• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Pro Bowlers

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have 8 players named as PB starters: Purdy, Williams, CMC, Juice, Kittle, Bosa, Warner, Ward.

I'm thrilled for Purdy. This helps to legitimize him as an upper tier QB in the NFC. This is the first time in 20 YEARS that the Niners have had a PB QB! He's had less than 2 seasons as a starter and he is named the starting NFC QB in the PB. Good for him.

CMC and Juice were no-brainers at RB and FB.
Kittle was healthy all year and his production showed that and he earned this PB for sure.
Williams was a no-brainer at LT. I'd wager to say that he's played better in SF than he did in Washington. Had a very good year and when he was out, it showed. The rest of the Niner OLine is rather pedestrian.

On defense, I'm most happy for Ward. The guy led the league in pass break ups! When challenged, he played well. When he came here, there were plenty of KC fans that said we overpaid badly for a midling CB. On the contrary, Ward has shown himself to be very effective.

Also happy for Hargrave getting a PB backup spot. His signing has worked out fairly well this year and imo, his loss was really felt by Philly this season.

I think Aiyuk and especially Greenlaw were robbed. About the only thing Mike Evans had over BA was 13 TDs to 7, so I can really see it a bit. OTOH, no way Wagner should’ve made the PB over Greenlaw. This PB was basically a lifetime achievement award for Wagner, b/c his play this year didn’t deserve a PB, particularly when compared against Greenlaw. I think that Greenlaw's personal foul issue could've cost him here.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaaa, I was already wondering if he'll even get us a 3rd round comp?

He might still be worth a Comp 3rd for stuff "fans don't see on camera", but i still wonder?
I think some team is going to pay a pretty penny for Young's measurables and "potential." Despite his lackluster time in Ninerville, I expect us to get a 3rd or a 4th round comp pick for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think some team is going to pay a pretty penny for Young's measurables and "potential." Despite his lackluster time in Ninerville, I expect us to get a 3rd or a 4th round comp pick for him.
But that's just it, when the trade was made it sounded like a 3rd round comp was 'for sure'. But now it could drop to a 4th rounder.

Not 'trashing' the trade overall, just saying Chase Young's impact is less than i expected. He's not 'opening things up' for others along the D-line far as I can tell? Could be he's doing things "we don't see on camera" and I'll be the first to admit my doubt should he garner a 3rd.