• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 3 thread

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lion’s offense will be hard to deal with. I think they have some pieces that will give them a lot of advantages across the board. The vets and the young guys should compliment each other well this season.

By now, it should be blatantly obvious why Broyles wont make this team. He presents nothing special. Fuller, on the other hand, had two great plays last night. On the TD to Tate, he cleared the safeties over the top in the middle of the field, giving Tate the one-on-one match-up. Plays like that will be hard for teams to control.

Somehow, the Lions have to find a way to get Zenner some action on Sunday.

Though, there’s only so many balls to go around, the Lions have reinstalled that TE screen for the TEs and Pettigrew should see more targets.

I think the depth at WR and RB is insane right now. Although I don’t like Bell that much, I think he fits nicely with what the team has. Should be exciting to see what that group can do. Salas and Jones won’t stay on the practice squad long if that’s where they end up.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly believe that I'm so slow, stupid, dumb, ignorant, after having been around for decades, that I have no clue about the coaches use of a very vanilla offense/defense schemes in pre-season games.

I guess I should have stated the above before making any other statements.

You see, I gave everyone the benefit of doubt automatically in here, that the pre-season games are exactly that.

not being an ass, but my thong/panties just got in a bunch while reading this one particular line.

yeah, I guess I am perceived as the dumbest one.

I do admit to mis-interpreting many times what has been stated though.

:suds:

OOOOOOKAYYYY!!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Whitehead play well last night?

Thought it strange he was out there on the last drive. But saw him get a nice lick in.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don’t like Bell that much, I think he fits nicely with any team other than the Lions. Should be exciting to see what that group of ZZ, AA, Riddick, Winn and Burton can do.

:fify:

I'm a :nutswing:on ZZ and AA...plus Riddick and Burton too.

Win doesn't possess the same receiving hands and skill-set as Bell but Winn does play better than average on ST.

I won't be missing Bell, at all. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you are this way but oh well. Ebron didnt play and Im sure it was planned that way. Im sure you will be eating crow once the season starts.

You accepting the lifetime avatar bet then?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd peddle Bell for a 5th or 6th rounder if the offer was there.

I was being somewhat realistic with my, "I'd take a 6th or 7th round draft pick at the mid-season trade deadline," mostly due to how I think Mayhew and Caldwell may feel more comfortable with Bell at the Helm to start the season out, than to rely on 3 rookies in ZZ, AA and Burton. I'm good with the rookies starting from game 1 though.

I would most definitely accept your 5th or 6th rounder whether it be before the reg season begins or prior to the trade deadline. I would Prefer before the reg season started.

I look at it this way regarding the possible trading of Bell. He was a UDFA so picking up any 2016 draft pick helps to a certain degree. Obviously, the earlier the round of pick, the better potential lies within that player to be drafted.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:...... uuummmmm.. Hell to the NO

1. I ain't down like that. not part of the LBGT club
2. nothing you need to see here
3. If you were Penelope Cruz or Eva Mendes or Selma Hayek or a nekked McKayla Maroney you'd have a shot

:suds:

1. Even they turned you down? Sorry to hear that. Don't take it personally.
2. Amen, LOL.
3. You know I will have naked McKayla pics at some point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Even they turned you down? Sorry to hear that. Don't take it personally. i never do
2. Amen, LOL. you ain't a kidding
3. You know I will have naked McKayla pics at some point. you think i might have read sumptin on nsfw

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly enjoyed the day and a half or so that you posted like a normal human being.
I was thinking the exact same thing about you. Your posts were normal for a minute there; you went almost two full days without attacking you own team!

Then Jacksonville moves the ball on us- with huge help from the refs (what else is new?) and without the benefit of our starting D-line- and you go right back to freaking out like an unstable little girl.

I think you just have to face the facts and realize that you don't understand how to be a good fan. It's as simple as that. Fans aren't supposed to hate their own team they root for and you're not supposed to hope they lose and generally do terrible. You CLEARLY want the Lions to do poorly, which is beyond fucked up for a fan to do.

And I'll tell you it's pretty confusing to the rest of us as to the few of you that put forth all the effort here and stay so informed on the Lions, only to want them to do poorly because Suh isn't a Lion any more, or because you don't agree with every decesion the GM makes, or because you make up these koo-koo reasons in your head to hate individual players for no reason whatsoever. It makes no sense to claim to be a fan of a team and then turn around and display a clear disdain for said team. All this self-sabotage stuff you guys exhibit is not normal, or healthy, behavior, fyi...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you are this way but oh well. Ebron didnt play and Im sure it was planned that way. Im sure you will be eating crow once the season starts.
Haha, good one.

Just like he's been humbled and is eating crow this whole offseason because he insisted that we were going to suck last year and predicted we'd be 5-11?

Nah, there's no eating crow with this guy- all that outlandish shit he says is gone and forgotten forever in his own mind the second he's wrong. However, if any of that shit he's slinging at the wall actually sticks he'll campaign on that for months and months.

The dude is koo-koo for cocopuffs and loves to hate the Lions more than anything else in the world.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You accepting the lifetime avatar bet then?
See what I mean about the koo-koo for cocopuffs stuff?!

These nonsense bets are his life-blood. My take is that he constantly has to re-affirm his manhood to himself and somehow getting someone to accept pointless bets help satiate that desire...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the exact same thing about you. Your posts were normal for a minute there; you went almost two full days without attacking you own team!

It makes no sense to claim to be a fan of a team and then turn around and display a clear disdain for said team. All this self-sabotage stuff you guys exhibit is not normal, or healthy, behavior, fyi...

I love the Lions, dude. Wish I had the same youthful glee you do for them. You got legit excited about the battle for the 5th defense end for Christ sake! lol a God bless you. I'm jealous.

Been in love w the Lions since I was a wee mite. Just getting old now and becoming like all the other old Lions fans, tired of waiting.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean about the koo-koo for cocopuffs stuff?!

These nonsense bets are his life-blood. My take is that he constantly has to re-affirm his manhood to himself and somehow getting someone to accept pointless bets help satiate that desire...

Already have two going. Just for fun, buddy.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Lions, dude. Wish I had the same youthful glee you do for them. You got legit excited about the battle for the 5th defense end for Christ sake! lol a God bless you. I'm jealous.

Been in love w the Lions since I was a wee mite. Just getting old now and becoming like all the other old Lions fans, tired of waiting.

I have fans? Cool!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say that, but your actions don't support it whatsoever.

Nobody is more joyful than you are every time a player misses an assignment, gets burned, we get scored on, Stafford throws an INT, we lose, one of our guys gets arrested, etc. You love that shit and make post after post about it.

Yet, when we're doing well, you never seem to post about that. We were 11-5 last season, but you'd never know that listening to your bitchy diatribe all offseason. You'd think we had the #1 overall pick and didn't win a game based on your posting.

I guess I believe you when you say you Love the Lions- I'm sure you probably really think you do, but, like I said, I think you just don't quite understand how you're supposed to do that. Being exceptionally critical and hating everything the team does isn't how you're supposed to be doing it...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already have two going. Just for fun, buddy.
Just for fun?!

The way you're bullying and badgering everyone and anyone who crosses you on the boards lately into these bets of yours is not "just for fun." Nice try, though.

Clearly these bets fill some inner need you have for domination, or control, or whatever shit is going on in your head as you hound other posters to make bets with you.

Much like your "I absolutely despise everything about this team I'm a fan of" approach to the Lions, this crazy instance on pointless bets is also not normal.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have fans? Cool!!
Yeah, and we're tired of waiting!

(I'm not sure what exactly it is I'm waiting for. But Zenner being announced as a starter would be a big step step in the right direction.)