• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoffs

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well part of the reason is their backup lenher is solid!
I also give the sens credit when Anderson went down they played both their backups. Heck even in a losing situation we were in kinkade should've got some starts. Really makes you wonder what the goalie situation in 2 years will be.

Watching the ranger game tonight I ask myself will larrson ever turn into a mike green?

Heck I don't ever see the kid putting on any weight he looks like a light breeze will throw him over

I don't think Larsson is supposed to turn into Mike Green. Larsson is much more of a breakout pass, solid in his own end type defenseman.

I could be wrong but I believe Jon Merrill is supposed to be a much more offensive minded player than Larsson.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles really giving the Pens a run for their money..Vokoun needs to be in there for Game 5. Fleury is just not up to par right now and might cost em a series for the 2nd season in a row if Blysma doesnt make a switch.

Even if the Pens get through this round , Boston will stomp them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about soft goals and a goaltender being responsible for his team losing, the conversation starts and ends with Marc Andre Fleury. Holy Christ has this guy been horrific.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched both games tonight and am 1000000% convinced the devils wouldbe got stomped. Wow every team is fast quick transitions taking the puck to the net. shooting high not into the chest. Hitting the net.

Devils have to get younger and have to get more skill. Seeing the teams out there tonight zubrus clakrson see ya.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
think we lack serious creativity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say for sure..if Kovy and Marty were playing we could've gotten through a team like Toronto or Washington...Id love to say Montreal too but they played us well this year.

After last years playoffs you just have to find it at the right time. The Sharks look like world beaters right now and I doubt many people even picked them in the Vancouver series.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is the Devils aren't far removed from the team they had last year. Just comes down to getting hot at the right time.

And that shows with Pittsburgh. They do not look like the team they did a month ago. I know the Islanders are playing well, and they have virtually nothing to lose, it just looks like the Pens don't have the heart right now. I would love nothing more that to see them lose, just to show you can't buy cups.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont know it just looks like these teams are way more hungry then we were this year and heck maybe even to a certain degree last year too.

the sens are way better then a 7th seed much like the kings last year. the caps pp would've eaten us alive.

i dont know just looking at this type of hockey being played i dont think the devils would've stood a chance. need more then a healthy kovy/marty. kovy isnt the same player as he was in atlanta imo. yeah hes more of a 2way player which is good but he isnt the dominate lethal sniper he was in atlanta. its a give take

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thing is the Devils aren't far removed from the team they had last year. Just comes down to getting hot at the right time.

And that shows with Pittsburgh. They do not look like the team they did a month ago. I know the Islanders are playing well, and they have virtually nothing to lose, it just looks like the Pens don't have the heart right now. I would love nothing more that to see them lose, just to show you can't buy cups.

i agree the devils from this year and last year are minus parise. i know he was huge for the devils beyond huge. but was this season cause no parise? or did it show that we really were just one fluke bounce away from a 1st round upset against the panthers? i know we had injuries but still other players have to step up and most nights it looked like the team could care less about being out there.

pitt i kinda agree but they are still putting up goals its just been that MAF has been HORRIBLE!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of the Sens first goal last night? How could they not call that kicking it into the net... that was worse than the parise one a few years ago.... Goes to show you... ours was a no goal... that one counted.... such BS.... Im not a sens or habs fan, but the habs got hosed on that call.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this was posted on the main board:

Save percentage for MAF since the Cup run in '09.

2010 - .891
2011 - .899
2012 - .834
2013 - .891

That is absolutely brutal, especially when the Pens are scoring 3+ every night.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of the Sens first goal last night? How could they not call that kicking it into the net... that was worse than the parise one a few years ago.... Goes to show you... ours was a no goal... that one counted.... such BS.... Im not a sens or habs fan, but the habs got hosed on that call.....

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea what is a goal and what isn't a goal anymore. More often than not I say yeah that looks like a kicking motion, goal, nah it looks like he's just coming to a stop, no goal.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree the devils from this year and last year are minus parise. i know he was huge for the devils beyond huge. but was this season cause no parise? or did it show that we really were just one fluke bounce away from a 1st round upset against the panthers? i know we had injuries but still other players have to step up and most nights it looked like the team could care less about being out there.

pitt i kinda agree but they are still putting up goals its just been that MAF has been HORRIBLE!

We also didn't get the same performances out of guys on D. Salvador, Fayne and A-Train all regressed in my opinion.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that 1st goal it was like a 50/50 split. when it first hit his skate it looked like he was directing it in good goal. then as its leaving his skate it looked like he picked his skate up thus making it a kicking motion no goal.

so yeah i dont know either way whats a good goal or bad goal. there is also too much gray area to determine it. they should just put it as anything that goes into the net counts kicking wise. they want more goals scored right?

i would go one step further and say that all goals into the net should count except high sticks. which they should make the height of your shoulders thus making it way easier to determine if its a legal goal

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

2010 - .891
2011 - .899
2012 - .834
2013 - .891

wow those are brutal 1980's nhl numbers! hes a good regular season goalie imo but come playoffs hes anti clutch. heck before that cup run he was average

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2010 - .891
2011 - .899
2012 - .834
2013 - .891

Their defense has absolutely gone in the tank over the last 3 games as well. Like a bunch of turnstiles, guys are walking right around them for great chances. Looked like he let a couple bad ones in last night, but he got shelled with great shots the prior 2 games.

He's good, but not elite like most of the boneheads who live in my area claim him to be. Now they are calling for Vokoun, LOL

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 1st goal it was like a 50/50 split. when it first hit his skate it looked like he was directing it in good goal. then as its leaving his skate it looked like he picked his skate up thus making it a kicking motion no goal.

so yeah i dont know either way whats a good goal or bad goal. there is also too much gray area to determine it. they should just put it as anything that goes into the net counts kicking wise. they want more goals scored right?

i would go one step further and say that all goals into the net should count except high sticks. which they should make the height of your shoulders thus making it way easier to determine if its a legal goal

I agree Cup... if its in the net... its a goal with the exception of goalie interference and high sticks as you say. I think the crossbar is still a good measure... The thing about the goal last night was if you watch his foot after, he kinda flicks it if you watch the heel. That makes me think it shouldnt have been a goal..... they need to work on that rule... Habs would have won that game if you didnt allow that first goal.... less than what 7 minutes to go and habs up by two.... would have been brutal for the sens to come back after a no goal.... but glad it happened to them and not to us... we would have been bitching something awful today....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make one exception to the anything that's in is in rule, when they say distinct kicking motion it needs to mean like soccer style, guys winds up and actively kicks the puck. Obviously that would be insanely dangerous around the crease, which is probably why it exists, but guys tilting their skate or angling it so that it redirects in should absolutely 100% be allowed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Blysma made the right choice..Vokoun starting next game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah vort if i was making the call i would've gone with no goal. better safe then sorry on calling it in error and changing a game. that little tick up of his skate at the end did look like a kick.

yeah anything where you lift the skate mid air like in soccer i would say no goal. but any and all kicking motion on the ice i think is fine. heck we probably would've won the cup in 2001 if that rule was in place! gomez game 6 first goal is waived off.

man taking flurey out i dont know if its the right move but it had to be made. i think the isles take it in 6