• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juaun Jennings is the most added player tonight in dynasty leagues. (5.8k)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Andy Reid, Kelce doesn't play another down in this Super Bowl and isn't on the team next year.

You think guys like Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson or Belichick woulda taken that shit?

8rec for 90yds in the 2nd half and another SB win....I think Reid will gladly take another toddler meltdown from Travis Swift if the results are the same

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juaun Jennings is the most added player tonight in dynasty leagues. (5.8k)
pretty sure he would've won MVP had the NIners pulled it out. Honestly think maybe he should've anyways, there is precedent for a losing team member getting MVP - Chuck Howley

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe the Chiefs found a way to win this year. It's just crazy. They were awful as recently as Christmas Day when they got beat by Aiden O'Connell and the Raiders. To think that they won 1 Super Bowl with Tyreek Hill, then let him walk and haven't had anybody even close to being as good as him at wide receiver and they have gone 2 for 2 since he left. I've never been a believer in teams just being able to "flip a switch" in the playoffs, but it was certainly true this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe the Chiefs found a way to win this year. It's just crazy. They were awful as recently as Christmas Day when they got beat by Aiden O'Connell and the Raiders. To think that they won 1 Super Bowl with Tyreek Hill, then let him walk and haven't had anybody even close to being as good as him at wide receiver and they have gone 2 for 2 since he left. I've never been a believer in teams just being able to "flip a switch" in the playoffs, but it was certainly true this year.

they rode that defense hard, kudos to Spags

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they rode that defense hard, kudos to Spags
They did, but the offense came alive in the post-season more than it had in the regular season too. They just kept finding a way and let the other teams make the mistakes in the big moments.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, but the offense came alive in the post-season more than it had in the regular season too. They just kept finding a way and let the other teams make the mistakes in the big moments.

punting it off a blocker's ankle never hurts either!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pulling for Shanny tonget his first, but i thought Purdy would crack under the pressure.... kudos that Purdy didnt look rattled at all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..21.8 pts per game vs 23.75 in the post season, ain't exactly a resurrection.

I don't think they can count on barely sneaking past Buffalo, the Ravens forgetting to show up (and still barely winning), and punts going off ankles again.

There will be some skill position additions, just a matter of who. I don't expect it'll be in the draft from the #32 spot. Trade, or a decent FA could easily do the trick. WR, RB, second TE?? I could see any or all happening

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno..21.8 pts per game vs 23.75 in the post season, ain't exactly a resurrection.

I don't think they can count on barely sneaking past Buffalo, the Ravens forgetting to show up (and still barely winning), and punts going off ankles again.

There will be some skill position additions, just a matter of who. I don't expect it'll be in the draft from the #32 spot. Trade, or a decent FA could easily do the trick. WR, RB, second TE?? I could see any or all happening
It wasn't about the PPG, it was about the feeling you had watching the games. At no point of the regular season did I feel confident that the Chiefs were going to score on any possession. In the Super Bowl I felt like it was inevitable that the Chiefs were going to score a touchdown to win in overtime after the 49ers kicked a field goal. I know this much, we made a bunch of justifications of how fluky it was that they won last year and it's happening again this year too, but regardless of how it happened either year, they are back to back Super Bowl champions and I'm not betting against them in the playoffs next year no matter what they look like in the regular season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't about the PPG, it was about the feeling you had watching the games. At no point of the regular season did I feel confident that the Chiefs were going to score on any possession. In the Super Bowl I felt like it was inevitable that the Chiefs were going to score a touchdown to win in overtime after the 49ers kicked a field goal. I know this much, we made a bunch of justifications of how fluky it was that they won last year and it's happening again this year too, but regardless of how it happened either year, they are back to back Super Bowl champions and I'm not betting against them in the playoffs next year no matter what they look like in the regular season.
I had that feeling only becuase I have little to no faith in Purdy making a play to win the game, and all sorts of faith in Mahommes to Kelce. Had they relied on CMAC more, especially in the second half, probably would've been a different story

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that feeling only becuase I have little to no faith in Purdy making a play to win the game, and all sorts of faith in Mahommes to Kelce. Had they relied on CMAC more, especially in the second half, probably would've been a different story
We were saying that at my house. The football guys that were here all were dumbfounded that McCaffery wasn't as much of a part of the game plan in the 2nd half. They found themselves in way too many 3rd and longs from going incomplete pass, then wide receiver screen for no gain on 1st and 2nd downs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Purdy left the field after a scoring drive with the lead 3x in the 2nd half, he def made some mistakes against one of the best pass defenses in the league, but he played a good game. 3rd quarter lack of CMC was F'd up, huge mistake by Shanahan, 28-3 vibes all over again.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I had no true favorite in the game, there probably wasn't anyone more surprised the Chiefs won than I. After the first half they were being badly outplayed up and down the line. But the more SF let them stay in the game the more I began to believe - this ain't over. The first half felt like it could've easily been 21+ to 3, but 10-3 left it as a coin-flip. Credit the Chiefs on playing lights-out defense, and finding just enough offense, coupled with the 49ers seemingly taking their foot off the gas. The CMAC usage in the 2nd half was especially confounding for a guy (Shanny) known for his run game.
As Bandit stated there seemed to be a lot of WR screens that just didn't work. Think you just have to bow to the coaching and guys who thrive in crunch-time on this one. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pulling for Shanny tonget his first, but i thought Purdy would crack under the pressure.... kudos that Purdy didnt look rattled at all.
Well, Joe I know the Chiefs defense had a lot to do with it but; of the SF big 3 pass-catchers (Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle) Purdy was 8-20 (40%) on the night (granted that's minus CMAC who was a perfect 8-8) - but it's just not good enough when battling Mahomes/Kelce/et al. ... you HAVE to make plays.