• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs?!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the post, a pretty interesting scenario I can actually see being plausible given the matchups. The trickiest matchup in that scenario looks like the Manziel Browns vs the Bengals to me. No idea what to expect from either team in that game due to the QB's.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the post, a pretty interesting scenario I can actually see being plausible given the matchups. The trickiest matchup in that scenario looks like the Manziel Browns vs the Bengals to me. No idea what to expect from either team in that game due to the QB's.

That's pretty bad when you can't expect what you're going to get from your quarterback (Dalton). Of course, that works out sometimes because he gets hot sometimes. People will rack on Smith, but even know what to expect and most times it works.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clearest path to the playoffs is obviously for the Chiefs to beat the Steelers and Chargers. But, in the event of a Chiefs loss, all KC needs this week is for the Texans to beat the Ravens as 5-point underdogs and the season remains alive.

If that happens—and it could— Chiefs will need the following in Week 17:
Patriots (-9.5) over Bills
Browns (+3.5) over Ravens
Jaguars (+6.5) over Texans
Chiefs (-3.5) over Chargers

In Vegas, the above scenario would pay out 12-to-1 on a parlay ticket, so the odds are somewhat slim. But before you say "impossible," let me remind you of 2006 Week 17 playoff scenario, when the Chiefs needed the following to happen:
Steelers (+6) over Bengals
Patriots (+3) over Titans
49ers (+11) over Broncos (Alex Smith comeback last minute rushing TD for the win)
Chiefs (-3) over Jaguars
The odds of the Chiefs making the playoffs that year? 72-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clearest path to the playoffs is obviously for the Chiefs to beat the Steelers and Chargers. But, in the event of a Chiefs loss, all KC needs this week is for the Texans to beat the Ravens as 5-point underdogs and the season remains alive.

If that happens—and it could— Chiefs will need the following in Week 17:
Patriots (-9.5) over Bills
Browns (+3.5) over Ravens
Jaguars (+6.5) over Texans
Chiefs (-3.5) over Chargers

In Vegas, the above scenario would pay out 12-to-1 on a parlay ticket, so the odds are somewhat slim. But before you say "impossible," let me remind you of 2006 Week 17 playoff scenario, when the Chiefs needed the following to happen:
Steelers (+6) over Bengals
Patriots (+3) over Titans
49ers (+11) over Broncos (Alex Smith comeback last minute rushing TD for the win)
Chiefs (-3) over Jaguars
The odds of the Chiefs making the playoffs that year? 72-1

Hmm, that's an interesting scenario, and I like the Vegas odds of the Jags over a Keenum led Texans team, personally. However, that Browns game is real rough sledding with Manziel at the helm if last week was any indication. I am surprised the line is that close, imo.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see what Rivers did to the 49er's last night. he ran a clinic

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you hold the Steelers' explosive offense to 20 and lose, you don't deserve a playoff spot. The O-line needs an overhaul. The WR and ILB's need to be retooled to varying extents as well. Good opportunity since we will have extra draft picks.

With the O-line being so dreadful, Hudson needs to be resigned somehow. Only guy that can be consistently trusted on the O-line. This team isn't all that far away from making it back into the playoffs next year if they hit the draft well and continue to churn in player development. Fingers crossed it happens, but I remain skeptical.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you hold the Steelers' explosive offense to 20 and lose, you don't deserve a playoff spot. The O-line needs an overhaul. The WR and ILB's need to be retooled to varying extents as well. Good opportunity since we will have extra draft picks.

With the O-line being so dreadful, Hudson needs to be resigned somehow. Only guy that can be consistently trusted on the O-line. This team isn't all that far away from making it back into the playoffs next year if they hit the draft well and continue to churn in player development. Fingers crossed it happens, but I remain skeptical.

:agree:you and me both. it's bad when WE see the needs of this team clearly and our brain trust doesn't...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:you and me both. it's bad when WE see the needs of this team clearly and our brain trust doesn't...

I think the FO misevaluated the O-line right from the get go, imo. Jeff Allen going on IR right away along with Stephenson's shenanigans really caused a lot of extra problems to create a perfect storm of suck. Fisher needs to put on about 20 pounds and be more sound- or at least that is what my eyes tell me watching him pass block. Fisher has made some progress when it comes to run blocking, but pass blocking is probably the #1 problem on this team right now. There's a decent chance the Chiefs have double digit picks due to last year's FA to go along with the return of our 2nd rounder.

Assuming a repeat of '06 doesn't happen (Go Chiefs, Jags, and Browns!) this is the most important year for this regime to build a core distinct from the Pioli regime and prove they can build a consistent contender going forward.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Stephenson are backups on any SB contender. The FO is misevaluating them as starters so the quicker they realize that the better.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Stephenson are backups on any SB contender. The FO is misevaluating them as starters so the quicker they realize that the better.

Not too thrilled about the extra curricular stuff on twitter from Stephenson. The fact he hasn't won his job back over Ryan Harris tends to lead me to believe he won't be back next year. Allen was in the -10 to -15 range on PFF last year (PFF, I know) Mcglynn is over -30 and ranked 80th out of 80 ranked guards. It's really dreadful to think a well below average LG in Jeff Allen (barring progress on his part) could be a significant upgrade, ugh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens, Houston will win. Might as well try to knock out SD without Smith (lacerated spleen).

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
truth to tell i'm not so certain about either one, but we'll see how it goes...

#HopeForTheBest...

Yeah, I am just looking for an excuse to dump Daniel. I had the same schtick going with Avery last year, and this year Albert Wilson looks an awful lot like his replacement.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, if the Chargers are really going to have issues with Chase Daniel with the season on the line... there's no way they are a playoff team.