• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ralphie traded

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're complaining about the wrong dman, Rules. You should be bitching about Dillon not Polak. Polak had prevented at least 3 sure goals with his play in front of his net and broken up even more quality scoring chances with his positioning and ability to dominate board battles. You talk about the 3 goals he's been on for like any of them were his fault. The ES goal in the Aves game the back checking forward was out muscled by his man. The PP goal the weak side forward cheated too much to the other side leaving that point open. Polak's responsibility there was to box out the oreads in front of the net preventing a screen and tie up the stick. He did exactly that. What was Polak's fault on the Buf goal? Was it Dillon fumbling a puck that hit him square in the tape or Jones' horrendous goaltending? Dillon has been beyond terrible these last two games, he's the one you should be complaining about.

As for the overpay for Polak, I'm starting to think the other 2nd might have been prepayment to ensure the Reimer trade.

Too bad they can't send Dillon, Tennyson and Nieto to Winnipeg for Byfuglien. I know he shoots right, but do it to block the Kings from getting him. Braun, Pickles, Burns, Martin, Pollack, Byfuglien, and Demelo. Sweet :)

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldve had a month long boner if I woke up and read that we acquired Buff...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they aren't going to play Reimer why did they trade for him? Wtf kind of logic

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they aren't going to play Reimer why did they trade for him? Wtf kind of logic

two reasons:

1. injury to jones. Goalies get hurt, and if Jones got hurt, the sharks entire season would be sunk. Now, they have a legit backup to pick up the torch. Its the same reason the polak trade isnt THAT bad, as prior to the deal since demelo was the #6, the #7,8 Dmen were pretty weak (tennyson, mueller? yargh). Now they can absorb an injury, and slot in demelo, and still carry on.

2. he will play. Today was his first eligible game given visa issues since he was dealt internationally. The sharks have 3 B2B's as well as a pretty nastry stretch in mid march. From march 19th to april 2nd, the sharks play 9 games in 15 nights. Reimer will surely get at least 2 of those. Of the final 19 games, I would expect Reimer to get 5 or so. Those 5 games could be extremely important for the division, and will spell jones for the PO's.

They definitely needed to get a quality back up, so that deal makes sense, even if he only plays a few games. Besides, they gave up basically nothing for him, so it's fine.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since the Polak deal, the sharks are 3-1-1, and have scored 17 goals for and 11 goals against.

Polak is a -3, zero points, and has been on for 5 goals against (including the only PK goal theyve given up) and one goal for averaging nearly 18 mins/gm. That's ridiculously bad. Obviously Dillon is equally bad and a large part of that stat, but good god, that pairing is SO bad. In the same 5 games, the rest of the D is a combined +14, and obviously perfect on the PK.

I know he is adjusting the sharks (as they mentioned he is adjusting the neutral zone play), but as I have been watching him, it's been pretty awful. He is WAY overrated. Physical? yes. but he is a #6 dman at best, much like Dillon.

Maybe he will improve as he gets used to it, but the sharks are winning despite them not with them. That has to change going forward to win the PO's.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Polak is a specialty dman. The Sharks defensive group was really weak in front of its own net and breaking up cycles along the boards. The Dillon and Demelo pairing would get dominated in these areas regularly. However these are two of Polak's best attributes. Tonight against the Nucks he broke up 4 extended offensive possessions by the Nucks by breaking low cycles and winning board battles.

He's not one who will ever wow you with his positioning on the rush as we've seen but the Sharks play a heavy forward back check game so they can afford Polak's weakness there on the 3rd pairing. To be at his best though Polak really needs a better puck moving partner than Dillon. If either of those to try to play a puck moving role it will get ugly really quick.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Mike Brown being claimed by Montreal, I guess this ends Dougie's failed experiment to make the Sharks tougher after the LA King playoff disaster. How did that work out Dougie? Mike Brown, John Scott, etc. None had much of an impact. None of us thought it was a good idea in the first place. Team looks much better with 4 lines of skill players instead.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice to see Rimes get another start

yep and he was terrific! That's why they picked him up. He's has two solid starts, as I thought he was not at fault vs. vancouver. Im sure he'll get at least 3 or 4 more starts in the last 15 or so games, to spell jones.

Still cant stand the polak-dillon pairing, as I see that as the real achilles heal of the sharks, but the forwards and goaltending, and top 4 D seem pretty respectable.

Now, they gotta go figure out the PK...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep and he was terrific! That's why they picked him up. He's has two solid starts, as I thought he was not at fault vs. vancouver. Im sure he'll get at least 3 or 4 more starts in the last 15 or so games, to spell jones.

Still cant stand the polak-dillon pairing, as I see that as the real achilles heal of the sharks, but the forwards and goaltending, and top 4 D seem pretty respectable.

Now, they gotta go figure out the PK...
I haven't been able to watch games in Hawaii, but if you looked at Riemers numbers on a shitty team you knew he was going to come in and do well on a good team. I hope he gets atleast a 3rd if not close to half of the remaining starts

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jagr may actually hit 30 goals this season that shit is crazy