• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, 8/13, 8pm EST, 2016

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun Vita.:nod:

I'll be looking for you on the Big Screen!

Have fun Vita the place will be packed...get there early!

Still lookin' for Vita. Haven't seen him yet!

Still didn't see Vita but I am sure he had a great time.

Loving how some of the fans don't seem to want to leave...Looking for VITA on TV!!!
Thanks for all the love Y'all!

We had a great time!

You know, I have taken public transportation all over (New York, England, Italy, Spain, Germany even South Africa) but the public transportation in LA has historically been sketchy, so I've always stayed away here at home but over the last 10 years we've spent a lot to upgrade with Metro Rails, Subways and Light Rails, so we decided to give it ago this time around to see if it's an option for the season. Drove 10 minutes to the train station, took the train about an hour to Union Station then another 15 minutes or so on the Subway and light rail that put us right outside the stadium. We left the Inland Empire early around noon (Which is about an hours drive with no traffic) and got there early . Headed for a quick bite at a Carls Jr and then to the liquor store for a couple of tall boys where we caroused the tailgate parking for awhile. We met a lot of very cool people, and had a blast!

Taking the train was a great idea, they have a $10 all day pass on Saturdays and Sundays, and when you consider the cost of gas AND the additional cost of parking anywhere from $80 to $100.... :dingdingding:

One stop on our route to the Stadium was for the LA Live and the Staples area, so I will stopping there for some fine dinning options and adult beverages in the future. Again kind of sketchy on the outskirts of the Coliseum so we'll just need to stop on route rather then spend all the bank at the stadium. They wanted $16 for premium tall boys and with a tip you were out nearly $20 per can, and forget about the high end price and low end quality of the food! LA Live, yes, I will eat and drink in that area!

The game was fun, sure we could have started out better but like I told them few Cowpie fans, they would need that early TD if they wanted a chance to win by games end. Such a prophet! LOL

We hooked up with friends and family all day and ended the final drive in the premium seats (Don't tell anyone, LOL) and watched the go ahead score with some of the best seats in the house!

What a way to end the game!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion is 18/25 for 147 and two TDs. Goff can hold the clipboard this year.
Prior to the trade for Goff, I was all for Sean getting his shot at No. 1 or No. 2. Sean played well against the Cowpies 3rd's but they were running very vanilla defensive schemes unlike the the first and second Cowpie teams. (Probably because the bottom end guys are still learning the defensive systems.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint rocket science...Mannion's college numbers far out-perform either of the other two Ram QBs.
Wallace, dude! You and I have been through this before with Case and Sean.

Mannion's college numbers don't hold a candle to Case Keenum's college numbers.

Player...Com......Att......Pct...Yds.......Yds/Att....TD's....INT's....Rating
Case
Sean.....1,187....1,838...64.6...13,600......7.4.........83........54......135.8
Jared.....977......1,568...62.3...12,195......7.8.........96........30......144.0

As far as Goff is concerned sure he doesn't have quite the numbers but he played 1 less season and still managed more TD's.

But when comparing the two QB's best college seasons, Sean takes a back seat too.....

Player...Com......Att......Pct.....Yds.......Yds/Att....TD's....INT's....Rating
Jared
....341.......529......64.5...4,714........8.9..........43.......13........161.2 ..... (2015)
Sean
.....400.......603......66.3...4,662........7.7..........37.......13........146.6 ..... (2013)

So comparing apples to apples when looking at Sean's college numbers, Sean was far out-preformed by both Rams' QB's brother!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o comparing apples to apples when looking at Sean's college numbers, Sean was far out-preformed by both Rams' QB's brother!

Compare the overall teams that each QB had to work with...Mannion holds a ton of PAC records which Goff never will touch and Case never had to play the caliber of competition Mannion and Goff had to go up against.

I respectively have to disagree with your apples to apples comparison. IF you would like to put Mannion on the trading block, me Vikes would be happy to take the kid off your hands and payroll.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare the overall teams that each QB had to work with...Mannion holds a ton of PAC records which Goff never will touch and Case never had to play the caliber of competition Mannion and Goff had to go up against.

I respectively have to disagree with your apples to apples comparison. IF you would like to put Mannion on the trading block, me Vikes would be happy to take the kid off your hands and payroll.

Goff and Mannion played who exactly? :L Geez man neither of these guys even left the west coast their entire career.

All 3 QBs played in "arena league" football conferences.

Again, Tebow owns SEC records. What does that mean in the NFL? And the SEC is a legit conference that actually plays defense.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wallace, you laid the standard of ...
Mannion's college numbers
So the apples to apples comment just compares their best seasons in college rather than trying to compare the 3 year guy and a 4 year guy's 'college numbers'.

I like the kid, (Would of rather had Brett Hundley myself) But he can play under center, he can make NFL throws and he has great measurables.

I'm glad we have him and I think we see Case Kneenum find a new home next year. The Rams 2017 QB situation will be Goff No. 1 & Sean No. 2.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 QBs played in "arena league" football conferences.

Well IF you had paid attention then you know Mannion got pounded constantly but still could hit his target. Did it w/ absolutely NO wheels under him either. I believe he will be able to play weekly and stay healthy. Time will tell.

Goff will end up half the guy Mannion will be...where ever either ends up playing.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but your a PAC guy Mike...even you know Mannion, for the most part, played on crappy teams w/ 2 decent receivers. The other two guys not so much.
Yes, and you too are a PAC guy Wallace, and even you know how crappy the Cal teams were that he joined.

So I think those things kind of balance out.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff will end up half the guy Mannion will be...where ever either ends up playing.
Both are quality QB's, I think the extra year Mannion has on Goff is what we are seeing, however I think of the two, Goff is the better QB in the long run.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell...I have my good eye open on you Mike. I will call you out on each players progress or lack of.
Good enough.

I do like Sean though, don't know if the staff knows what they really have in him though. Either way, Sean has made it sort of uncomfortable for them at this point.

Case too, may have not had the most yards in Preseason G1 but he did go 6 of 7. Not a bad showing vs the Boys No. 1's.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well IF you had paid attention then you know Mannion got pounded constantly but still could hit his target. Did it w/ absolutely NO wheels under him either. I believe he will be able to play weekly and stay healthy. Time will tell.

Some serious Beaver love from this homer. Mannion is more ready to play now. Key word there is now. Mannion and Goff both played absolutely no one (in their career) east of the the west coast. You are comparing 2 QBs in college that played shit defenses and trying to justify which one will succeed in the NFL by going full blown homer. Truth is only 1 has NFL experience and has faced NFL type competition - that is obviously showing.

Easy on the kool aid and throwing on the beaver speedo. It's week 2 of pre-season

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Mannion this year. He is ready to go I believe. One way to find out is play him with the ones. Sit Goff for a year and he'll eventually be damn good. Play him this year too soon and you risk getting him Bulgerized.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy on the kool aid and throwing on the beaver speedo. It's week 2 of pre-season

lolz...that's a sight you'll have to wait and see for yourself. Can't see myself donning one of those today or in the future.

Got my shades on tho and the future's bright for Mr. Mannion and that rocket for an arm of his.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good outing vs the Cowboys' 3's and some of the most vanilla of defenses is way too premature to call Sean the starter.

Case did go 6 of 7 with a drop vs the Cowboys 1's who were stunting and blitzing. Case also engineered a TD drive against them same No. 1's. Yes he did stall out on the first drive, but they move the ball 11 yards in that 3 and out, just had that ticky-tac false start on Barnes where he rocked the ball while pointing out the OL pickups. (Supposedly a rules emphasis this year). The one drop was to Tavon who would have had the first down on his 3rd series after the TD drive.

I say stay with Case, but give Shawn some time to work with the No. 1's. Shawn did had some chemistry going but it was working with the 2's and 3's who he's been practicing with.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good outing vs the Cowboys' 3's and some of the most vanilla of defenses is way too premature to call Sean the starter.

Case did go 6 of 7 with a drop vs the Cowboys 1's who were stunting and blitzing. Case also engineered a TD drive against them same No. 1's. Yes he did stall out on the first drive, but they move the ball 11 yards in that 3 and out, just had that ticky-tac false start on Barnes where he rocked the ball while pointing out the OL pickups. (Supposedly a rules emphasis this year). The one drop was to Tavon who would have had the first down on his 3rd series after the TD drive.

I say stay with Case, but give Shawn some time to work with the No. 1's. Shawn did had some chemistry going but it was working with the 2's and 3's who he's been practicing with.

To be fair, that Cowboys defense is expected to be terrible this year, especially to start, with all of the suspended players.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that Cowboys defense is expected to be terrible this year, especially to start, with all of the suspended players.
So are you agreeing with me or not, I'm not sure. :noidea:

I think all three QB's looked good myself outside of the drops and early pressures.

To me the OL failed in picking up the stunts and blitzing which only came from the Cowboys 1's and 2's for the most part.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you agreeing with me or not, I'm not sure. :noidea:

I think all three QB's looked good myself outside of the drops and early pressures.

To me the OL failed in picking up the stunts and blitzing which only came from the Cowboys 1's and 2's for the most part.

I'm saying the stunting and blitzing was coming from a weak defense, so it shouldn't have had a great impact. Hard to take much of anything definitive away from game one by itself IMO. Let's see how everyone progresses in game 2.