• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puck Luck is for Pansies

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article over at Puck Daddy, Williams says it best:

“Puck luck is for cop-outs,” said forward Justin Williams. “I don’t believe in it at all. I think you get what you put into it. Last night, we simply weren’t good enough.”

Y! SPORTS

Suck it King Nothing.

=)~~

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good summary of how we have all pretty much felt since this series started.

Excuses by Vigneault and Lundqvist are abundant and even when they won Game 4, they just said they finally got he bounces.

Good comment on that article:

"If you want to understand why the Kings are so hard to beat, read the comments by their players after dominating a game, seeing the rangers get away with several blatant penalties, and having not one but two pucks literally stop on the goal line. They just didn't work hard enough to win. Then read the comments by the rangers players, especially Lundquist, after each of their losses. Always an excuse, whether it's a bad call or a bad bounce. That's why the Kings will win the cup again."

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's spot on, because that is what this franchise is built on. It's pretty amazing to see the transformation of the Kings from 2006 until now, they expect to win and have changed the culture of the franchise 180º.

You don't get to 3 WCFs in a row including winning one Cup and on the verge of another by not being like that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's still remarkable. For those who suffered through the down years, these are especially rewarding years. I don't really mind bandwagoners because they won't get that same high.

Still a relatively young team and seem to be adding good young pieces each year. Cap issues be damned, this team will remain competitive for awhile.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats scary is the Kings don't have a lot of cap issues atm. They have like 13 mill in cap space going into next year with only Gaborik, Greene and Mitchell as UFAs. King is the only RFA. Next year we have a lot of RFAs that will needed raises and Williams, Stoll, Regehr and Martinez are UFAs.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

I can see Greene and Mitchell both being let go, unless they are willing to come back for considerably less coin, and maybe only one or two years. McNabb will probably be worked in, as Deano didn't give up the two prospects he did without seeing something good there.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb is right on the cusp of the NHL from what ive heard. I think one will be back. I dunno about both. Mitchell is the better of the two but is going to be 38 I believe. Greene was a scratch most of the year but here he is again, getting into the lineup in the playoffs and playing pretty solid over all.