they didn't.

I'm actually more cynical than you RR. I think they actually do the research. And the research shows that people get super worked up over controversial reporting, ie Giroux is a bad captain, or Obama is a terrorist. Viewers get worked up, they tune in to view more of why Obama is a terrorist so they can get more worked up and it's a vicious cycle. Before you know it you have a whole band of loyal viewers that hang on every word, not because they like you, but because they're terrified and need to hear the "news". Loyal viewers = higher ratings, higher ratings = higher paying ads, more money = good. Therefore, they keep doing it, and do it with even more frequency. As a result you end up with a dumb viewership, which translates in to a dumb population.

I hate it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, awaz. The influence of the Benjamins is indisputable and does indeed contribute and drive the viscous cycle you have described. That and some of these media people are just complete putzes pulling down a paycheck. Worthless as tits on a bull.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well someone agrees with me

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if you want the genuine reality, ask a teammate. This reporter didn't even bother to talk to anybody. He just made the shit up based on his perception of a crappy team. That's what I have stated earlier. Rather than get the truth and find the corroborating evidence, these fools make this crap up just to meet a deadline and to push the ratings machine as awaz stated. And also because they are freakin' lazy. I have a sawed-off boat oar I'd like to introduce to the back of some of these wussies' heads.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if you want the genuine reality, ask a teammate. This reporter didn't even bother to talk to anybody. He just made the shit up based on his perception of a crappy team. That's what I have stated earlier. Rather than get the truth and find the corroborating evidence, these fools make this crap up just to meet a deadline and to push the ratings machine as awaz stated. And also because they are freakin' lazy. I have a sawed-off boat oar I'd like to introduce to the back of some of these wussies' heads.
RR this wouldn't work either because what teammate would bad mouth their captain while still having that captain of the team your playing on. If you ask a player on Philly do you really think he would say Gee is a bad captain? I personally think he is a good captain for this team but call some of his hijinx a little suspect of a true captain such as examples I have previously stated.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think the idiot article was worthy of abuse...there is a point here.
I don't think Giroux is a bad Captain, from what we can see. He doesn't take shifts off but he does not always back check with as much tenacity as he could. That said, he is one of the best 2 way centers in the league. The issues are beyond just him. The core of this team is flawed. Loosing Kimmo and Hartnel left veteran holes that Umberger is not capable of filling on or off the ice. And prior to the loss of them...the team was still not "right". Frankly the Core of this team has been off since the last couple of years of Richards/Carter.

I don't know what the answer is, but I was refreshed that Hextall wants to address it from the top down and pointed out that leadership is not about just G being the Captain.