• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: Colts vs Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but why do they force the Hawks to have there "SEASON HOME OPENER" almost always in week 2 or week 3 of the season? I would rather see it set up 1 road 1 home to start the season for every team either home or road first doesn't matter in the first 2 games. As far as Denver and Chicago go whats wrong with playing either Denver or Chicago one week later and flop it with the Home game against Dallas in week 3? you think it's going to make a HUGE difference in the weather? LMAO!
No, of course I don't think 1 week difference will be some amazing weather change, though I didnt come close to saying that...and that wasnt my point at all. We can't have the schedule exactly how we want it. Is opening with 2 straight on the road ideal? I guess not, but it couldve turned out way worse. I would rather have it like this than going to Denver & Chicago in Dec when it could be a blizzard, bitterly cold, or both.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i never said anything about moving the Games to Denver or Chicago in the middle of winter i am just pointing out facts and a "trend" for the Seattle Seahawks more so than other teams in the NFL. The More you type the more it seems you just like to read what you wrote i think lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i never said anything about moving the Games to Denver or Chicago in the middle of winter i am just pointing out facts and a "trend" for the Seattle Seahawks more so than other teams in the NFL. The More you type the more it seems you just like to read what you wrote i think lol.
No, if you just take one moment to make an attempt not to be obtuse, you'll realize my point was that it could be a lot worse...so I won't waste too much time bitching about starting off with 2 games on the road against average to below average teams in locations where the weather could be terrible for nearly half the season but won't be when we play there. It's not that hard. For most of us I guess.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, if you just take one moment to make an attempt not to be obtuse, you'll realize my point was that it could be a lot worse...so I won't waste too much time bitching about starting off with 2 games on the road against average to below average teams in locations where the weather could be terrible for nearly half the season but won't be when we play there. It's not that hard. For most of us I guess.

I think you just don't understand my post, i don't get what you don't understand. i was just talking about a trend and how it effects the Hawks more so than other teams then you wanted to say it could be worse. Well actually it really couldn't because then it would be so OBVIOUS something was wrong. 9 home 17 on the road worse than that and even people who HATE the hawks would say wow look at this 3 times in 26 years they have had a home game to start the season :O!

Thankfully the Hawks get 6 out of 9 at home to end the season and 4 out of the last 5.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the award for making a mountain out of a molehill award goes to....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMR!! Congratz

I just brought up something interesting and you just had to escalate it lol.
I think everyone else decides if what you say is interesting. And I didn't escalate anything. Just offered a different viewpoint. Not sure what the big deal is.

We could begin every season on the road, doesn't really matter to me. Seems with you it's more about emotion than anything else.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone else decides if what you say is interesting. And I didn't escalate anything. Just offered a different viewpoint. Not sure what the big deal is.

We could begin every season on the road, doesn't really matter to me. Seems with you it's more about emotion than anything else.

again escalation, whats your issue are you just always a turd?

I thought it was kind of interesting and it doesn't matter if you or NO ONE else does because i DID. I mean HELL some people don't think the fact that some nebula are made out of alcohol is interesting but some people do. So we are all just supposed to only find things interesting if they are also interesting to everyone else? WTF lmao

I post a interesting fact and you think it's some kind of vendetta. WOW

what part of "Just wanted to share that, Thought it was kind of interesting." did you not understand?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vendetta.

Heh.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMR, who knew you were such an internet badass?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again escalation, whats your issue are you just always a turd?

I thought it was kind of interesting and it doesn't matter if you or NO ONE else does because i DID. I mean HELL some people don't think the fact that some nebula are made out of alcohol is interesting but some people do. So we are all just supposed to only find things interesting if they are also interesting to everyone else? WTF lmao

I post a interesting fact and you think it's some kind of vendetta. WOW

what part of "Just wanted to share that, Thought it was kind of interesting." did you not understand?
It seems you're rarely able to have a debate or disagreement with someone without getting emotional and reverting to name calling and such, but I'm the turd? Heh, ok. Rock on.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMR, who knew you were such an internet badass?
I'm starting up the internet version of the Hell's Angels.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems you're rarely able to have a debate or disagreement with someone without getting emotional and reverting to name calling and such, but I'm the turd? Heh, ok. Rock on.

Debate about what? there is nothing to debate here. It's a FACT that the Hawks have had 9 home games to start the season in the past 26 years. It's a fact that 5 times in that same time span and 2 times in the past 4 years they have not had their home opener till week three. This wasn't a debate it was just a interesting fact that for some reason you wanted to bitch about ...

you didn't find it interesting fine then move on. You find it not worth mentioning then fine don't mention it and move on.
:L

Also the only emotion i have right now is bewilderment. But i guess you are pissed off or something.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate about what? there is nothing to debate here. It's a FACT that the Hawks have had 9 home games to start the season in the past 26 years. It's a fact that 5 times in that same time span and 2 times in the past 4 years they have not had their home opener till week three. This wasn't a debate it was just a interesting fact that for some reason you wanted to bitch about ...

you didn't find it interesting fine then move on. You find it not worth mentioning then fine don't mention it and move on.
:L
Facts are only useful if you understand what they mean or why they're significant. You offered some facts. Congrats on that. I offered what I thought was or wasn't significant about them. Not. that. hard.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are only useful if you understand what they mean or why they're significant. You offered some facts. Congrats on that. I offered what I thought was or wasn't significant about them. Not. that. hard.

What does 9 home games out of 26 mean? it means you spend more time on the road, What does having a week three home opener mean? it means you have a better chance at being 0-2 than 2-0 when you have your home opener. What does being 2-0 mean compared to 0-2. 0-2 teams have a 10% chance to make the playoffs on average. 2-0 means almost a 60% chance to make the playoffs. Historically home teams win 57%-60% of the time at home.

and you are right. Not. That. Hard.