• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pryor Pro Day, OAK takes him in 3rd.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Clayton thinks he gets a $2.36 mill four year deal with $591,000 to sign. That should be able to get him some more tattoos.

So he's gonna have to take a pay cut eh?

Yeah, I was pretty shocked Pryor ran a 4.36 and 4.41. Didn't realize he was that fast. He's big, fast, and athletic. WR just might be the best spot for him.

Bear in mind that's a pro' day 40 time. Pro day times are about as close to useless as it gets. Everyone knows he's fast; but without him going to the combine nobody knows how fast.
Also, OSU 40 times are notoriously fast.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a little better than Tim Tebow. He needs at least 2 years of grooming before he should be allowed to see the field as a QB. He doesn't need to be a WR or TE. The guy is a quarterback. A lousy one who could develop to be a pretty descent starter.

That's a fair comparison. I never saw Tebow as a starter but more of an H-Back and thus far he hasn't disappointed, being outperformed by Brady Quinn. Who if he keeps performing like this, he might influence the team to let Orton walk at the end of the year (hopefully Dre doesn't see that).

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bear in mind that's a pro' day 40 time. Pro day times are about as close to useless as it gets. Everyone knows he's fast; but without him going to the combine nobody knows how fast.
Also, OSU 40 times are notoriously fast.

Aren't combine times notoriously fast as well? I've never heard people say otherwise.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Days depending on the surface and accuracy of timing tend to be faster. Guys always claim some crazy time and never get close to it when they run at the combine.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aren't combine times notoriously fast as well? I've never heard people say otherwise.

No. Pro' day times are almost always "faster" than combine times. And it wouldn't matter if combine times were fast' as long as everyone is running in doors on the same surface you get a good sense of who's how fast compared to the others.