• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy has been pitching well and always owned the Dodgers. It was not a surprise that the bats struggled in my opinion.

But seeing that awful defense was not a surprise either and that will kill this team in the playoffs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy has been pitching well and always owned the Dodgers. It was not a surprise that the bats struggled in my opinion.

But seeing that awful defense was not a surprise either and that will kill this team in the playoffs.

So I guess Gonzalez, Gordon and Puig consistently suck on defense?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Gonzalez, Gordon and Puig consistently suck on defense?

Well, we are seven this year in errors. So as a team with World Series aspirations and a shitty bullpen with a suspect rotation yes, it could cost the Dodgers games as it did last night.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night. Bottom of the 5th, 2-2 tie, 2 out, Ellis on third, Puig at bat. Popout.

That's some clutch hitting thar...

We're definitely not in the weeds for hitting in terms of regular season numbers. However, our team clammed up pretty bad last night when things got tight from the 6th inning on. Pretty sure we only had one hit from innings 6-13, and that one hit came from a AAA prospect. That's what I'm concerned about.

The postseason is very different from the regular season, as most everyone knows. Opposing pitching dials it up a notch, and when it does, our situational hitting becomes lackluster. Last night was a perfect example. The game essentially was a playoff game and our bats went quiet.

Of course, it didn't help that we had almost as many errors as hits in the game.

Harren stepped up big time. Props to him.

What about the playoff game (10 days ago) where we hung 17 on them? You talk about regular season games being different from regular season games, and you use a regular season game as your reference.

I'd say we did pretty well tonight, considering we went up against Bum. Three homers isn't too shabby. Had we not had those errors last night, we'd have sealed the division tonight. Again, not bad against a playoff team.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Dodgers are lacking anything for their Playoff run, it's clutch hitting. Dodgers have only one everyday starter batting over .300 in Puig, and he was having struggles until Kemp got in his face. Gonzo is the only guy on the team with over 100 RBIs, and Kemp the only other player with over 75 RBIs.

Kemp is starting to hit a nice stride, but Gonzo is really the only hitter on the team that has proven to be reliable in the clutch. I do like Uribe and Turner. They hit for average and have timely hits, but I don't think anyone would say they are clutch hitters.

So that's my concern...and clutch hitting is what has held us back the past couple postseasons. We know we can count on Gonzo. Kemp is still a maybe, but looking more like his old self each day. However, where else are we going to get some clutch run production?

Man, I wish we could get some good hitting by different guys against teams that are playoff caliber!!!!:noidea:

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I wish we could get some good hitting by different guys against teams that are playoff caliber!!!!:noidea:

Hey man...I'm stoked that we did! What did Vin Scully say last night after Uribe got that knock with the bases loaded? Something to the effect of: "That's something Dodger fans haven't seen much of this season" (i.e. a hit with the bases loaded).

Hopefully, the boys in blue can keep it rolling.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we clinched the 2nd best record yet?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards can clinch the central tonight, locking us into them.