• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-SummerSlam thread

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Del Rio to TNA more than likely. Supposedly TNA said that they would give him the heavyweight strap immediately after his 90 day no wrestling clause is done with WWE. The days of Bobby Lashley are coming to end, Thank God. Also, Kurt Angle is trying his best to get back to the WWE, but Vince McMahon isn't the biggest fan of Angle. We shall see.

ADR is going to AAA (a Mexican Wrestling Federation run by among others Conan) and is appearing for them at an event this Sunday although there is no word on if he's actually wrestling for them this weekend. ADR make a statement yesterday that AAA is now his home while promoting his appearance this weekend. So, while TNA isn't ruled out it is seems very unlikely if ADR is serious about wanting to stay in Mexico.

If ADR has a 90-day no compete, it would run out after TNA's contract with Spike TV expires in October. His contract with WWE runs out sometime this fall but I'm not sure exactly when. If I were ADR I wouldn't sign with TNA until they either renewed their TV contract with Spike TV or signed another National US TV contract. Especialy oif he has a deal from AAA on the table.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must still be getting paid to the end of his contract, seems like that kind of clause is only after the contract runs out.

No, it usually comes into play when a wrestler is released from their contract early (future endevered). I don't believe that the no compete can exceed the original term of a contract. For example, If ADR's contract with WWE expires on 1 Oct his no compete which would've run til Nov also ends 1 Oct. BUT I'm not lawyer so what do I know???

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it usually comes into play when a wrestler is released from their contract early (future endevered). I don't believe that the no compete can exceed the original term of a contract. For example, If ADR's contract with WWE expires on 1 Oct his no compete which would've run til Nov also ends 1 Oct. BUT I'm not lawyer so what do I know???

not a lawyer either, just seems like when someone gets fired, they have no right to tell them they cannot work elsewhere, where a non compete is when they want him to resign for another year but he says no. I can see if the wrestler quit in the middle of the contract, but fired seems different.

I just thought CM Punk was canned almost right after he signed his new contract, and the reason he has not shown up on another network is they would rather pay him to stay quiet than allow him to leave and cause trouble.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#DOOBlieve

1g0wbc.png

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be legal issues when someone is fired from a contract with a non-compete clause. ADR could say (and would seem to have a legit argument) that they fired him for no good reason and since they didn't hold up their end of the contract, he is no longer obligated to hold up his (and could immediately sign somewhere).

Punk would be held to the clause under most arguments since he left and wasn't fired and his reasons for leaving appear pretty lame (legally): it's not like he was sexually harassed, etc.

We'd have to see the contract though. WWE may have it so that it's clear even in the case of a firing, the non-compete holds.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be legal issues when someone is fired from a contract with a non-compete clause. ADR could say (and would seem to have a legit argument) that they fired him for no good reason and since they didn't hold up their end of the contract, he is no longer obligated to hold up his (and could immediately sign somewhere).

Punk would be held to the clause under most arguments since he left and wasn't fired and his reasons for leaving appear pretty lame (legally): it's not like he was sexually harassed, etc.

We'd have to see the contract though. WWE may have it so that it's clear even in the case of a firing, the non-compete holds.

What was his reason? I haven't heard officially.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the final Smackdown before Summer Slam.

Miz TV has Roman Reigns as the guest.

Reigns has no mic skills, but got Miz in the money maker.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cesaro vs Ambrose…should be good. Sick of Cesaro losing tho.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I'll be rooting for Cena this Sunday :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Reigns really seemed to have connected on the Miz's jaw right there.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate corporate doob and miz doob lol

I actually like them, just wish they weren't used the way they're used. Miz can't be so worried about getting hit in the money maker and Kane can't be corporate.