• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 7, Cowboys 31-Second Loss

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a day when the offense score exactly 17 yards for the ENTIRE HALF, the worst since 10/12/1997, allowed 6 sacks on Sammie, one shy of a team record, the defense gave up three scores and a 175 yards to Demarco Murray on the ground, Special Teams continued their penalties costing us a TD run-back by Austin, and the refs were calling the worst game I have witnessed in a long time, the Rams took steps backwards on all facets of the game that reminded me of the days under Devaney and Spigot!!!

Nothing worked all game long and Fisher left the offense in on nearly every fourth down play in the second half to force them to execute or to find out who is going to play and who is going to stand around. Even reliable Johnny Hekker got into the cesspool by missing a fake punt pass to Givens on yet another fourth down. Despite all of this we were only down 17 points at the half but things just got worse in the second half. I believe Clayton stated on the game thread that this was this year's version of the Patriots game of last year. Let's hope so and we get our asswhoopin' out of our system.

On Offense. The positives. Sammie was actually one of the few bright spots today along with Pead who looked pretty good. Bradford played very well in spite of being sacked 6 times, harassed, slapped by both Hatcher and Ware in the face on several occasions with no calls, hurried, knocked down and then had his receivers take turns dropping perfectly thrown balls that hit receivers on the HANDS and in stride with some occasions being wide-open. And all of the receivers dropped passes with Quick dropping three. His passes were crisp and on target. He finished the day 28/46, 236 yards and 1TD to Romo's 17/24, 210 yards and 3TDs. Sammie had one INT called back because he had thrown the ball while being slapped again by Hatcher and the refs finally called the infraction. He defintiely earned his money today and I am going to give him a pass for awhile because Shottenehimer is proving to being a complete idiot in his game-management play calling.

The negatives. Pick one, beginning with the O-line. After going four straight games without a sack, the O-line got beat by a horrendous pass rush by Dallas and gave up 6 sacks. They did not block anybody on a run or pass. J. Long looked like a complete waste of FA money as he got beat twice so badly it looked like he was standing still. Harvey Dahl looked terrible and got beat really badly as well. Barksdale did pretty good today and Williams also. Max Starks made a late game appearance and maybe Starks should takeover that LT spot because he looked damn good. That was indeed a good signing. The the young receiving corp demonstrated their ineptitude by dropping pass after pass especially in the seond half. And then there is Shottenheimer who never solved Monte Kiffin's blast defense that dominated us. His play calling is rapidly becoming so predictable that every throw and completion resulted in no YACS and he simply does not understand that if you need 12 yards you do not throw underneath for 5.

On Defense. The positives. Three guys came to play today: T.J. McDonals, Janoris Jenkins, and surprisingly, Rodney McLeod. Langford had a sack and Ogletree will knock the snot out of you but there was not much else here. Laurinaitus took the day off and so did Brockers.

The negatives. This defense is really bad. Tim Walton does not know what the hell he is doing as he often had our CB's playing way off the ball in the wrong places on the field. On play with Dallas on our 20 yard line and driving, Walton had McLeod in the endzone playing safety with a huge hole in the middle of the field. WTH??

The defense gave up 175 yards to Demarco Murray, who the last time he played us set a rushing record with a worse defense. They gave up big play after big play and C. Long looked pretty pedestrain because he is playing with a bad hip and it showed. Even Robert Quinn stunk it up missing on a sure Romo sack. Finnegan has become a liability and a highly paid one. He got torched all day long. But Walton is simply an idiot and this defense is very bad.

And the there is Coach Fassel and the Special Teams. Granted the refs were calling a perfectly legal crack-back block illegal even with proper player technique and both Fassel and Fisher were complaining but these guys are still holding and blocking in the back and creating useless penalties that cost us a TD run-back by Austin today. Even reliable Hekker failed to hit Givens on a fake punt. Darryl Johnston commented that Fisher is going to have to get a handle on this ASAP or we are screwed.

This loss could not have come at a worse time because we have a short week with the Whiners coming into town on Thursday. Right now, we are facing an 1-3 start and Rambunctious made the comment that may ring true. On the game thread, Rambunctious stated that perhaps this really is a 0-3 team that got lucky with the Cards. I tend to agree with him because our patterns of play on both sides of teh ball are clear and they are not good. We may be indeed looking at another krappy season and perhaps coaches getting fired if this keeps up.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Retro. I missed this game. Glad I did. The defensive play has me scratching my head. I didnt buy into the preseason hype for many reasons. Although I really wanted to. Never been a fan of the dink and dump offense or the running back by committee. We all live and die with the Rams. 9ers next dam.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was a nail-biter.
We bit the pillow whilst the Cowboys nailed our asses.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalls came to play and the Rams did not show up. in the first half, why in the world did the Rams not call for more roll outs for Bradford to give him a bit more time????

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting point blk4x499. One would think Shottenheimer would make the adjustment early but he rarely changed and Sammie got hammered. It reflects on the rigidity of this coaching staff perhaps because the players are so young. I am baffled that the playcalling did not recognize the fierce rush the Dallas defense was applying and make SOME, any adjustments.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Game was Horrible to watch live

Hello all been a while since I've been online, Made the 10 hour long drive to Dallas hoping to see a RAMS team that I though would contend, but alas I was dissapointed in (NOT) seeing the RAMS show up and play the Cowboys.

As a fan I beleive I deserve better. The RAMS showed so much potential in the first 2 games. Both times they had to dig themselves out of the hole, but they contended. Sunday in Dallas they didn't even show up.

All the RAM fans that were there prior to the game thought we would contend and pull out a win in Big D.

That's what happens when we ASSUME that the RAMS would contend.

This was the worst I have ever seen the RAMS play in years, and to be there watching it live with that many Cowboys Fans screaming in your ear, well you understand my frustration. :gaah:

Hope the RAMS pull there you know what's out and see this embarrasing loss and learn from it, or it's gonna be another long season, with the RAMS once agains making this RAM fan beleive that the bad days were behind us.

After watching that game in Dallas, the RAMs still have a lot of rebuilding to do before I will call them contenders.

GO RAMS lets get back on the winning track against the 49ers this Thursday.:yahoo:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ram-N-It. Good to see you on the board! That must have been just miserable to drive that far, plunk down a lot of cash, and then have the Rams just not show up. That would be an even more miserable drive home. I am sure there was either total silence or a lot of swearing going on in that 10 hour drive home.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro I went with my buddies who are are Cowboy fans, and my son. Buddies gave us our razzing after that horrible loss, but all in all it was a good trip. I'll say this about Dallas that is one helluva stadium the Boyz get to play in, but not fan freindly to many barriers between the fans and players. Just disapointed that the RAMS didn't show up to play on Sunday. I can handle a loss, but what I saw out there Sunday was just embrassing.

It just seemed like the players and the coaches didn't feel like playing.

Don't really know what they were doing out there, Oh well like I said need to move on and get ready for the 40 Whyners this Thursday.

Hopefully we get back in the W column.

Have a good one

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every season I drive 10 hours to see the Rams play in AZ so I feel your pain... I sure hope last Sunday was some kind of a fluke and the Rams will be back on Thursday. I know one thing for sure they can't play any worse...

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rambunctious

I drive the 7 1/2 hour drive every year as well to AZ to see that game as well. Did the drive to Dallas well becuase they were playing the Boyz, and all my friends here are Cowboy fans, so thought it would be cool to see the RAMS beat the Boyz in Dallas.

As we all know that didn't happen.

Have fun this year in AZ maybe we'll run into echother.