• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, 8/13, 8pm EST, 2016

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's true but I'd still rather have guys that give me max effort out there on every play over guys that are just going through the motions for a paycheck.

That is what we have been lacking for years even with Fisher. No fire and Mannion showed that fire tonight!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what we have been lacking for years even with Fisher. No fire and Mannion showed that fire tonight!
I think the defense has shown it quite a bit but I haven't seen it out of the offense since maybe the GSOT days (feel free to disagree) from what I can recall.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's true but I'd still rather have guys that give me max effort out there on every play over guys that are just going through the motions for a paycheck.

Are you claiming Goff was just going through the motions, or the receivers? He was 4-9 with 2 drops (one at that would've put them in position to score) and was pulled by his coach after banging up his non-throwing shoulder. He's obviously comfortable with Higbee, but the other drafted rookie WRs were shaky and unreliable, much like the vet WRs for the most part.

As far as the receivers, I'd like to see some of these guys at least get time with the second team. Austin really needs to show this year or find a new home.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was a tad nervous on his first couple of throws but once he settled, he played well and displayed his strong arm. If the WR makes the catch on the deep ball the Rams would have scored.

A year of seasoning and he'll be that much better.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you claiming Goff was just going through the motions, or the receivers? He was 4-9 with 2 drops (one at that would've put them in position to score) and was pulled by his coach after banging up his non-throwing shoulder. He's obviously comfortable with Higbee, but the other drafted rookie WRs were shaky and unreliable, much like the vet WRs for the most part.

As far as the receivers, I'd like to see some of these guys at least get time with the second team. Austin really needs to show this year or find a new home.
It looked like a bit of both to me. Not all of what happened was Goff's fault of course. Higbee looked like a veteran out there that's been in the league for years.
I'd add Quick and Britt along with Austin that I wouldn't mind seeing a change of address so to speak.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too UVA. Britt, and Quick are done here. Austin needs to step it up or they should send him packing. Cooper could take his place. We have two excellent TEs in Harkey and Higbee and we could insert Cunningham for depth. That means the Rams should cut Kendricks to create more cap space.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was a good win and I am out. See everyone next week for Week Two of the preseason against the Chiefs in LA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the aftermath, Goff and Spruce suffered some minor injuries. Apparently Mannion's appearance was a result of Goff getting hurt because Fisher had no plans in playing Mannion. Dumb sonofabitch got pleasantly surprised and now he has a conundrum on his hands. Ten-to-one he'll eff this emerging QB "problem" up.

Rams rookies Jared Goff, Nelson Spruce banged up in win over Cowboys

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cowboy defense is not that good. I liked what I saw from Mannion, Brown, Green and a few others. WRs need to get better. G Rob just can't pass block plain and simple.

Goff didn't take 1 snap behind center. He's not even close to being ready. After his 1st series of getting crushed, he faced prevent at the end of the 2nd half so that's why he looked better.

Dak Prescott looked dam good for the Cowboys.

Preseason man..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like a bit of both to me. Not all of what happened was Goff's fault of course. Higbee looked like a veteran out there that's been in the league for years.
I'd add Quick and Britt along with Austin that I wouldn't mind seeing a change of address so to speak.

I didn't really want Britt back when they re-signed him. Quick hasn't shown anything since the injury unfortunately. It would suck to let some of these UDFAs go, only to see them latch on and succeed elsewhere. Duke didn't get a lot of opportunity, but was at least a willing blocker out there, enabling a couple of good plays as a result. Spruce looked very good. McRoberts showed some nice hands. I didn't see much of North, did he get in there? Cooper had a few moments, but unfortunately got separated from that Goff pass inside the 10. Thomas had several drops, need to see better out of him.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher should now sit Goff and play Mannion keeping Keenum for a back-up.

It aint rocket science...Mannion's college numbers far out-perform either of the other two Ram QBs. It was just a matter of time and hard work w/ the Ram coaches before Shaun excelled. The guy's arm is accurate and strong (see those short out throws and up throws on the final two drives last night).

Looking forward to watching the LA Rams this coming year...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree mrwallace2ku. Mannion displayed a lot on both of those drives especially the response he got from his teammates. Granted it was thirds on thirds but let's put him with the firsts this week and see if anything changes.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cowboy defense is not that good. I liked what I saw from Mannion, Brown, Green and a few others. WRs need to get better. G Rob just can't pass block plain and simple.

Goff didn't take 1 snap behind center. He's not even close to being ready. After his 1st series of getting crushed, he faced prevent at the end of the 2nd half so that's why he looked better.

Dak Prescott looked dam good for the Cowboys.

Preseason man..

Yup, all that offseason work Grob supposedly put in seems to have amounted to nothing. He looks to be the same...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys that I thought looked the best last night were Mannion, Higbee, Spruce and Cunningham on offense. On defense I thought that Easley and Seau were the guys that stood out the most.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree UVA. Add Cam Thomas to that list. He was a big road grader-type in the middle last night that created all sorts of havoc for running lanes and his bull rushes were exquisite either almost getting a sack or driving the QB to another Ram waiting to pounce. He is pretty fast for a 370-lb man as well. IMO, he is a definite keeper.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higbee is going to be a match up nightmare for opposing secondaries. Cam Thomas is all of 370.

I hope Gurley can carry the load and our secondary and Oline get better. Otherwise we may win 5 games.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Spruce keeps it up, Quick might be on the chopping block.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint rocket science...Mannion's college numbers far out-perform either of the other two Ram QBs. It was just a matter of time and hard work w/ the Ram coaches before Shaun excelled. The guy's arm is accurate and strong (see those short out throws and up throws on the final two drives last night).

Looking forward to watching the LA Rams this coming year...

It Has more to do with Mannion sitting for 1 year in the NFL and watching, after 4 years in college than their PAC 12 stats. That adjustment is much harder for Goff as a rookie. Mannion looked clueless a lot last year much like Goff will at times this year.

Tim Tebow's college stats were stupid good but that doesn't mean he's gonna be a starting QB in the NFL.
Might as well call the PAC 12 the arena league of college football. Not a lot of solid defenses in that league, it's way more of offensive

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Spruce has a sprained knee and will be out a week or two. Terrible timing for him.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Spruce has a sprained knee and will be out a week or two. Terrible timing for him.
Damn, that sucks. Hope that this won't affect his chances of a roster spot.