• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raise your hand if you think ND is dogshit even though they went 12-0

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to sling formula-based data around without taking a look at what exactly the formula is first. A lot of UCF fans claim a title because of some obscure poll, but when you look at the formula, said poll completely leaves out SoS.

Regardless, Notre Dame will get the nod as top 4, but only because they're Notre Dame and they're undefeated. Sagarin has their SoS at 44, which isn't overly impressive in contrast to the others in CFP Top 4 contention. And nobody cares at P5 opponents if said opponents don't have winning records. What matters are game against top opponents. Notre Dame has 1 win over a (current) top 10 team and 2 wins over top 30. Ohio State has 2 wins over top 10 and 2 wins over top 30.
UCF doesn't claim a title. Its recognized and documented by the NCAA.

Rankings are not facts they are opinion. Votes by the AP,Coahes or committee. That are based on human influence and subject to bias. Nothing concrete.

As I explained to you earlier. I can run multiple formulas and shift the numbers in whatever direction I want. We can go back and forth all night with mathematical formulas. Although without an even foundation with all teams and conferences they're useless....And come to different conclusions. Numbers are easily skewed. This is a technique used to when one is attempting to bury the simple facts. In order to shift the goal posts

Simple fact

Oklahoma home and home, UNLV Army OOC > FSU neutral site,fresno State,Colorado Stateand Mercer

Iowa is a much higher level of difficulty than a lay up with Mercer

11-2 with a CC > 11-1 and finishing 3rd in your conference

Its really quite simple......

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF doesn't claim a title. Its recognized and documented by the NCAA.

Rankings are not facts they are opinion. Votes by the AP,Coahes or committee. That are based on human influence and subject to bias. Nothing concrete.

As I explained to you earlier. I can run multiple formulas and shift the numbers in whatever direction I want. We can go back and forth all night with mathematical formulas. Although without an even foundation with all teams and conferences they're useless....And come to different conclusions. Numbers are easily skewed. This is a technique used to when one is attempting to bury the simple facts. In order to shift the goal posts

Simple fact

Oklahoma home and home, UNLV Army OOC > FSU neutral site,fresno State,Colorado Stateand Mercer

Iowa is a much higher level of difficulty than a lay up with Mercer

11-2 with a CC > 11-1 and finishing 3rd in your conference

Its really quite simple......
UCF's "title" was awarded by the Colley Matrix and documented in the NCAA's guide, along with any other poll that has been around long enough to warrant inclusion. I've already gone into how flawed the Colley Matrix is.

You can't lose 2 games and get into the playoff. History has proven it. It's that fucking simple, whether you think it should be that way or not.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's "title" was awarded by the Colley Matrix and documented in the NCAA's guide, along with any other poll that has been around long enough to warrant inclusion. I've already gone into how flawed the Colley Matrix is.

You can't lose 2 games and get into the playoff. History has proven it. It's that fucking simple, whether you think it should be that way or not.
Its in the NCAA record books back to the co champions thing. Gotta expand the play offs and rely on an actual criteria in regards to qualifying for the play offs if you want a true champion.....

Polls and committees just don't cut it and the BCS system failed.....

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its in the NCAA record books back to the co champions thing. Gotta expand the play offs and rely on an actual criteria in regards to qualifying for the play offs if you want a true champion.....

Polls and committees just don't cut it and the BCS system failed.....
College football doesn't need to overhaul the way they do business because some schmuck on a message board doesn't think its fair the way it is.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football doesn't need to overhaul the way they do business because some schmuck on a message board doesn't think its fair the way it is.
And now you have absolutely no facts to refute it. Thank you for confirming they need to expand the play offs use a stronger qualifications process.You've shown its factually indisputable

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now you have absolutely no facts to refute it. Thank you for confirming they need to expand the play offs use a stronger qualifications process.You've shown its factually indisputable

"Polls and committees just don't cut it and the BCS system failed....." - Opinion, not a fact.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I feel ND is right where they should be and will be when it's all said and done. I am a long time ND fan and here is the bottom line.

There is Alabama and Clemson. All other teams are a distant 3rd to them and that will show come playoff time. I will say this about Clemson that was a pretty pussy ass schedule they played.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say they are dogshit. They are good. Their schedule on paper, before the season, looked fairly good and no different than any other P5 team.
USC, FSU, Stanford, Michigan aren’t traditionally bad teams and are all perennial top 25 teams. But they all (except Michigan) shat the bed this season.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are better than UCF ... :noidea:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say they are dogshit. They are good. Their schedule on paper, before the season, looked fairly good and no different than any other P5 team.
USC, FSU, Stanford, Michigan aren’t traditionally bad teams and are all perennial top 25 teams. But they all (except Michigan) shat the bed this season.

Stanford is having an off year by their recent standards, but a likely 8-4 season with a close loss to Washington isn't exactly shitting the bed either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I feel ND is right where they should be and will be when it's all said and done. I am a long time ND fan and here is the bottom line.

There is Alabama and Clemson. All other teams are a distant 3rd to them and that will show come playoff time. I will say this about Clemson that was a pretty pussy ass schedule they played.
I'm genuinely wondering if Clemson isn't closer to ND than they are to Bama. They have two ranked wins, one against a 3-loss team that beat nobody and one against a 4-loss team, and they were extremely lucky to win both of them. While I do think they should beat ND, I think that game will be closer than Clemson-Alabama.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm genuinely wondering if Clemson isn't closer to ND than they are to Bama. They have two ranked wins, one against a 3-loss team that beat nobody and one against a 4-loss team, and they were extremely lucky to win both of them. While I do think they should beat ND, I think that game will be closer than Clemson-Alabama.

I think Clemson is closer to ND then they are Bama. I think we know Bama should win it all again this year barring some miracle.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is having an off year by their recent standards, but a likely 8-4 season with a close loss to Washington isn't exactly shitting the bed either.
Considering they started 13th and were in the top 10 at one point, I'd say they definitely shat the bed, especially when you look at the fact that the Pac 12 was so down this year. They needed to take a step forward and instead they took a big step back. I wouldn't call Cal a guaranteed W by any means.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clemson is closer to ND then they are Bama. I think we know Bama should win it all again this year barring some miracle.
I honestly think UGA is the 2nd best team in the nation this year, and they will likely give Bama their closest test.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought going to Blacksburg was a for sure loss. Shocked how bad they ended up being

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think UGA is the 2nd best team in the nation this year, and they will likely give Bama their closest test.
I don't see that at all. I think UGA will play the first half close but end up losing by 21 or better in the SEC Championship game.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
1065031838.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that at all. I think UGA will play the first half close but end up losing by 21 or better in the SEC Championship game.
I think they're one of the only teams in the nation that actually has the talent on both sides of the ball to keep up with Bama. It depends on which Bama defense shows up.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to ND for running the table but that has to be the most unimpressive 12-0 team I've ever seen.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t get the hate of ND. Their SOS is better than Bama and Clemson. ND may have struggle against some of their opponents but not as bad as OU and OSU. Just like Dabo said, we’re all on the ROY bus. There’s Bama and then there’s the Rest Of Y’all