• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Protein and workouts

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're telling me you squatted nearly 600 pounds while weaing 185 and having a bench of about 280? The bench is certainly realistic, but there's no way I buy the squat e-stat of about 600. The highest raw squat record I've found is 854.2 pounds, held by Stan Efferding. As far as the weight class around 185, in the 181.8 class, there's a record of 529.1 pounds set by Gleb Epelbaum. The next weight class is 198.4lbs, with a record of 601.8lbs by Victor Biryukov. So yeah, I don't believe you were pushing squatting records back in high school weighing 185 without training at the level of a pro.

If you're saying you benched 280 in high school weighing 185, I'm also skeptical about that. There's very few high school guys who can push close to the 300 range, and when they do, it's extremely impressive.

Benching 280 at 185lbs at 18 years old is not that difficult if you have been training for 4 years and eating right, especially if you're on a cycle.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for adding muscle? Yes.

Taste good? Fuck no.

I've tried just about every protein there is (spending a lot of money in the process) and I quite honestly hate the taste of all of them unless I mix it with so much stuff that I can no longer taste it anymore.

My cousin uses that protein shit. I remember he had one, don't know the brand, but it was a cookies and cream flavor, and it tasted pretty damn good.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin uses that protein shit. I remember he had one, don't know the brand, but it was a cookies and cream flavor, and it tasted pretty damn good.

I've tried just about every flavor and brand and they all tasted disgusting to me unless I mixed it with tons of shit.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benching 280 at 185lbs at 18 years old is not that difficult if you have been training for 4 years and eating right, especially if you're on a cycle.
I didn't say it was impossible for an 18 year old to bench 280. There's guys that young who can bench a lot more. But for the average 18 year old guy, it would take fairly serious dedication to lifting to bench 280 with proper form. Hence, why I said I was skeptical, but could believe it as possibly true. What really made me skeptical is his 600lb squat claim. I don't care if he weighed 185 or 225, I don't believe he ever came close to 600. When I called him out on the squat, he went on to say it meant nothing to him, and that he doesn't care if people believe him. For a more practical example of why that's obvious bullshit, Adrian Peterson is said to have a squat max of 540lbs. I don't believe an 18 year old kid who lifted to help supplement his wrestling, but wasn't super serious about power lifting, out squatted Adrian Peterson of today by 55lbs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was serious about my lifting. It made me better at what the actual goal was. Winning.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried just about every flavor and brand and they all tasted disgusting to me unless I mixed it with tons of shit.
That's the thing though, it's not about taste. The concept of a protein shake tasting especially good doesn't make any sense anyway. There's a reason they make normal shakes, smoothies, candy bars, ect. with sugar as their primary source for the desired flavor rather than protein.

The taste can depend on brand as well as flavor. Personally, the most tolerable protein shake flavor to me has been chocolate across the board. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is my favorite, because it's pretty good quality, and doesn't mix nearly as thick as most other brands, so you can chug it relatively easily. The key to drinking protein shakes while keeping unnecessary calories low isn't to try to mask the taste so much as it is to learn to slam them and get it over with. I don't even see the point of mixing tons of extra shit with them usually anyway, because like you said, they still don't taste very good.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was serious about my lifting. It made me better at what the actual goal was. Winning.

Shhhhh

That's not allowed anymore in Liberal America, we're all winners.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool and everything, but don't go around posting e-stats about how you squatted 600 and expect to be taken seriously by anyone with any sort of knowledge or experience in making power lifting practically a lifestyle. I'd be surprised if you actually ever even squatted 400 in high school, let alone 600. You brought it up, so don't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. I don't care what you think about it; it was relevant to my point so I mentioned it.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. I don't care what you think about it; it was relevant to my point so I mentioned it.
I'm only giving you a forewarning that you shouldn't be touting obvious bullshit stats around those who would know better. You'd be humiliated if you tried to tell legitimate power lifters in person, or probably even body builders for that matter, that you used to squat 600 raw in high school without powerful steroids and power lifting wasn't your primary focus for fitness.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it bro! You're strapped.

:rolleyes2:
I think it's funny that you're sarcastically attacking me (or at least I assume it was directed at me - you didn't specify) when I never posted any e-stats, while the guy I was questioning posted obvious nonsense. I never once mentioned any personal lifting accomplishments, simply called bullshit when I saw it from someone else. I also provided several examples that demonstrated why his claims were exaggerated, and there was never a defense to be seen in the face of those examples.

Guess what, I'm actually a better QB than Peyton Manning, I just decided to quit football after high school. You believe me, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only giving you a forewarning that you shouldn't be touting obvious bullshit stats around those who would know better. You'd be humiliated if you tried to tell legitimate power lifters in person, or probably even body builders for that matter, that you used to squat 600 raw in high school without powerful steroids and power lifting wasn't your primary focus for fitness.

A guy with 200 posts, is warning a guy with 11k+ posts, on what and what not to say.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with 200 posts, is warning a guy with 11k+ posts, on what and what not to say.
I must have missed the memo that said having over 11k posts on a sports forum made you cool and made your opinions more valid than anyone elses's despite how stupid what you say is. You must be pretty proud to be over 3,500, eh?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed the memo that said having over 11k posts on a sports forum made you cool and made your opinions more valid than anyone elses's despite how stupid what you say is. You must be pretty proud to be over 3,500, eh?

Well, I am approaching the milestone 5,000. When I hit that, it will be a proud moment in my SportsHoopla career, yes.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am approaching the milestone 5,000. When I hit that, it will be a proud moment in my SportsHoopla career, yes.
I am happy for you and support your goal of getting to 5k posts on the board. With hard work and dedication, you might even rank near the top post counts with the best of them one day.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for you and support your goal of getting to 5k posts on the board. With hard work and dedication, you might even rank near the top post counts with the best of them one day.

I'm just hoping that when the day comes to hang up the cleats, the SportsHoopla community will look back at my career, and say "that was a guy who gave it his all, a guy who played the game the right way, a true winner, and an even better SportsHoopla person"

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping that when the day comes to hang up the cleats, the SportsHoopla community will look back at my career, and say "that was a guy who gave it his all, a guy who played the game the right way, a true winner, and an even better SportsHoopla person"
If you continue with your current stats, you should be a lock for the SportsHoopla Hall of Fame. I have faith in you to make it happen and will express my support when the voting happens for your first year of eligibility post retirement for the Hall.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GNC being a Pittsburgh company helps. You can basically name your own price at their waterfront and Edgewood store as they are basically tester stores.

for the stuff i wanted they only sell in greentree and bridgeville because they are franchise stores, and can carry things main stores dont. otherwise its online only from gnc