• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pryor

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrelle Pryor benched as Redskins seek more production at WR

On the bench for a good deal of the game & starting to wear out his welcome. I had cautious hopes for him at the start of the season but have become more discouraged with each game, dropped pass & poor routes.

Will he recover & make a contribution? It is really needed at this time since the other WRs are hardly doing anything. What does everyone think?

BTW - at this pt last season Jackson had decent but not spectacular #s (those mainly come later in season). Garcon at that pt had steady but not spectacular #s (as was the case for almost entire season). Crowder had so-so #s but 3 TDs (he has been almost invisible this season) & Reed was his steady self. Thank God for Davis and Thompson this season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before, I think Pryor's season last year might have been a result of frequent broken plays by the Browns offense. As ours is a more timing based offense, and he is still raw as a WR, the lack of production might simply be a case of square peg round hole.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it was an entirely different show there likely. Here he needs to run precision routes and be in the right play at the right time. I guess the thing that surprised me was hearing in OTAs and Camp how good his hands were and then the season starts .... his nickname might as well be 50/50. He had 4 targets and caught 2 balls for 17 yards. Ryan Grant had 2 targets and 2 catches for 17 yards. Mostly that seems disheartening to me.

Whether or not we are shopping for a QB this coming year or not I have no clue but we better be shopping for some WRs too. Tell me who out of Crowder, Dox, Grant or TP has impressed you?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor has been completely horrible.

Last night, TP dropped half the passes thrown his way. 50/50 is accurate.

Grant has been unimpressive. He plays a lot and gives us nothing. They claim he is better in the run game. Can somebody explain how our run game has been improved in any way? I mean other than KC running more.

Doctson has been our most impressive WR. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Vernon Davis has been our best TE and it isn't close.

Oh and Crowder has been complete shit. He is a walking fumble.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it was an entirely different show there likely. Here he needs to run precision routes and be in the right play at the right time. I guess the thing that surprised me was hearing in OTAs and Camp how good his hands were and then the season starts .... his nickname might as well be 50/50. He had 4 targets and caught 2 balls for 17 yards. Ryan Grant had 2 targets and 2 catches for 17 yards. Mostly that seems disheartening to me.

Whether or not we are shopping for a QB this coming year or not I have no clue but we better be shopping for some WRs too. Tell me who out of Crowder, Dox, Grant or TP has impressed you?

Do you recall Kirk talking about how since Pryor was once a QB. That would or could be something that will greatly benefit their connection. A 'We don't need to speak it out-loud or we can look at something and see the same thing type deal. Maybe Kirk spoke on that before speaking in-depth to Pryor about the matter. As Pryor just looks lost or disengaged at times to me.

And the only answer is that beyond a couple catches by Doctson (52 yd TD) and Pryor (his 44 yd TD), no, thwe wide outs have not impressed me whatsoever and Crowder has been bitterly disappointing. I'm not quite sure what to make of his situation except to say his production is full on terrible.

What happened to Maurice Harris? The big body kid from last year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some reason he is still on the practice squad. As we only have 5 WRs on the active roster, it must be imperative to keep Quick as our weekly inactive, and Grant either has life altering dirt on Gruden, or he give a mean knob job. CAuse I cant think of another reason why these two are on the roster at this point.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason he is still on the practice squad. As we only have 5 WRs on the active roster, it must be imperative to keep Quick as our weekly inactive, and Grant either has life altering dirt on Gruden, or he give a mean knob job. CAuse I cant think of another reason why these two are on the roster at this point.

Thanks for the dope, Shark. That's a puzzler. He didn't make a whole lotta plays last year, but with a season under his belt. I was looking forward to seeing what I thought would be a more sure player playing instinctively and with more authority.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the dope, Shark. That's a puzzler. He didn't make a whole lotta plays last year, but with a season under his belt. I was looking forward to seeing what I thought would be a more sure player playing instinctively and with more authority.

A little more insight

Grant was a Bruce Allen Draft pick
Quick was a BRuce Allen Free Agent

Mo was a SMGM guy and is lucky to be on the PS.
Doctson was a first round pick, so he is safe.. for now.

I honestly think the way Cravens was handled had as much to do with who drafted him as how he handled things. Bruce is loyal and generous to the guys he drafted/brought in. If you were a Shanahan or SMGM product.. you best keep your shit wired tight and stay quite.... or so it seems.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is atm Grant is our most consistent wr

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, since you called me out on it. Maybe that's a little far fetched, but he isn't far behind. I'd really like to see Doc step up and be a true number one

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that this might be both informative and pertinent to this conversation

Here are our passing Stats by Month

Current year (2017)

MONTh........ATT...COMP...PCT...YDS...YDS/A...YDS/G...LONG...TD...TD%...INT...INT%...SACK...YDSL...RATE

September....97......66......68.0...712....8.1.......237.3.....74......5.....5.2.....1.......1.0........7........72......105.3

October.......101.....69......68.3....814...8.4........271.3.....69......7.....6.9.....2.......2.0........5........39.......109.1

Last year (2016)

BY MONTH....ATT...COMP...PCT...YDS...YDS/A...YDS/G...LONG...TD...TD%...INT...INT%...SACK...YDSL...RATE

September...125.....80......64.0...992.....8.2......330.7.....57.......3.....2.4.....3......2.4.......4.........28......87.4

October.......197....136......69.0...1398...7.4......279.6......44......9.....4.6.....4......2.0.......7.........67......97.4

Here are our receiving stats by month
This year (2017)

MONTH..........REC....TAR...YDS....AVG....TD....LONG....20+....YDS/G....FUM....FUML....YAC....1DN

September......66......97.....784.....11.9....5......74.......11.......261.3.......1.........0......489......38

October......... 69..... 101... 853.... 12.4... 7..... 69...... 13...... 284.3...... 2........ 1..... 273..... 43

Last year (2016)

MONTH......... REC.....TAR....YDS....AVG....TD....LONG....20+.....YDS/G....FUM...FUML.....YAC....1DN

September..... 80..... 125... 1020... 12.8... 3...... 57...... 14...... 340.0.......1....... 0....... 430..... 45

October......... 136.... 197... 1465...10.8.... 9..... 44....... 20...... 293.0...... 0....... 0....... 649..... 71

Finally, our rushing stats by month

This year (2017)

MONTH.......... ATT...... YDS...... YD/A..... LONG...... 20+...... TD..... YDS/G..... FUM..... FUML..... 1DN

September...... 90....... 409........ 4.5........ 61......... 2.......... 2....... 136.3........ 3......... 1.......... 15

October.......... 77....... 280........ 3.6........ 18......... 0.......... 1........ 93.3......... 2.......... 0......... 12

Last year (2016)

MONTH........... ATT.... YDS........ YD/A..... LONG..... 20+...... TD...... YDS/G...... FUM.... FUML..... 1DN

September....... 59..... 227.......... 3.8....... 14......... 0.......... 2......... 75.7.......... 1........ 0......... 12

October.......... 139.... 665...........4.8........ 57......... 5..........4.......... 133.0........ 4........ 3......... 38

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Sty. Dig a little deeper & you will see some reasons for the differences. For rushing the Redskins had that monster 229 yd rushing game against the Rams & basically have done very little rushing in any other game this season. That skews the Sept stats quite a bit. Bottom line - they don't really have a full time RB now & blocking is tricky w/ all of these injuries (I truly believe that they have several very effective OL for the run game). For 2016 the running game was bolstered by 2 monster games by Jones (go figure), but that also included him basically fumbling the game away against the Lions.

As for passing - good catch. The #s are down (although Oct is skewed by that monster stat game against Bengals). The #s for this season are not that bad, but I think that is mainly testimony to Thompson, Davis & Cousins. Beyond losing Jackson & Garcon what is missing thus far are the big contributions from Reed and Crowder that we saw last season (although Reed is starting to come on).

Just think if the current WRs actually contributed more than a catch or two a game. It may not have won the last game, but it certainly could have made a difference in the Chiefs game. Moving forward all of these WRs are going to have to contribute or else they will become acquainted with the bench & in Pryor's case a new team.

The lazy response is to put all of this on Cousins. However the WRs have to be held accountable & no doubt Gruden feels this way. No way that he wants to bench someone like Pryor, but the guy is giving him no choice at this time. I hope that they sort this out moving forward - if not for all of the WRs then at least for some & the lack of production from Crowder (as well as his fumbling) just baffles me. HTTR

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Sty. Dig a little deeper & you will see some reasons for the differences. For rushing the Redskins had that monster 229 yd rushing game against the Rams & basically have done very little rushing in any other game this season. That skews the Sept stats quite a bit. Bottom line - they don't really have a full time RB now & blocking is tricky w/ all of these injuries (I truly believe that they have several very effective OL for the run game). For 2016 the running game was bolstered by 2 monster games by Jones (go figure), but that also included him basically fumbling the game away against the Lions.

As for passing - good catch. The #s are down (although Oct is skewed by that monster stat game against Bengals). The #s for this season are not that bad, but I think that is mainly testimony to Thompson, Davis & Cousins. Beyond losing Jackson & Garcon what is missing thus far are the big contributions from Reed and Crowder that we saw last season (although Reed is starting to come on).

Just think if the current WRs actually contributed more than a catch or two a game. It may not have won the last game, but it certainly could have made a difference in the Chiefs game. Moving forward all of these WRs are going to have to contribute or else they will become acquainted with the bench & in Pryor's case a new team.

The lazy response is to put all of this on Cousins. However the WRs have to be held accountable & no doubt Gruden feels this way. No way that he wants to bench someone like Pryor, but the guy is giving him no choice at this time. I hope that they sort this out moving forward - if not for all of the WRs then at least for some & the lack of production from Crowder (as well as his fumbling) just baffles me. HTTR

Grant versus Pryor...would you rather throw to a guy that is never open or a guy that is 50/50 on if he will catch it?

I will say Pryor is the type that needs more balls thrown his way in order to catch the ball.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you recall Kirk talking about how since Pryor was once a QB. That would or could be something that will greatly benefit their connection. A 'We don't need to speak it out-loud or we can look at something and see the same thing type deal. Maybe Kirk spoke on that before speaking in-depth to Pryor about the matter. As Pryor just looks lost or disengaged at times to me.

And the only answer is that beyond a couple catches by Doctson (52 yd TD) and Pryor (his 44 yd TD), no, thwe wide outs have not impressed me whatsoever and Crowder has been bitterly disappointing. I'm not quite sure what to make of his situation except to say his production is full on terrible.

Yeah the OTA talk far outweighed what is happening on the field. Maybe that tells us how much gets accomplished in OTAs.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2