• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from it, you must have me confused with someone else.

The pinnacle would be to win the division, take the NFC championship and then win the Super Bowl.

I'm from the old school to prepare for and expect to win every game.

handshake.gif

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...since we're throwing out hot sports opinions.

I'd say you are the norm for Washington fans where Dallas week is darn near a holiday week and the cowboy fan represents mush less the norm of long standing cowboy fan views.

Whatever you want to think PDay, I'm not going to engage in a pissing contest with you. I don't feel the need to defend the flag.

It is what it is, in your mind in so far as how you regard the skins and/or my personal fan routine. I've stated where I'm coming from and it's based on a historical perspective of the rivalry. You can chose to believe differently. So be it.

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you want to think PDay, I'm not going to engage in a pissing contest with you. I don't feel the need to defend the flag.

It is what it is, in your mind in so far as how you regard the skins and/or my personal fan routine. I've stated where I'm coming from and it's based on a historical perspective of the rivalry. You can chose to believe differently. So be it.

Something else we can agree on!

The futility of engaging in pissing contests.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I anticipate you will see my posting a lot here... and so wanted to take a minute to give a thumbnail sketch of why that little Star is the first sports icon on my profile.

I have been a Cowboys fan since Dandy Don Meredith hit Tom Brown right in the numbers in the 1966 NFL Championship game. I was 11 at the time (have at it math scholars) and was convinced that a Super Bowl win was just a matter of beating the Packers in 1967. We all know how that worked out... and I have been a die hard ever since. Our heroes were the epitome of the "Wait Until Next Year" mantra. Crushed in 1971... elated in 1972... and I have rode this bus unwaveringly.

I come here from the old Fan Nation forums on the SI site. They have decided that they will use that server going forward for new and exciting offerings. In other words, they are turning it into a Fantasy Sports pay-as-you-go forum and as a result kicked all of us good posters (as well as a whole bunch of trolls, dupes and other assorted idiots) out the door.

You will find me to be a voice of reason when it comes to our heroes. I've learned to accept the fact that Jerry will never give up being a GM. As a result, I have also concluded that if he will surround himself with good football people that provide good football advice (instead of suck ass sycophants like Larry Lacewell) we have a chance to improve our lot in the NFC East. I am a disciple of the Rick Gosselin school of thinking when it comes to the NFL Draft. The NFL is a young man's game. As a result, a team HAS to draft well. The 2008/09 drafts hang on this team like an albatross. It messes every other phase of the team up.

I look forward to being a regular contributor on the Cowboys thread here on the Hoop. I also look forward to carrying on civil dialogue with the other Cowboys fans here. You won't see name calling from me... you won't see demeaning comments from me... you won't see me talking down to anyone... and you won't see me taking this whole sports fan thing too seriously. My wife is a breast cancer survivor and we are very involved in real life efforts that put being a sports fan in perspective. It ain't that important.

Oh...

• Iggles Suck!
    ViQueens Suck
    Fuck the Niners!

That's about all you're gonna get from me...

What's puzzling you is the nature of my game.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was named after a dead Kennedy. I'll leave it at that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pissing contest would be a little different.
Just stating views that may not be political correct for some

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else we can agree on!

The futility of engaging in pissing contests.

Yep. :nod:

In PDays defense, there does exist a pocket of delusional skins fans, who are entirely focused on the boys as the most important games of the year. Of the , 'if we only win 2 games may it be against Dallas ' mentality. Idiots, IMO.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that tune playing over and over in my head.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In PDays defense, there does exist a pocket of delusional skins fans, who are entirely focused on the boys as the most important games of the year. Of the , 'if we only win 2 games may it be against Dallas ' mentality. Idiots, IMO.

that's correct...perhaps it started with George Allen, Dallas week and such.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's correct...perhaps it started with George Allen, Dallas week and such.

I am well aware and yes it began to really blossom with Allen.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome. I am glad it wasn't George Takei

UnBiasedPerspective

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I declined an invitation to the fan police. As long as they aren't abusive or violent, it seems to me each fan is free to choose his or her own motivation.

I thoroughly enjoy a win over the skins, but I also enjoy when a player with RG III's talents plays well. I'm a fan of good football as well as the Cowboys.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I declined an invitation to the fan police. As long as they aren't abusive or violent, it seems to me each fan is free to choose his or her own motivation.

I thoroughly enjoy a win over the skins, but I also enjoy when a player with RG III's talents plays well. I'm a fan of good football as well as the Cowboys.

Respect UBP. :suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then at the end of the day....I said little wrong about all this.
Believe it or not, you remain one of the few redskin fans I don't care to have a pissing contest.

I know that. :suds: