• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13- We will see when this works. He doesn’t like trade wars unless he is winning which we will.

I will simply touch on this one and tell you why Trumps tariffs will hurt America more than help. China produces goods we want, we dont produce alot that they want. China produces these goods at a lower cost than an American company could or would. So all the tariffs will do is double the cost of your TV which is produced in China. Because as we charge them extra to import it, they will raise the per unit cost, and walmart will raise the cost of that new flat screen you want.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave aid to 184 countries economically. We gave aid militarily to 142 countries. That was 33.2 billion dollars and 96% of the countries on the face of the Earth. Do you believe that is all for influence? Do you really believe we need to influence Israel or England?

Funny...I have participated in some of those missions with no expectation of conversion.

Like I said, America is not just handing out money with no expectation of it being a part of exerting some sort of influence in said naion.

As for those aid missions, were they things like building churches and such?? The next time a see a church outreach that does not come with the tag line.. "do you know Jesus?" will be the first time i have seen that happen.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will simply touch on this one and tell you why Trumps tariffs will hurt America more than help. China produces goods we want, we dont produce alot that they want. China produces these goods at a lower cost than an American company could or would. So all the tariffs will do is double the cost of your TV which is produced in China. Because as we charge them extra to import it, they will raise the per unit cost, and walmart will raise the cost of that new flat screen you want.

Only 15% of America’s goods are imported from China and all the basic types of imports can be easily replaced by other countries or domestically with minimal price increase.

The U.S.-China Economic Relationship: Separating Facts from Myths

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, America is not just handing out money with no expectation of it being a part of exerting some sort of influence in said naion.

As for those aid missions, were they things like building churches and such?? The next time a see a church outreach that does not come with the tag line.. "do you know Jesus?" will be the first time i have seen that happen.

An attempt to start a conversation isn’t the same as an expectation of conversion.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An attempt to start a conversation isn’t the same as an expectation of conversion.

And I would wager, if the church didnt think they could get converts, aid to certain areas would not be as forthcoming.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't willfully keeping out foreigners for no other reason than they are foreigners be against everything America stands for? Wouldn't that be against what the Founding Fathers wanted? That would change America at a very fundamental level.

A level some would label that dare I say, unamerican, or unchristian or un-something if the topic were about making no more guns and the founders would be money all over sudden again for their well armed militia positions.

No longer allowing those around the world the opportunity to come to America. Will change us and not for the better imo. Not in the same way it would hurt us if we allowed the Gov't to take away our guns, but it will hurt us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't willfully keeping out foreigners for no other reason than they are foreigners be against everything America stands for? Wouldn't that be against what the Founding Fathers wanted? That would change America at a very fundamental level.

A level some would label that dare I say, unamerican, or unchristian or un-something if the topic were about making no more guns and the founders would be money all over sudden again for their well armed militia positions.

No longer allowing those around the world the opportunity to come to America. Will change us and not for the better imo. Not in the same way it would hurt us if we allowed the Gov't to take away our guns, but it will hurt us.

In what way?

There was a time when we needed more people. That is why we had immigration.

America wasn’t created for immigrants. It was created because the people in the colonies didn’t feel England represented their interests.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what way?

There was a time when we needed more people. That is why we had immigration.

America wasn’t created for immigrants. It was created because the people in the colonies didn’t feel England represented their interests.

It was also created in part because if a man or woman had a dream. A dream that would never come true where they presently live/were born/raised. They would be welcome here to attempt to achieve that dream and make it come true.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also created in part because if a man or woman had a dream. A dream that would never come true where they presently live/were born/raised. They would be welcome here to attempt to achieve that dream and make it come true.

You mentioned the founding fathers and their intentions. Their intentions were clear and it had zero to do with immigration. Their intentions did include religion and arms but I do not recall an immigration amendment.

The American dream...I never really thought about it u til now but why isn’t it the immigrant dream?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned the founding fathers and their intentions. Their intentions were clear and it had zero to do with immigration. Their intentions did include religion and arms but I do not recall an immigration amendment.

Immigration: The Founding Fathers' View | National Review

The American dream...I never really thought about it u til now but why isn’t it the immigrant dream?

Gotta pump up that only in America vibe, homey, and a lot of the time. It really can only happen in America. And I'm not talkin Saudi princes or Chinese royalty related either. I mean for the common folk who open up a restaurant after saving for 25 years. Or for the youngest of 5 brothers and sisters being the first to go to college. Real mom n dad n apple pie like.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immigration: The Founding Fathers' View | National Review

Gotta pump up that only in America vibe, homey, and a lot of the time. It really can only happen in America. And I'm not talkin Saudi princes or Chinese royalty related either. I mean for the common folk who open up a restaurant after saving for 25 years. Or for the youngest of 5 brothers and sisters being the first to go to college. Real mom n dad n apple pie like.

We are on the same page then. The founders believed in only taking the best and brightest. Those who would assimilate and not mass migration. This is not what we have been doing. We have a lottery system set up, which means pure luck, just for diversity, which goes directly against the words of Madison. We have chain migration, where a really bright person would be able to come in and then bring in his extended family who are not on that level. We have immigrant communities who are not assimilating into American life. We have almost 30% of immigrants dropping out of high school.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or as it has proven to be the case they renegotiate , and we get better deals which the MSM fails to tell you . 142 countries have done so to include china . also they have removed the missiles from the south china sea because of the NOKO summitt , again a fact the MSM ignores

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the same page then. The founders believed in only taking the best and brightest. Those who would assimilate and not mass migration. This is not what we have been doing. We have a lottery system set up, which means pure luck, just for diversity, which goes directly against the words of Madison. We have chain migration, where a really bright person would be able to come in and then bring in his extended family who are not on that level. We have immigrant communities who are not assimilating into American life. We have almost 30% of immigrants dropping out of high school.

If that's true than that's alarming. I know in Europe entire communities aren't assimilating, maybe even feel as if they can't assimilate. Where is that taking place here in the states?

And sure, everyone wants the best and the brightest so on n so forth, but what does that mean really? Only people with verifiable impressive IQs and/or advanced degrees are the only foreigners we'll allow into the country? And what if by chance a person doesn't seem to be as impressive as his/her resume says they should be. Do we revoke their visitation/anything in the works relating to staying permanently?

I do agree assimilating is needed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is , if you cant speak a host countries language how do you expect to succeed ? if i go to france to live and i cant speak french then how do i get high paying jobs ? i would be condemned to low paying poverty laiden jobs .

so why the hell would i want that for anyone else ? in the end they end up on our govts dime

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true than that's alarming. I know in Europe entire communities aren't assimilating, maybe even feel as if they can't assimilate. Where is that taking place here in the states?

And sure, everyone wants the best and the brightest so on n so forth, but what does that mean really? Only people with verifiable impressive IQs and/or advanced degrees are the only foreigners we'll allow into the country? And what if by chance a person doesn't seem to be as impressive as his/her resume says they should be. Do we revoke their visitation/anything in the works relating to staying permanently?

I do agree assimilating is needed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/meltingpot/melt0525a.htm There is definitely a lack of assimilation and one question its meaning. Some even think assimilation means assimilating into an Anglo-state. If you are looking for communities in particular, look at Minnesota I believe it is.

Yes to be honest. Why would we want anything less than 5he verifiable best and brightest? Absolutely revoke people’s green cards for not meeting expectations. Why not? You want the best on the Redskins team right. If they don’t meet the expectations, we cut them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is , if you cant speak a host countries language how do you expect to succeed ? if i go to france to live and i cant speak french then how do i get high paying jobs ? i would be condemned to low paying poverty laiden jobs .

so why the hell would i want that for anyone else ? in the end they end up on our govts dime

Not really dude. My wife has worked in HR for 20+ years, and she is specifically recruited because she speaks multiple languages. Because smart companies realize, some of the best workers they have come from Mexico, south American and other nations. And most of these immigrants will make an effort to learn english because they do realize that it will actually make their life here easier.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/meltingpot/melt0525a.htm There is definitely a lack of assimilation and one question its meaning. Some even think assimilation means assimilating into an Anglo-state. If you are looking for communities in particular, look at Minnesota I believe it is.

Yes to be honest. Why would we want anything less than 5he verifiable best and brightest? Absolutely revoke people’s green cards for not meeting expectations. Why not? You want the best on the Redskins team right. If they don’t meet the expectations, we cut them.

It is Minnesota. Sharia law, which is radical, has been mentioned a few times in that state in some of the communities.

On the contrary I do love chinatowns, little italys, and portuguese neighborhoods in cities. Are they assimilating? Maybe they are assimilating to the demand cities have? Or maybe some cultures are just better then others. I honestly dont know. Authentic Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese food is undeniably the best though, dont @ me on that!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one in particular and there are others. I use an iPad when on this site, so no I don’t do much typing. Obama ruined the economy with Obamacare, too many regulations on businesses, letting illegal immigrants in, the list goes on and on brother.

no need to waste your time. I just brush past any of those posts. Like Ive said before anything said needs to be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

so indoctrinated that they dont even realize they have spent 8 years in HS and college being indoctrinated! Its just the norm now.

I specifically remember in HS (affluent area with some of the best HS in state) you knew exactly which way your social studies teachers leaned. English/Math was bit harder to tell but SS there wasnt 1 teacher who you didnt know exactly how they felt politically. The right winged teachers very few and far between always stood out the most.

College was 10x worse and I went to a private Jesuit university. Not a state school or liberal arts one.

Status
Not open for further replies.