• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for WVU fans

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I was just saying 2 out of 16 aint bad...not involved in analysis...:lol:

From the Texas fan...

Lots of media hype, IMO. I mean, the Big East sent 8 teams to the tourney last year. 5 were eliminated in the 1st round.

The BE had two teams in the Final 4 last year. That is even better than 2 of 16? LOL!!

Haters gonna hate...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Texas fan...

The BE had two teams in the Final 4 last year. That is even better than 2 of 16? LOL!!

Haters gonna hate...

Difference is, Big 12 is a football school 1st, not a basketball conference, like the BE was. Plus, WVU is having a tough time competing in the Big 12 in basketball, compared to how they were doing in the BE recently. IJS......LOL at hating. Nobody is hating, just making an observation.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, Big 12 is a football school 1st, not a basketball conference, like the BE was. Plus, WVU is having a tough time competing in the Big 12 in basketball, compared to how they were doing in the BE recently. IJS......LOL at hating. Nobody is hating, just making an observation.

Sorry, my wording was probably not on target. I am responding to your belief the BE was overhyped by the media.

The same media called the Big 12 the best basketball conference in the country this year. Right?

This year, the Big 12 performed as well as the BE teams you blasted last year.

With 9 scholarship players... one of whom came down with mono at season's end... WVU finished 6th. Not sure how it looks like WVU is struggling to anyone...

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is struggling as a team and as a program because of internal issues we have all discussed prior and not due to which conference it calls home. WVU should be performing better in the Big12 over the past 2 seasons but because of some internal dynamic, this team is performing at a subpar level. Even OOC contests, which have no bearing on the Big12 what so ever have produced poor results. When your team is unraveling from the inside - it probably has little to do with your conference affiliation and more to do with your team identity.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas,

What did the media have to say about the Big 12 this year? Wasn't every talking head and analyst claiming the Big 12 to be the #1 conference in all of the land? #1 RPI. 7 out of 10 teams to the dance.

How many Big 12 teams still dancing?

In WVU's last year in the the Big East, it went 9-9. This year, WVU went 9-9.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW,

I believe the Big 12 was the best conference from top to bottom this year.

Just making a point, it is ridiculous to look at results from the NCAA tournament to determine conference strength. If one were to use that logic, one would have to say the SEC was a far better conference than the Big 12 this year.

And, that would be a joke…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it ridiculous to look at results on the court? RPI is opinion, just like the polls. We are down to eight teams left, 3 B11 teams, 2 SEC teams, and one each from the PAC, SAC, and A10, when we played in the BE, I read of how great it was because three of the final four were BE teams. I think that without the two washed out classes that WVU would be owning the B12 hardwood today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is struggling as a team and as a program because of internal issues we have all discussed prior and not due to which conference it calls home. WVU should be performing better in the Big12 over the past 2 seasons but because of some internal dynamic, this team is performing at a subpar level. Even OOC contests, which have no bearing on the Big12 what so ever have produced poor results. When your team is unraveling from the inside - it probably has little to do with your conference affiliation and more to do with your team identity.

Exactly right DBAR, TEAMS play ball, leagues do not. Without those two lost classes and the defections, WVU would be sitting atop the league with KU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it ridiculous to look at results on the court? RPI is opinion, just like the polls. We are down to eight teams left, 3 B11 teams, 2 SEC teams, and one each from the PAC, SAC, and A10, when we played in the BE, I read of how great it was because three of the final four were BE teams. I think that without the two washed out classes that WVU would be owning the B12 hardwood today.

Mercer is a better team than Duke?

OK… isn't that a ridiculous comment?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is RPI an opinion?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercer is a better team than Duke?

OK… isn't that a ridiculous comment?

Based on name alone Duke is better, but based on the game.......if you want to just look at names, why play the games? Let's just do away with the tourney and have a roundball BSC.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is RPI an opinion?

How is it not? Guys program computers to a sign value to wins and losses which are based on the output of that same program.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on name alone Duke is better, but based on the game.......if you want to just look at names, why play the games? Let's just do away with the tourney and have a roundball BSC.

So, you discount the entire season.

Upsets happen. It is the beauty of March Madness. Probably why they call it March Madness…. what do you think?

But, if this is your logic… then so be it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it not? Guys program computers to a sign value to wins and losses which are based on the output of that same program.

Please look up how the RPI is generated. You are making me LOL right now.:lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Computers have opinions now, don't ya know.

Yes they do, they crunch numbers in the way they are programmed. If they are not opinion, then why are the football computer polls all different? You can program to get the results that you want.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do, they crunch numbers in the way they are programmed. If they are not opinion, then why are the football computer polls all different? You can program to get the results that you want.

You are a treat! You only get out of a computer what you input. It does not provide an opinion. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this. I will agree with you on one thing, WVU should have, and had, higher standards. :L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look up how the RPI is generated…

It is not a computer poll like that used for football.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a treat! You only get out of a computer what you input. It does not provide an opinion. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this. I will agree with you on one thing, WVU should have, and had, higher standards. :L

EXACTLY, Mad, you get out what you program to get out. The programmers opinion is included in the output. WOW are you a literal guy or what. I meant that the output of the computer is influenced by the guy who wrote the code..... Come on, you knew that.:clap: