• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts @TREFF ? Probably an upgrade for Adams. ....
An NFC executive told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that Russell Wilson could be traded to the Raiders this offseason.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts @TREFF ? Probably an upgrade for Adams. ....
An NFC executive told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that Russell Wilson could be traded to the Raiders this offseason.
I think both Jeremy Fowler and the NFC exec are out of their collective minds. No one is trading for RW with that ridiculous contract first and foremost, not after the way he played the past 2-3 years. SO there's the exec, and Fowler for being dumb enough to think that's reportable 'news'.

Now, should RW get outright released, so the contract is null and void, maybe The Raiders kick the tires, but I doubt it. I don't see him, being great at improve, but horrid in the pocket/on schedule, being a great mesh with D. Adams, who is meticulous in routes, like down to the inch. Timing is a huge part of why Adam's is great and if the QB can't be counted on to be on time, it screws up everything. Sure Adams can be great adlibbing too, but he's not getting any younger, and he can't exactly run away from people any more. There would undoubtedly be some great deep thorws to highlight on Sportcenter where Russel broke the pocket and Adams broke some DB's ankle for a long score here or there, but zero consistency.

I don't want him in Vegas, I'd rather keep developing O'Connell, or draft another guy, let em fight out, best man wins. I don't consider him an upgrade at all. Hell, keep JimmyG before you go down that road.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Jeremy Fowler and the NFC exec are out of their collective minds. No one is trading for RW with that ridiculous contract first and foremost, not after the way he played the past 2-3 years. SO there's the exec, and Fowler for being dumb enough to think that's reportable 'news'.

Now, should RW get outright released, so the contract is null and void, maybe The Raiders kick the tires, but I doubt it. I don't see him, being great at improve, but horrid in the pocket/on schedule, being a great mesh with D. Adams, who is meticulous in routes, like down to the inch. Timing is a huge part of why Adam's is great and if the QB can't be counted on to be on time, it screws up everything. Sure Adams can be great adlibbing too, but he's not getting any younger, and he can't exactly run away from people any more. There would undoubtedly be some great deep thorws to highlight on Sportcenter where Russel broke the pocket and Adams broke some DB's ankle for a long score here or there, but zero consistency.

I don't want him in Vegas, I'd rather keep developing O'Connell, or draft another guy, let em fight out, best man wins. I don't consider him an upgrade at all. Hell, keep JimmyG before you go down that road.
I'm just guessing, mind you, but appears you not a RW fan - Harold will be disappointed. ..... :D
My first thought was why would anyone entertain doing that unless it's dirt cheap ?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just guessing, mind you, but appears you not a RW fan - Harold will be disappointed. ..... :D
My first thought was why would anyone entertain doing that unless it's dirt cheap ?
I was an RW fan, loved that was just scrappy and always seemed to make a play when the Seahawks needed it. Seemed like there was always a chance they could get that impossible 3rd down, or score that game winning TD...but as soon as he decided, publicly no less, that he wanted to be more like Drew Brees, and be a passer first, not a mobile playmaker, and play into his 40's, he has SUCKED. Period. One year in Seattle, and both in Denver, even though year 2 was better with Peyton, it was a high school level offense (which I got giddy listening to them piss and moan about EVERY Monday morning on the radio)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn gets the nod in Washington. probably good news for the short term future of Robinson/Gibson.

Expected to take a QB with that #2 overall pick, boatload of cap space.

But, I think they should Jimmy Johnson this rebuild. You've got multiple teams selected outside the top 10 that NEED a QB, trade back with Minnesota, Denver, or Vegas, at 11, 12 or 13, collect a friggin ransom in picks and fill multiple holes. take one of those 2nd tier QB's in the second, battle it out with Howard, or re-sign Brissett to bridge. No point in wasting that golden goose on a 50/50 shot at one of these kids when you know damned good and well your roster needs a massive overhaul. Drake May ain't gonna turn this team around without a ton of help. Build the chassis, then go find a new wheelman

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn gets the nod in Washington. probably good news for the short term future of Robinson/Gibson.

Expected to take a QB with that #2 overall pick, boatload of cap space.

But, I think they should Jimmy Johnson this rebuild. You've got multiple teams selected outside the top 10 that NEED a QB, trade back with Minnesota, Denver, or Vegas, at 11, 12 or 13, collect a friggin ransom in picks and fill multiple holes. take one of those 2nd tier QB's in the second, battle it out with Howard, or re-sign Brissett to bridge. No point in wasting that golden goose on a 50/50 shot at one of these kids when you know damned good and well your roster needs a massive overhaul. Drake May ain't gonna turn this team around without a ton of help. Build the chassis, then go find a new wheelman

I thought Howell showed flashes that he can do the job, but kinda hard to do when you're constantly on your back or running for your life.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Howell showed flashes that he can do the job, but kinda hard to do when you're constantly on your back or running for your life.

and harder to keep your job when a potential stud is available in the draft...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember how to disect a circle from geometry class.
Take that @jwolt92 ...ya know, from the femoruv playoff game thread...

Hey now, listen here.. I don't teach addition of whole numbers, and I also never said I was a good teacher so take THAT

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, listen here.. I don't teach addition of whole numbers, and I also never said I was a good teacher so take THAT
Ned Sneebley?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Howell is not it.

He had some good games and good moments.

But the Commanders need a QB. They have some talent at the skill positions. Use the cap space to shore up the OL, draft your QB of the future at 2 and invest in defense in the mid rounds.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Howell is not it.

He had some good games and good moments.

But the Commanders need a QB. They have some talent at the skill positions. Use the cap space to shore up the OL, draft your QB of the future at 2 and invest in defense in the mid rounds.
You forgot 'change the name of the team' in there somewhere

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Andy Reid, Kelce doesn't play another down in this Super Bowl and isn't on the team next year.

You think guys like Bill Parcels, Jimmy Johnson or Belichick woulda taken that shit?