• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proj 53 Man Roster (Post TB game)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB... Without trade interest, that's going to be the result. For as good as Hodges has looked, he's still not going to get the adequate approval from his coaches to move ahead of anyone above him. He's fighting a losing battle in that scenario regardless of how good he plays.

WR... Went with the popular consensus. But its true. Holton & Spencer have to walk on water throughout preseason. Spencer is a decent player with amazing speed, but he dropped a lot of balls in practices. Doesn't scream confidence. Holton intrigues me the most. I'd like to see him get reps with the 1st team O.

OL... Based on the TB game, he's spot on. Banner & FJ were the "best of the rest" in the depth. At least they looked the most consistent. Chuks is the guy to keep an eye on. He needs to improve at LT before I feel good about his position on the 53.

Also worth noting...

CSW over Gentry at TE. Love it. Been beating that dead horse since Gentry was drafted. Need that trench-worker in the group. McDonald is more than capable in that area, but you're handicapping the offense by doing so because Vance is a playmaker in the receiving game.

No Smith at LB... That would be disappointing to say the least. But UG3 is earning his spot. I just don't see how they can hide Smith on the PS. I'd much rather carry 8 O-lineman and keep Smith on-board. Barron is making the 53 even if he doesn't appear to be earning the spot. But its hard not to think they overpaid for him when he looked out of position most of the TB game.

Bye Marcus Allen... Agree with him here. Always get the feeling that he is overhyped. Even prior to them drafting him I thought it was ludicrous he was being mocked in the 1st & 2nd rounds. Not much about his game tape looked worthy. He's a hard worker and good locker room guy, but he appears to have a low ceiling as a football player. I used to think Dangerfield was going to the wayside, but Allen has been quiet all camp. Not sure which route they will go at this position, but it does appear that Kelly has made enough noise to stick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB... Without trade interest, that's going to be the result. For as good as Hodges has looked, he's still not going to get the adequate approval from his coaches to move ahead of anyone above him. He's fighting a losing battle in that scenario regardless of how good he plays.

WR... Went with the popular consensus. But its true. Holton & Spencer have to walk on water throughout preseason. Spencer is a decent player with amazing speed, but he dropped a lot of balls in practices. Doesn't scream confidence. Holton intrigues me the most. I'd like to see him get reps with the 1st team O.

OL... Based on the TB game, he's spot on. Banner & FJ were the "best of the rest" in the depth. At least they looked the most consistent. Chuks is the guy to keep an eye on. He needs to improve at LT before I feel good about his position on the 53.

Also worth noting...

CSW over Gentry at TE. Love it. Been beating that dead horse since Gentry was drafted. Need that trench-worker in the group. McDonald is more than capable in that area, but you're handicapping the offense by doing so because Vance is a playmaker in the receiving game.

No Smith at LB... That would be disappointing to say the least. But UG3 is earning his spot. I just don't see how they can hide Smith on the PS. I'd much rather carry 8 O-lineman and keep Smith on-board. Barron is making the 53 even if he doesn't appear to be earning the spot. But its hard not to think they overpaid for him when he looked out of position most of the TB game.

Bye Marcus Allen... Agree with him here. Always get the feeling that he is overhyped. Even prior to them drafting him I thought it was ludicrous he was being mocked in the 1st & 2nd rounds. Not much about his game tape looked worthy. He's a hard worker and good locker room guy, but he appears to have a low ceiling as a football player. I used to think Dangerfield was going to the wayside, but Allen has been quiet all camp. Not sure which route they will go at this position, but it does appear that Kelly has made enough noise to stick.

QB...I expect Dobbs to hang on to the #2 role for least one more game...if he plays well again, I feel like someone will be calling...still feel like a trade will happen.

WR...yes, he did. I like 6 overall. He feels Rogers/Switz are safe. That's 3 slot sized WRs with Johnson. Spencer would be 4 so I don't think he will make it...possibly another trade here Holton, and Tevin Jones are making some noise....lot of options for 6 jobs.

OL...I'm a little surprised that Chuks looked iffy in the TB game...but he's got him along with Banner and Fred Johnson, a rookie out of FL making the 53. Hawkins, Gray and Morris...no. I don't see Hawkins overtaking Chuks.

TE...I've been seeing your views on CSW...Gentry did catch a TD, but more than one has talked about his blocking or lack of blocking.

LB...yeah, I like carrying 10 LBs total. Where to cut one? With Buggs being mostly a DE, McCullers will make it to have a back up at each DL position to total 6....I guess OL is probably where I would go 8 instead of 9.

4th S...Maybe Dangerfield makes it, but I still think it's 50/50 between him and Allen...reason being...Kelly has looked good as a FS. Allen is more of a box S...with Barron being kinda in no mans land, I still see them keeping 4.