• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you forgotten who owns this team?

I mean…We’re stuck with Jerry until he croaks but that doesn’t absolve Hahn or mean we can’t make changes.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One drawback for change is there is zero chance a new manager is hired who can hire 100% of his own coaching staff. Kenny's roomie D. Boston will be there, and very likely Katz will be there.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you knew at the start of this season that vaughn was goin g to lead the sox in home runs and rbi's, how many would have thought at least 40 and 120?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you knew at the start of this season that vaughn was goin g to lead the sox in home runs and rbi's, how many would have thought at least 40 and 120?
6vupsw.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it is very curious that Jose Abreu chose not to play in the season ending game - and instead sat apart with his hoodie up for the game. It's like he already knows the Sox are not going to sign him for next year and wasn't going to give the team the opportunity to close out his career as a White Sox with a bow to the fans. It reminds me of a time when I got pushed out of a job unfairly - and refused to attend a company goodbye party thrown for me - like I was going to be a prop for management that was F'd up.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it is very curious that Jose Abreu chose not to play in the season ending game - and instead sat apart with his hoodie up for the game. It's like he already knows the Sox are not going to sign him for next year and wasn't going to give the team the opportunity to close out his career as a White Sox with a bow to the fans. It reminds me of a time when I got pushed out of a job unfairly - and refused to attend a company goodbye party thrown for me - like I was going to be a prop for management that was F'd up.
in other words you had a hissy fit!

and btw, abreu isn't that kind of man, which you SHOULD know by now.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the joy that Cleveland Spongebob guy had today.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox who will not be back:

Jose Abreu (he's just the best and most dedicated player) The Sox are leaking enough stuff so it shouldn't be a surprise.
Leuery Garcia - The Sox eat some dollars here - and end the La Russa era
Elvis Andrus - too costly
Cueto - gone for a better contract

White Sox who will improve their numbers in 23:

Andrew Vaughn - His 2nd year improved over his first (virtually no minor league work - 55 games) Being a regular 1st baseman will help.

Tim Anderson - Gets his personal/emotional life straightened out - and challenges for the BA title again.

Jimenez - Time for a Jimenez take over - stays healthy

Robert - He has to be better than last year

Gavin Sheets - I think he moves up to Andrew Vaughn type contribution from last season in 23

Giolito - dude wants it too bad not to figure out a better season than 22.

Cease - I think he has one more level up in him - cuts down on walks

Kopech - Better knee - a solid year as a starter - he moves up to #2 starter

White Sox stuck at bad levels:

Moncada - making too much to DFA - making too much to trade - unless a new manger lights a fire under is ass will stay semi-interested in playing

Grandal - too old - too broken - remains a .212 hitter with some power and a liability behind the plate

White Sox staying the same:

Pollock - average player can go hot and cold, but nice to have around.

Hendriks - not a knock on Hendriks - it would be hard to be better

Graveman - same as Hendriks

Zavala - he might have played over his head this season - I'd love for him to maintain his numbers

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Sox at least make a feeble attempt at signing Elvis. He was one of the few sparkplugs this team had from the moment he joined the team. Cueto might be one of those situations where he caught lightning in a bottle. Now he just might go out next year and have the same, maybe even better season. But something tells me he's gonna fall back. Just a hunch mind you.

As for Sheets, I personally like the kid a lot, but I still tend to see him as trade bait, but only if it's packaged to help land a proven vet. The thing is I still think even with Abreu's imminent departure that we have too many 1B/DH level players on the roster. I'd like to see that thinned out a bit. I'd also like for a change that our team is not always dead last in defense or close to it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo avoided Lynn...The biggest question mark of them all. LOL.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox stuck at bad levels:

Moncada - making too much to DFA - making too much to trade - unless a new manger lights a fire under is ass will stay semi-interested in playing

Grandal - too old - too broken - remains a .212 hitter with some power and a liability behind the plate
White Sox staying the same:

Oh yeah...These two ain't giving us sh*t. You can bet on it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo avoided Lynn...The biggest question mark of them all. LOL.
Can't say I agree with this. No doubt Lynn struggled early after returning from his injury. But as the season wore on, I thought he pretty much returned to his old self. I actually see him as one of the few non-question marks heading into '23.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu to the Cubs is out there on rumor.

That would be a f*cking cherry on top of this sh*t sundae.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu to the Cubs is out there on rumor.

That would be a f*cking cherry on top of this sh*t sundae.
Which is exactly why I know it will happen.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty crazy - credit to our guys like Robert for trying to do something similar, but man wouldn’t it be nice to have our talent consistently available.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors abound that the Sox have settled on Joe Espada as manager (even as they schedule Ozzie for an interview). I hope this is true because Espada brings a lot to the job:

He has coached the Puerto Rican nation team twice - also named manager of the year in the Puerto Rican league - giving him some solid grounding in the Hispanic nature od the roster.

He was the Special Assistant to the GM Cashman for the Yankees for several years.

Currently ending a long run with the Astros as the bench manager - giving him two winning organizations as his experience base.

His brother-in-law is the current Baltimore manager.

The last Astros bench coach went on to win the WS with the Red Sox - as a pedigree.

Best of all - he breaks the Sox pattern of hiring within.

I'm looking for a team that hustles are well-grounded in fundamentals and wise in situational baseball.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors abound that the Sox have settled on Joe Espada as manager (even as they schedule Ozzie for an interview). I hope this is true because Espada brings a lot to the job:

He has coached the Puerto Rican nation team twice - also named manager of the year in the Puerto Rican league - giving him some solid grounding in the Hispanic nature od the roster.

He was the Special Assistant to the GM Cashman for the Yankees for several years.

Currently ending a long run with the Astros as the bench manager - giving him two winning organizations as his experience base.

His brother-in-law is the current Baltimore manager.

The last Astros bench coach went on to win the WS with the Red Sox - as a pedigree.

Best of all - he breaks the Sox pattern of hiring within.

I'm looking for a team that hustles are well-grounded in fundamentals and wise in situational baseball.
hope springs eternal.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3