• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most tradeable White Sox are Giolito and Anderson. I personally wouldn't pull the trigger on an Anderson trade, but he has two years on a contract on which he is underpaid, and he is one of the league's best hitters.

I would trade Giolito, he has one more year of arbitration and I think there is zero chance he will sign a new contract with the Sox in two years. Move him now, but two MLB ready pitching prospects in return.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most tradeable White Sox are Giolito and Anderson. I personally wouldn't pull the trigger on an Anderson trade, but he has two years on a contract on which he is underpaid, and he is one of the league's best hitters.

I would trade Giolito, he has one more year of arbitration and I think there is zero chance he will sign a new contract with the Sox in two years. Move him now, but two MLB ready pitching prospects in return.
Both are good suggestions, altho I'm with you in that unless some team offered us the moon, I'd be against trading Timmay. The one thing that might bring down his trade value a bit is his penchant for getting injured. Since 2018 he has not played in more than 123 games in a given season. Even in the shortened '20 covid campaign, he missed almost 20% of those games. But yes, when he's healthy and feeling his oats, he's one helluva player. I'm with you on Giolito, I don't see the Sox offering him any lengthy or sizable contract. Let's get some value while the gettin's good.

I have to continue throwing Gavin Sheets into the trade mix tho. For previously stated reasons of the lopsidedness of our roster, he'd make for a good trade candidate and would likely fetch either a quality veteran in some capacity or perhaps a couple of solid prospects. I like the kid, but he's definitely expendable.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Espada didn't get hired because he maybe wanted a coaching staff as large as the Astros and an Astro sized Analytics department (8 guys) instead of the two guys the Sox use.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Espada didn't get hired because he maybe wanted a coaching staff as large as the Astros and an Astro sized Analytics department (8 guys) instead of the two guys the Sox use.
Hmmm, good point. I had no idea the difference between the two clubs when it comes to analytics - cheap-ass us. What doesn't surprise me tho is perhaps the main reason for the non-hire is the possibility that Espada wanted to name his own staff, and I can't say as I blame him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, good point. I had no idea the difference between the two clubs when it comes to analytics - cheap-ass us. What doesn't surprise me tho is perhaps the main reason for the non-hire is the possibility that Espada wanted to name his own staff, and I can't say as I blame him.
The Astros also have two hitting coaches and separate, but equal - two pitching coaches.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros also have two hitting coaches and separate, but equal - two pitching coaches.
That's interesting. They really like giving their players every opportunity. Small wonder they're doing so well every year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting. They really like giving their players every opportunity. Small wonder they're doing so well every year.
And that's not counting the Cheating Coordinator.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not counting the Cheating Coordinator.
You know, that's what makes what they do so crazy. With all those analytics, with the doubling up on key coaches........why on earth did they feel they also had to cheat?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say Grifol says the right things - 'respect the uni - control the strike zone on both sides of the game - play hard every night and communicate.' Grifol even mentioned Sports Medical Science until Hahn quickly changed the subject.

Part of his looking good is due to having escaped the Ozzie threat.

There is still a battle to come on whether Daryl Boston survives the purge.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox don't need Liam Hendriks as much as the Dodgers or the Cards need him. I expect a trade coming.

I can see a scenario where the Sox resign Jose Abreu, but if they do, they should trade Vaughn.

I think free agent Wong is the right guy for the Sox 2nd base job. The Sox have already given Josh Harrison's jersey number to the new manager.

Jackie Bradley Jr. is the perfect free agent place holder in RF until Oscar Colas is ready.

Eloy needs to move to DH (communicate that Grifol) and someone like Andrew Benintendi should be signed for left field for defensive upgrade and power bat.

Time to take the rubber band off Uncle Jerry's wallet and bring Carlos Rodon back to the Sox.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox don't need Liam Hendriks as much as the Dodgers or the Cards need him. I expect a trade coming.

I can see a scenario where the Sox resign Jose Abreu, but if they do, they should trade Vaughn.

I think free agent Wong is the right guy for the Sox 2nd base job. The Sox have already given Josh Harrison's jersey number to the new manager.

Jackie Bradley Jr. is the perfect free agent place holder in RF until Oscar Colas is ready.

Eloy needs to move to DH (communicate that Grifol) and someone like Andrew Benintendi should be signed for left field for defensive upgrade and power bat.

Time to take the rubber band off Uncle Jerry's wallet and bring Carlos Rodon back to the Sox.
all of these (except the eloy thing) are terrible ideas.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with everything EXCEPT the idea of signing Abreu, then trading Vaughn. I could be wrong here, but with the possible exception of Cease, Vaughn might be our top ranked player and therefore least likely to be traded. As you guys know, I'm a huge Pito fan and hate the idea of losing him while he's still super productive. But not at the expense of losing Vaughn, unless of course some team makes an insane offer that would be stupid of Hahn to refuse, and I just don't see such a scenario. I also bolded the last line because I'm still ticked the Sox didn't offer him a QO to at least get an extra draft pick out of it. Would I love to see him back in a Sox uni again? In a friggin heartbeat.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything EXCEPT the idea of signing Abreu, then trading Vaughn. I could be wrong here, but with the possible exception of Cease, Vaughn might be our top ranked player and therefore least likely to be traded. As you guys know, I'm a huge Pito fan and hate the idea of losing him while he's still super productive. But not at the expense of losing Vaughn, unless of course some team makes an insane offer that would be stupid of Hahn to refuse, and I just don't see such a scenario. I also bolded the last line because I'm still ticked the Sox didn't offer him a QO to at least get an extra draft pick out of it. Would I love to see him back in a Sox uni again? In a friggin heartbeat.
I'm not suggestion that Vaughn be traded - just that it doesn't make sense to have both Vaughn and Pito any longer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Cease for his 2nd place finish in the Cy Young award. Imagine what he will be like when his walk rate goes down.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thankful the White Sox have basically learned how to man one position in the last 30 years - 1st base. Only 8 more to go.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Whitw Sox say they don't intend to trade Hendriks and are looking at internal options at 2nd base - I wonder the opposite. I wonder if such talk is a negotiating tactic. Two possible 2nd basemen who figure to be available by trade are Glaybar Torres of the Yankees and Jazz Chisum of the Marlins (now that Segura is a Marlin). Both Torres and Chisum would be good fits for the Sox as good D and helpful bats. I think the Sox want more for than 1 for 1 trade deals with either team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And soon will come the conclusion of Random Thoughts 2.2
And soon will come the beginning of Random Thoughts 2.3

Farewell Random Thoughts 2.2, we hardly knew ye.........