• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Wrestling podcasts

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One I have discovered recently was on my ESPN Radio app on my phone and tablet. It is called Cheap Heat.

Cheap Heat - ESPN

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cheap Heat's great. I listen every week. Shoemaker's articles are really smart too

I listen to Jim Ross's podcast if I'm a fan of that week's guest. Same with SCSA'S podcast.

PWTorch has a few podcasts I listen to every week.

That probably sounds excessive but I work a cubicle job so I need them to get me through the day

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap Heat is the only one I listen to. In fact, that and Shoemaker's Grantland articles are what really got me paying attention again to wrestling on a more week to week basis. Before that, I'd maybe casually drop in every few weeks or so depending on if absolutely nothing else was on.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't listened to SCSA podcast until the other day. It is a podcast that I really like. I like how his podcast is one that talks about history of pro wrestling and not his opinion of what is happening. It has a "Legends of Wrestling" feel to it.

I haven't listened to JR's podcast very much. I think I like Cheap Heat better, but I also haven't listened to that much of JR's. It just seems like Cheap Heat is easier to listen to.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Today was the best Cheap Heat yet imo. Samoa Joe and MVP both gave great interviews. Recommended if you're a fan of either wrestler

Last edited by a moderator:

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick with The Don Tony and Kevin Castle Show and Wrestling Soup

dcten

Riot Nrrd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't listened to Cheap Heat yet, but I do like Shoemaker's writing on wrestling. Reminds me of Scott Bowden when he used to write regularly about wrestling, though Bowden covered more history.

SCSA (both the family friendly and Unleashed versions) podcasts are pretty good. Ditto JR's. I've really been digging some of the legends he's talked to recently (Magnum TA, Stan Hansen, Bill Watts). I also enjoy his take on the current product.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun watching SCSA's Unleash podcast today as he commentates his match vs The Rock in WM17 while watching the match.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With ESPN pulling the plug on Grantland I wonder what happens to Cheap Heat and Masked Man. I'd really like to see them get their own show on the WWE network.. not very likely though

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With ESPN pulling the plug on Grantland I wonder what happens to Cheap Heat and Masked Man. I'd really like to see them get their own show on the WWE network.. not very likely though

Been following Rosenberg and Stat Guy Greg on Twitter (Shoemaker isn't that active). Best I can tell, the status is up in the air. Rosenberg has been retweeting a fan petition to "save cheap heat". There's been no official announcement so far. I suppose ESPN could keep it if its popular enough and Rosenberg is an ESPN employee (he's now a co-host with Michael Kay I think).

Worse come to worse, I see no reason why they couldn't do it on their own under a new name. Rosenberg has access to all the recording equipment he needs from Hot 97.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Cheap Heat returned to ESPN last week. Just search "cheap heat" on the main page and it'll take you to the podcast page.

Also, Shoemaker has a new article up over there as well:

A pro wrestler's guide to survival

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I listened to the new Cheap Heat episodes. Not sure I agree with them strongly defending the Reid Flair angle, but good having them back anyway. I wonder if Masked Man gets some TV time when ESPN covers WM.. I know Coachman is making it sound like they'll be legitimate coverage