• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, 8/13, 8pm EST, 2016

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn did had some chemistry going but it was working with the 2's and 3's who he's been practicing with.

You know my boy SEAN Mannion will be carrying a cotdam clipboard all year again when the team can't even spell his first name right...

We @ the Vikings are more than willing to trade a 1st round draft pick of like taken for Sean, whatever cash the Rams have invested and perhaps a player to be named (correctly spelled) at a latter date for this QB kid out of Oregon State.

Think about that trade offer @Vitamike

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know my boy SEAN Mannion will be carrying a cotdam clipboard all year again when the team can't even spell his first name right...
Simple typo Walase, I had Mannion's name spelled correctly in the same post and all over this thread.

One good outing vs the Cowboys' 3's and some of the most vanilla of defenses is way too premature to call Sean the starter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We @ the Vikings are more than willing to trade a 1st round draft pick of like taken for Sean, whatever cash the Rams have invested and perhaps a player to be named (correctly spelled) at a latter date for this QB kid out of Oregon State.

Think about that trade offer @Vitamike

If that had been a true trade offer, Mannion might already be a Viking.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Mannion when Goff needs another year and Keenum isn't going to workout long term, we'd be adding insult to injury for giving up the farm for Goff in the first place when we didn't even know what we have in Mannion.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Mannion when Goff needs another year and Keenum isn't going to workout long term, we'd be adding insult to injury for giving up the farm for Goff in the first place when we didn't even know what we have in Mannion.
Our QB's are set and we have the best trio of QB's that I can remember.

Goff is our de facto starter. I doubt he sits more than 4 or 5 games much less a year, whether Keenum does well or not.

Case and Sean are solid No. 2's at this point and nobody is going anywhere this year. The Rams will put all three on the 53 man roster.

Now for next year we need to figure out if we will be keeping Case or not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but if there was an offer of a 1st rounder + a player, that's a pretty steep of offer to turn down. Maybe that player would be Shaun Hill (Vikes current backup).

It's all moot, because it's not a real offer of course.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, went on a float trip this weekend unexpectedly did we lose anybody?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. WR Marquez left with a significant ankle injury.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'm on the Sean Mannion bandwagon! Its pretty obvious that Jarod Goff cant even play under center right now! He is playing out of the shotgun 90% of the time! That just tells me that they are just running a vanilla offense! He needs more time to learn the playbook, let alone the speed of the game! Give Mannion the DAMM BALL! Lets hope he's the real deal!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is gonna to sit most of the year and that is not a bad thing for the team or him.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! If Jeff Fisher starts Jarod Goff this year he will get Bulgerized quick! Mannion... IMO is far more ready than Goff! Plus Mannion has an awesome quick release! This is what we need behind this o-line!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Goff sits too long. (Have you guys seen Hard Knocks?) These guys are gushing all over this kid. And by saying these guys I'm not talking about the coaching staff, they seem the most tempered of the bunch, I'm talking about his teammates and everyone else.

I just hope he sits until game 5, let Case go through the early divisional games so we don't have Rookie QB mistakes that could decide the fate of our divisional chances.

Case has looked real good against the Cowboys and Indians No. 1's, just two incompletes and one was a pure drop. He's had two TD scoring drives in 4 or 5 possessions.

Maybe Mannion does well enough vs the No. 1's but if Case keeps up an 80% plus completion rate and with the OL road grading for Gurley, Goff may sit longer than week 5, but he starts this season, no matter what. The only scenario that I could see is if Case continues to play as he has in the preseason and then the Rams go undefeated deep into the season. I mean how do you pull a QB pulling that off?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Goff sits too long. (Have you guys seen Hard Knocks?) These guys are gushing all over this kid. And by saying these guys I'm not talking about the coaching staff, they seem the most tempered of the bunch, I'm talking about his teammates and everyone else.

I just hope he sits until game 5, let Case go through the early divisional games so we don't have Rookie QB mistakes that could decide the fate of our divisional chances.

Case has looked real good against the Cowboys and Indians No. 1's, just two incompletes and one was a pure drop. He's had two TD scoring drives in 4 or 5 possessions.

Maybe Mannion does well enough vs the No. 1's but if Case keeps up an 80% plus completion rate and with the OL road grading for Gurley, Goff may sit longer than week 5, but he starts this season, no matter what. The only scenario that I could see is if Case continues to play as he has in the preseason and then the Rams go undefeated deep into the season. I mean how do you pull a QB pulling that off?

I have only watched episode 1 on hard knocks! I have been busy! I hope to see #2 shortly! It just looks as though Goff just doesn't know the playbook yet!