• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Seahawk game I watch I have an intense desire to see them win even though it hurts the draft position.
Same... I can't fathom anything other than this as a die hard fan...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of options in the draft of course but I was watching the Bears play and got to wondering if as most think the Bears go QB Caleb Williams or Drake Maye would they want to move Fields? Would Fields be a option for the Seahawks? Likely won't be expensive, maybe trade Geno and pick? Guess what round the pick would be a important factor. What do you guys say?
No Fields. Chicago is going to ask for a lot of our draft capital and no way should the FO give that up knowing need help on the lines.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why people would care more about draft position than winning games.

Losing out and keeping Pete is the worst of all worlds.
Losing to get better is a brighter outlook than spinning wheels winning 8 or 9 games year after year and getting smoked in WC round. We need a QB and getting as close to the top of the draft as possible is better than giving up multiple draft assets to move up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, like i said earlier and like many have mentioned, this team is many bandaids deep in a desperate bid to hand on. For thr sake of the future they all need tearing off.

That means accepting defeat and cutting a lot of overpaid players

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Fields. Chicago is going to ask for a lot of our draft capital and no way should the FO give that up knowing need help on the lines.
What is a lot of draft capital to you?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On QBs, here are Mel Kiper's rankings for '24 (as of a week ago):

1. Caleb Williams, USC
2. Drake Maye, North Carolina
3. Shedeur Sanders, Colorado
4. Jayden Daniels, LSU
5. Bo Nix, Oregon
6. Carson Beck, Georgia
7. J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
8. Michael Penix Jr., Washington
9. Michael Pratt, Tulane
10. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina

Interesting that Penix is 8th on his board. If that holds, he's probably no better than a 3rd rounder and most likely even later. Not that I think Penix is the right guy for the Hawks, but I do see it a lot from UW/Hawks fans that we should draft him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On QBs, here are Mel Kiper's rankings for '24 (as of a week ago):

1. Caleb Williams, USC
2. Drake Maye, North Carolina
3. Shedeur Sanders, Colorado
4. Jayden Daniels, LSU
5. Bo Nix, Oregon
6. Carson Beck, Georgia
7. J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
8. Michael Penix Jr., Washington
9. Michael Pratt, Tulane
10. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina

Interesting that Penix is 8th on his board. If that holds, he's probably no better than a 3rd rounder and most likely even later. Not that I think Penix is the right guy for the Hawks, but I do see it a lot from UW/Hawks fans that we should draft him.

Doesn't sound like Sanders is going to declare this year. Another year with pops most likely. Daniels sounds like he may go a lot higher than people thought a month ago. Maybe early 1st round. 5-10 really need to impress in the bowls and post-season events if they want to get into the 1st round.

I don't watch them enough but from what I've seen and read, I think I would rather Bo Nix over Penix. I really don't like Penix's arm slot and throwing motion in the little I've seen.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams, maye and Daniels will all go top 5.

Nix and McCarthy go round 1 but probably 15-32.

Dont know about Penix, a team could love him and take him somewhere mid to late round 1 or he could be the guy that falls into round 2 or three.

Of all those QBs i like Penix the least and feel like Bo Nix is the guy that fits the mold of what Carroll wants in a qB

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams, maye and Daniels will all go top 5.

Nix and McCarthy go round 1 but probably 15-32.

Dont know about Penix, a team could love him and take him somewhere mid to late round 1 or he could be the guy that falls into round 2 or three.

Of all those QBs i like Penix the least and feel like Bo Nix is the guy that fits the mold of what Carroll wants in a qB
Bo Nix reminds me of Baker Mayfield for some reason... Agreed on Penix... I like him the least as an NFL QB of the list above...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Nix reminds me of Baker Mayfield for some reason... Agreed on Penix... I like him the least as an NFL QB of the list above...

He's taller than Mayfield.

I think Mayfield could have been really good. Never had a good situation to develop in.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think nix has the personality of mayfield or the erratic at times play that mayfield has.

I dont really get why so many of the draft people hate on nix, a lot of it seems to be how bad he was at auburn. But he was a 5 star recruit and has played really well at oregon for two seasons.

He is older too so that definitely plays into it too, but he will be a day one starter in part because of that. Mccarthy i dont think should be a day 1 starter, i think he sits for a year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think nix has the personality of mayfield or the erratic at times play that mayfield has.

I dont really get why so many of the draft people hate on nix, a lot of it seems to be how bad he was at auburn. But he was a 5 star recruit and has played really well at oregon for two seasons.

He is older too so that definitely plays into it too, but he will be a day one starter in part because of that. Mccarthy i dont think should be a day 1 starter, i think he sits for a year.

McCarthy is the high risk/high reward guy. IMO, is stock is going to be heavily influenced by how he plays in the playoff.

If he plays well, I could see him move up to the mid-1st. If he plays poorly he may even decide to stay another year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like Penix's arm slot and throwing motion in the little I've seen.

I don't necessarily disagree, but is some of that just because it looks a little different from a lefty? Mahomes chucks it 3/4 quite a bit as well.

But on the whole, I'm completely undecided about what I think of Penix as an NFL QB. He's not super athletic but he can move and is definitely capable of a scramble/run if it's there. Not a throw he cannot make, maybe the strongest arm coming out. Good accuracy but not Marino. Has had much tougher time when pressured and no run game support, but that's a description of nearly every QB in football history. I could see him being another Mahomes, and I could also see him as another Brock Huard.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is the high risk/high reward guy. IMO, is stock is going to be heavily influenced by how he plays in the playoff.

If he plays well, I could see him move up to the mid-1st. If he plays poorly he may even decide to stay another year.
Its hard to judge because they put so little on his shoulders. He would be smart to stay one more year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 firsts to start
I would be very shocked if they came anywhere close to (2) 1st rounders...

When we traded for Adams, he was at the top of his game... Fields hasn't been successful playing for the Bears... Always bottom 1/3 of NFL QB's... If they do get that, props to them...